Author Topic: which foreign language would you like to speak as well as your first language?  (Read 17586 times)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
I am attempting to learn Spanish. I took it in high school, but that was long ago. I need to learn the language as it is becoming the other language spoken in my area.

But sometimes it can be que pereza.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Dagi

Yeah, yeah...  As if you didn't know exactly what I was going to say when you asked the question.   :P

;D :laugh: 

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• Love is a force of nature
I am attempting to learn Spanish. I took it in high school, but that was long ago. I need to learn the language as it is becoming the other language spoken in my area.

But sometimes it can be que pereza.

I picked French, but you've got a good point Truman.  It would maybe be worth my while to learn Spanish again because of the fact that so many folks who speak Spanish in Fl. never bother to learn English.

I could probably make more money on the job if I was fluent in Spanish as well..  you know now how that annoying computer lady asks you to press 1 for English and then she says something in Spanish?  Well if i spoke both I could help both Spanish speaking people and those who speak the native language of our country.

Hey there's a saying I remember..  I think it goes "When in Rome, do as the Romans"  Humph guess that doesnt apply to the U.S.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
You know what? I read the title of this incorrectly. I thought it said "which foreign language would you like to speak as your first language".

Shit.  >:(

I really hate it when I do that.

I agree with Shasta and Truman. There are many Spanish speaking people in Indianapolis, and Spanish would definately come in handy around here.

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Dagi

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:... hey!!  >:(

I'd love to learn French or Italian.. both languages are so sexy ..... ble ble ble bleuuuuu, ble ble ble bleuuuuuuuuu! 

I wouldn't mind learning English too ... never was very good at it!

Susie 

:laugh:  It´s good enough I think.  ;D

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
I took classes in French in elementary school but alas I have forgotten most.  I really wish I had mastered the language as I just love the way it sounds. Don't know what they are saying, but it sounds nice.  ;)

I also like the Italian and Russian languages.

Offline dot-matrix

• www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
I took three years of German in High School and got high marks but can't speak it anymore.  I find I do understand a little bit though and wish I had learned more and kept it up but there's not much call for it where I grew up or where I live.  Spanish would make more sense here.  I'd like to learn that too.
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Dagi

I took three years of German in High School and got high marks but can't speak it anymore.  I find I do understand a little bit though and wish I had learned more and kept it up but there's not much call for it where I grew up or where I live.  Spanish would make more sense here.  I'd like to learn that too.

Hey Dottie, das habe ich gar nicht gewusst! Ich werde in Zukunft ein bisschen Deutsch mit Dir sprechen, okay? I love Spanish, too, but I think I lost it. Yesterday a Latinamerican friend replied to a message I had sent him in 2002, and I had difficulties reading my own letter from back then... :(

mvansand76

I loooooove your signature line, Dagi!  :-*

Dagi

Thank you, I love yours, too.  ;D