Author Topic: Have you seen "Rendition"? (Spoilers)  (Read 11386 times)

Online southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
Re: Have you seen "Rendition"? (Spoilers)
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2007, 10:09:28 pm »
Paul, did you like it more than Zodiac?

I had to cover my eyes in parts of Zodiac too.

Rendition is really an ensemble piece; Jake gets top billing, but he's not in every scene.  The other actors are equally effective.  I thought Jake's performance was subtle, the way he portrayed his own traumatization.  Oh, yeah, there's a little skin, too. 8)

Dev, I'm not so sure that Peter Sarsgaard's character was all that good.  I thought he was a little too ambitious; ultimately, it was his receptionist who shone through. 

I would like to have seen more development of the relationship between Jake and his girlfriend.  But, like you say, there's a number of different plots going on, and it was already two hours long.

I think Jake is growing into his looks very nicely.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Have you seen "Rendition"? (Spoilers)
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2007, 04:59:49 pm »
I liked it.  I didn't think Reese was all that great, honestly (and I swear I'm not saying that out of spite), but in her defense, she didn't have much to do. 

SPOILER SPACE:

And actually, we never really know for sure that the guy was falsely accused.  We just know that under duress, he made up a lie that bought him enough time to be released.  I think that's what makes it interesting.

I was a little irritated at the ending, though.  It seemed a bit odd that after going through all that waiting and wondering about her husband, Isabelle would let a taxi bring him home.  Walking out, I heard someone say, "I liked it right up until that ending."  Gotta agree, there.

Barb <--- hates logic flaws but loves to talk about herself in the third person
No more beans!