Author Topic: Thoughts for the day  (Read 1170773 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Thoughts for the day
« Reply #270 on: November 17, 2007, 01:19:00 am »
Well, do that and get some good sleep and you'll be right as rain in the mornin!!
Good night cowboy!!  :-*

Aww, a goodnight kiss from Rich!  :D

Thanks, Little Darlin'!  :-*
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #271 on: November 17, 2007, 03:10:37 am »
...Wow, time flies by very, very quickly. I guess that is something to think about during Thanksgiving and that is to appreciate and cherish whatever you do have now. Who knows what you might have tomorrow.

A very profound thought, Jack....if you don't mind, I'll quote you at Thanksgiving dinner next week, bud.
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #272 on: November 17, 2007, 09:48:32 am »
Lord I know!
This quote sums it up for me "The days drag on but the years fly by!"
Sometimes getting through the day can be a chore then the next thing you know, it's the new year!

"I'm gonna live my life............like every days' the last,without a simple goodbye it all goes by so fast"

I sure do agree with that, it seems that at work the days go by so slow and I just wish for the end of the day and the end of the week. Then suddenly it's the end of a month and it all speeds up and it is time for another year. Sometimes I just want to put the brakes on and say ok we are gonna stop here for awhile, but oh well it doesn't work that way. So, even though it truly is hard to look at each day as the last you have I think it is so important to try, but it sure does seem hard for me to do.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #273 on: November 17, 2007, 09:54:38 am »
A very profound thought, Jack....if you don't mind, I'll quote you at Thanksgiving dinner next week, bud.

Well, thanks Lynne. That makes me feel honored and what a great way to start a Saturday morning  :)

And I too love that song "Can't Cry Hard Enough" by the Williams Brothers. Have any of you seen the video someone did of Ennis and Jack where that song is used? Now, that is truly a tearjerker.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #274 on: November 17, 2007, 10:29:05 am »
Maybe if he specializes in kidney stones.

Um, a meteorologist is one who studies the weather, not meteors. I'll have to ask our resident meteorologist, EDelMar, this question. He might say, "Ain't never give it no thought" though. But, I'll report back!

I am having trouble keeping up with the thought of the day! I know there's a thought for today in here somewheres!!...
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #275 on: November 17, 2007, 10:37:26 am »
Aww, a goodnight kiss from Rich!  :D

Thanks, Little Darlin'!  :-*

Mornin  Cowboy!
Hope your feelin better this AM and the sniffles are gone!
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #276 on: November 17, 2007, 11:11:46 am »
The thought for today, comes from Crosby, Stills and Nash, and a good friend who reminded me of it this week:

If you can't be with the one(s) you love, love the one your with.

Yeah.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #277 on: November 17, 2007, 11:17:11 am »
 ;D I remember that song. Or like the song that is playing right now "I want to love somebody, somebody like you" by Keith Urban. That's a great song too. It just happened to be on TV.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #278 on: November 17, 2007, 12:50:47 pm »
Mornin  Cowboy!
Hope your feelin better this AM and the sniffles are gone!

Mornin', good lookin'.

Tell you what, I wish I had the sniffles. I'd probably feel better. Instead my head is just stuffed up. Feels like I need a load of black powder to open it.  :-\  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #279 on: November 17, 2007, 12:55:13 pm »
Mornin', good lookin'.

Tell you what, I wish I had the sniffles. I'd probably feel better. Instead my head is just stuffed up. Feels like I need a load of black powder to open it.  :-\  ;D

I'm in the boat with ya, Jeff. Dang, my head feels near ta bustin'!! Miserable, ain't it? I've taken all kinds of OTC stuff and it hasn't helped. Usually Alka-Seltzer does, but not this time.  May we both get relief soon!
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~