Author Topic: Thoughts for the day  (Read 1198744 times)

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
Re: Thoughts for the day
« Reply #280 on: November 17, 2007, 12:57:50 pm »
Mornin', good lookin'.

Tell you what, I wish I had the sniffles. I'd probably feel better. Instead my head is just stuffed up. Feels like I need a load of black powder to open it.  :-\  ;D

Try Mucinex!
That stuff works wonders!
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #281 on: November 17, 2007, 01:11:51 pm »
I'm in the boat with ya, Jeff. Dang, my head feels near ta bustin'!! Miserable, ain't it? I've taken all kinds of OTC stuff and it hasn't helped. Usually Alka-Seltzer does, but not this time.  May we both get relief soon!

Amen, sister!
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #282 on: November 17, 2007, 03:53:07 pm »
Well, Lee, I went to get the Mucinex at the drugstore, (see how ya'll influence me?) but the only kind they had said for chest congestion -- I have head congestion, so the pharmacist suggested a sudafed like pill that I had to get from behind the counter and sign for because, as the pharmacist put it, "It's the kind the meth-heads use and we have to keep track of anyone who buys it."  :P
(We have our fair share of meth users around these parts -- it's the redneck crack, ya know.) Anyway, Jeff, I'll let you know if it works. I'm skeptical. I think we'll probably just have to ride it out!  :-\
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #283 on: November 17, 2007, 03:57:33 pm »
That Sudafed type stuff makes me feel like I am in another world for some reason. Guess I better not do meth  ;D Anyway, I hope it makes you feel better. Give some to Jeff too  :)

Offline McNell

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #284 on: November 17, 2007, 04:09:50 pm »
Hi ya'll...a newbie over here... ;D

Speaking of drugs....for colds that is..I tried that Walgreens brand for Sudafed...yuck,didn't do squat...felt like a fish looking thru a bowl. Just drank lots of green tea and some hot toddie's...awesome...that worked. Cold almost gone now  ::)

AG

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #285 on: November 17, 2007, 04:12:27 pm »
Is it cold, or allergy?   

If it's allergies, Chlor Trimeton works for me.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #286 on: November 17, 2007, 05:57:45 pm »
The pharmacist suggested a sudafed like pill that I had to get from behind the counter and sign for because, as the pharmacist put it, "It's the kind the meth-heads use and we have to keep track of anyone who buys it."  :P ...
 Anyway, Jeff, I'll let you know if it works. I'm skeptical. I think we'll probably just have to ride it out!  :-\

Whatever the drugstore was, that was almost certainly a generic brand of Sudafed, that is, the same drug, just not the brand name. That's what I generally use for a sinus headache. One or two doses usually opens me up, but I'm wary of taking it for a cold--I mean several times a day--because it might "hop me up" and keep me from sleeping. It is, after all, "pseudo-ephedrine," and ephedrine is the same thing as adrenaline. I've been taking a dose of it in the mornings, and for the rest of the day, I've just been toughing it out.  :-\

Is it cold, or allergy?  

If it's allergies, Chlor Trimeton works for me.

No, this is definitely a cold. In me it started, as a cold usually does in me, with a sore throat on Wednesday. The throat was sore for about 24 hours, now I have the nasal symptoms. It's all depressingly familiar.  :-\

A lot of people have colds around here right now. My houseguest last weekend was recovering from a cold, and I was in crowds of people for the events surrounding the Mr. Philadelphia Leather contest, so the only wonder is that it took until Wednesday for me to get sick.  :-\
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #287 on: November 17, 2007, 06:34:00 pm »
Whatever the drugstore was, that was almost certainly a generic brand of Sudafed, that is, the same drug, just not the brand name. That's what I generally use for a sinus headache. One or two doses usually opens me up, but I'm wary of taking it for a cold--I mean several times a day--because it might "hop me up" and keep me from sleeping. It is, after all, "pseudo-ephedrine," and ephedrine is the same thing as adrenaline. I've been taking a dose of it in the mornings, and for the rest of the day, I've just been toughing it out.  :-\

No, this is definitely a cold. In me it started, as a cold usually does in me, with a sore throat on Wednesday. The throat was sore for about 24 hours, now I have the nasal symptoms. It's all depressingly familiar.  :-\

A lot of people have colds around here right now. My houseguest last weekend was recovering from a cold, and I was in crowds of people for the events surrounding the Mr. Philadelphia Leather contest, so the only wonder is that it took until Wednesday for me to get sick.  :-\

Yeah -- it was. But the Sudafed was on the shelf. I don't know why the one I got was behind the counter. It  cost only $1.97.  :P Anyway, my headache feels a little better. Probably just from time passed.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #288 on: November 17, 2007, 06:37:26 pm »

wow......hoping that you feel better soon!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #289 on: November 17, 2007, 06:38:37 pm »
What always works for me is...whiskey! (When I'm feeling fine, I never drink the stuff!) In fact, a pediatrician once advised me to give my infant son a teaspoon of whiskey for his bronchitis. "You're kidding," I said. "Aren't you?" She wasn't.

"chewing gum and duct tape"