Author Topic: Ok! Magazine is reporting that Heath is in talks to do BBM 2  (Read 26653 times)

Online Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Ok! Magazine is reporting that Heath is in talks to do BBM 2
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2007, 02:21:23 pm »
Let's see, three-quarters of the women on the planet and most (not all...I actually know two gay guys who have not seen BBM) gay men under the sun don't add up to a bankable demographic? LOL

Not if you're of the mindset of making movies for teenage boys. ...  :P
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2007, 02:24:15 pm »
Not if you're of the mindset of making movies for teenage boys. ...  :P

They are not looking to make $300 million dollars. Remember, in the US alone, BBM made $83 million at the theater. Not bad for a $14 million investment.

And in one way, you're contradicting yourself, Jeff. The Godfather was certainly not made for teenage boys. In fact, I don't think any films in that genre are designed to appeal to a teenage demographic.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Online Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2007, 02:34:14 pm »
They are not looking to make $300 million dollars. Remember, in the US alone, BBM made $83 million at the theater. Not bad for a $14 million investment.

And in one way, you're contradicting yourself, Jeff. The Godfather was certainly not made for teenage boys. In fact, I don't think any films in that genre are designed to appeal to a teenage demographic.

L

No, but how many years ago was The Godfather and its sequels made? I'm not even sure the comparison is valid, given the changes in the industry. It might be, but I'm not sure.

Make that three gay men. I've already established that I wouldn't see a sequel.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Scott6373

« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2007, 02:38:21 pm »
Raises hand for not wanting to see it, but probably would...out of some misplaced sense of obligation.

Online Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2007, 02:39:51 pm »
Raises hand for not wanting to see it, but probably would...out of some misplaced sense of obligation.

So that's three gay men plus one maybe. ...  :laugh:

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2007, 03:42:44 pm »
They haven't yet seen fit to release a special edition DVD (I'm talking about a real one with commentaries & deleted scenes) like other, less successful films have. That leaves me skeptical about whether they see our demographic (however large it may be) as worthy of the investment of an entire new film.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 01:45:26 pm by LauraGigs »

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2007, 03:50:34 pm »
They haven't yet seen fit to release a special edition DVD (a real one with commentaries & deleted scenes) like other, less successful films have. That leaves me skeptical about whether they see our demographic (however large it may be) as worthy of the investment of an entire new film.

While I agree with you Laura, there was, in fact, a special edition DVD released. It just seems that "our" definition of "special edition" is not the same as theirs.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2007, 04:18:41 pm »

I am very very skeptical....

Beautiful mind

Offline ranchgal

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2007, 05:35:28 pm »
total nonsense and completely false---Theresa at HLC said she talked to someone in the production company and there are NO plans for BBM2--and Heath, I believe Heath has moved well beyond BBM and  will not be interested or even in talks even if there is.  After all the stuff He and Jake went through with interviews ect--I doubt either of them will be interested in any repeat projects.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2007, 05:43:59 pm »
nobody over at Rotten Tomatoes is giving the rumor any credence either - and usually there are at least a couple of industry insiders who drop hints from time to time about what is coming down the road.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”