Author Topic: Thoughts for the day  (Read 1200078 times)

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
Re: Thoughts for the day
« Reply #1790 on: August 23, 2009, 05:53:12 pm »
The 27th of May, 1983:

Ennis was mucking out the stalls in Stoudimier's barn, the old mans grandson had turned the radio to a rock station in Cheyenne, away from the country station Ennis usually listened to. He had slipped off with his buddies earlier and Ennis thought about marking over to change it back, but he had just a little left to do before he could call it a day, go get a beer. After the commercial for the local savings and loan ended and the flashy into faded, Bad Company came across the airwaves to fill his mind:

"Baby, when I think about you,
I think about love.

Darling, can't live without you,
and your love."

The lyrics hit Ennis in the stomach, he wondered if there was anyway he could convince Jack to meet him again.

Driving down a zig zag road away from Lightning Flat, Jack Twist adjusted the tuner on his truck's radio. Some preaching, a farm report, and then the Cheyenne station came in loud and clear.

"And if I had those golden dreams
Of my yesterdaaaaaaaaaaaays,

I would wrap you in the heaven
til I'm dyin' on the way."

Jack thought of strong arms encircling him, and a face came up in his mind. He snapped out of it, he cut the radio off. He was looking forward now. He would leave Ennis Del Mar be.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSoEP1NVmPM[/youtube]

I LOVE this.
Days like today ecspecially!
We all need a reminder of what brought us here in the first place!
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #1791 on: August 24, 2009, 07:40:41 am »
I LOVE this.
Days like today ecspecially!
We all need a reminder of what brought us here in the first place!

;)
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #1792 on: August 26, 2009, 01:27:07 pm »
"There will be no unnecessary drama in my world"  :laugh:
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1793 on: August 26, 2009, 04:05:49 pm »
Okay so Debby Boone who sang "You Light Up My Life" back in the 1970s, is the daughter of Pat Boone and the Granddaughter of Country Music pioneer Red Foley. She is married to Gabriel Ferrer, the son of Jose Ferrer and Rosemary Clooney and the cousin of George Coolney.

Weird.  :laugh:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn4Kfvxczs0[/youtube]

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1794 on: August 26, 2009, 04:15:16 pm »
The story my father told me was that his paternal grandmother told him this happened three yers prior to her marriage.

The sun grew dark one day and the next morning it did not rise. The only conclusion they could reach was that the end of the world had arrived and they went to the church house. They stayed there for three days as it filled up, people begging to be let it.

On the fourth day the sun began to return and they all drifted home and got back to their daily routines.

I knew she has been married in 1886, that would have made this event in 1883, and I knew what happened then, on this day in fact. The eruption of Krakatoa in Indonesia, it blocked out the sun all over the world. My great grandmother witnessed it and never knew what it was.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #1795 on: August 26, 2009, 07:23:43 pm »
The story my father told me was that his paternal grandmother told him this happened three yers prior to her marriage.

The sun grew dark one day and the next morning it did not rise. The only conclusion they could reach was that the end of the world had arrived and they went to the church house. They stayed there for three days as it filled up, people begging to be let it.

On the fourth day the sun began to return and they all drifted home and got back to their daily routines.

I knew she has been married in 1886, that would have made this event in 1883, and I knew what happened then, on this day in fact. The eruption of Krakatoa in Indonesia, it blocked out the sun all over the world. My great grandmother witnessed it and never knew what it was.

What a great family story!  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1796 on: August 27, 2009, 09:54:10 pm »
"An now A da gii oona a nyew chaage. Oona mus love one noda. Same fashion A beena lobe oona, oona mus lobe one noda. Ef oona da lobe one noda, ebrybody gwine know dat oona me ciple dem."

John 13:34-35, De Good Nyews bout Jedus Christ wa John Write, published by Wycliffe Bible Translators

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #1797 on: August 27, 2009, 10:03:58 pm »
"An now A da gii oona a nyew chaage. Oona mus love one noda. Same fashion A beena lobe oona, oona mus lobe one noda. Ef oona da lobe one noda, ebrybody gwine know dat oona me ciple dem."

John 13:34-35, De Good Nyews bout Jedus Christ wa John Write, published by Wycliffe Bible Translators

How do you come up with these things?  Don't answer that.  :laugh:
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #1798 on: August 27, 2009, 10:27:23 pm »

Is that Gullah?

I know it isn't Klingon.  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1799 on: August 27, 2009, 11:28:50 pm »
It sure is Gullah, I bought a copy of the New Testament in Gullah last week and have been howin' ever since.

This Jedus dude is da bomb.