Author Topic: Moonlight  (Read 12012 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Moonlight
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2007, 10:09:53 am »
A happy surprise! Our department holiday celebration was Monday afternoon, Dec. 3. The department provided us with tickets to see August Rush, and then dinner at a nice Italian restaurant next door to the theater. The surprise was that Alex O'Loughlin had a supporting role in August Rush, playing (with an Irish accent) the rock-and-roller brother of the character played by Jonathan Rhys Meyers.  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2008, 05:09:44 pm »
I have read in TV Guide that Moonlight returns April 11!

Yeehaw!  :D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2008, 11:43:51 pm »
Well I see now that all my promoting of Alex/Mick was not really necessary.  Glad you bumped up this thread.  I am addicted to this show and missing it!  Can't wait for its return.  Now it had better not get cancelled!  Everyone watch it, please!!!!!

I never buy contemporary TV series on DVD, but you can bet I'll be buying Moonlight when it comes out on DVD! I love watching Mick and Beth together.  :D

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2008, 12:24:13 pm »
I have occasionally bought a series on DVD when we plan to travel a lot.  Great for hotel room viewing anywhere in the world if you travel with a notebook computer!  I also love Mick and Beth together.  And they are both so gorgeous - something for everyone!

What truly amazes me is that Alex O'Loughlin is Australian and Sophia Myles is British, yet they are able to make Mick sound like he's from--I don't know--Chicago maybe?--and Beth sound so--downright American. I doubt that American actors could do as well making themselves sound like foreigners.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2008, 03:29:53 pm »
I love the little touches of humor that get tossed in, in this show.

Spoiler:

In one episode, Beth was asking Josef (Jason Dorhn) if he knew Coraline, Mick's ex-wife. Josef said, "I knew her in New York. Lincoln was president."  ;D

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2008, 11:32:06 am »
Actually, I was a little surprized how soon Mick "came out" to Beth. I thought they might have worked another episode or two in before she found out the truth. But, then again--Spoiler Alert!--I really liked the episode where Mick nearly "died" in that desert motel. (The attack helicopter was a bit much, though.  ;D )

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2008, 04:11:59 pm »
SPOILERS - Josh dying was another surprise, along with what Beth asked Mick to do.

Agreed! What a dilemma for Mick!  :(  But I knew he couldn't do it, not being as conflicted as he is about being a "vamp."

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2008, 10:35:04 am »
But will Beth ever forgive Mick now?  I think the show's writers had to create some barrier or it would have been too easy for Mick and Beth to get together without Josh there, although there is Coraline.

We'll just have to wait and see where they go with it. Beth knows how conflicted Mick is, and everyone has been telling her how obvious it is that there is something between her and Mick.

There is a lot up in the air right now. What's happened to Coraline, now that her brother dragged her off somewhere (interesting that in the end he cared more about Coraline "turning" a mortal commoner--Mick--without Mick agreeing to it than he cared about Mick)? How long before that "antidote" wears off, and then what? It seems to me that Mick is very vulnerable while he's "under the influence."  And--my memory is a little hazy--but wasn't there something about Beth and Coraline having the same blood type? And Mick has "fed" on Beth's blood. ... Or maybe that was just a red herring before we learned about the herbal "antidote"?

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2008, 11:38:42 am »
I thought it was a little silly of Mick to try to become human when he would clearly need his vampire powers.  I assume he would prefer to be a live human.

But it was kinda funny to see him gorging himself on take-out, once he could actually "eat" again.  ;D

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2008, 03:59:39 pm »
I just watched last Friday's episode last night.  That ending!!!!!

Spoiler Alert!

Since the show has been canceled, at least the Mick-Beth relationship was brought to a satisfactory point.

It's funny, but I half suspect they reshot the ending after they got the news--or had already filmed an "extra" ending just in case. If the show were returning in the fall, I might have expected the episode to end with both of them leaning their heads against a wall--and who does that remind us of?  ;D  But then Mick rushes back into Beth's apartment, and, well, we know the rest.  :)

On the other hand, unresolved is that the ADA has in hand a list of all the vamps in L.A. And whose voice was it on the phone? The husband-vamp, who chose to be immolated with his wife?