Author Topic: Thoughts for the day  (Read 1170039 times)

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Thoughts for the day
« Reply #430 on: November 29, 2007, 11:12:56 pm »
Here's their mascot:

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #431 on: November 30, 2007, 10:16:30 am »
Thanks all studs!!!

Not one of you studs was in my truck to sleep in the cold in my sleeping bag with moi, yes with me, unfortunately! Maybe one day? I did sleep twice in my truck but with one or two blankets, for only a few hours at a time as the frost awakes you! As I find my sleeping bag too cold, but it is OK if to top me. Yes, I did have my longjohns on too!

My trip was 3 days and nice with many good roads, except for my return last might which was dangerous in a snow storm. I am glad that I had my Dodge Ram truck and not an japanese car which could not advance!!
I was nearly going twice in the ditch because the road was so slippery! In Southern Ontario, some roads were OK at the begginning of my trip, but one was blocked! And coming back to Northern Ontario, the storm started again!

Be glad to travel with another gay guy, with you? Or you come to create a snowman? (With a jockstrap on?)

Hugs!

Artiste, you are wild! I see you have a problem causing the other, you need an expensive truch to travel in the bad weather, and that keep you from having money for a motel room!

Hugs!
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #432 on: November 30, 2007, 10:29:04 am »
Thanks Shakestheground!

You say this: Artiste, you are wild! I see you have a problem causing the other, you need an expensive truch to travel in the bad weather, and that keep you from having money for a motel room!

May I reply that I have a good truck even if it is a bit old! Yes, I sleep in it, in the cold. Why? I have no choice! Since my gay lover/chum/pal was murdered in the hospital by a muslim doctor because my pal was gay and not of his religion nor race, I have no place to stay when I go down south, since my pal's house was sold by his brother and sister!! Because the gay suana I stay in is now owned by another but in a different city, it now closes Sundays, Mondays and Tuesdays at one in the morning, kicking everyone out before that time even, instead of being opened 24 on 24 hours like it used to do! Would I go to a straight motel and get killed? No!

You want me to explain more?

Welcome...

hugs!

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #433 on: November 30, 2007, 11:22:43 am »
Dang, Artiste, I am sorry to hear about your lover being murdered.

Maybe Quebec is such a different country than the US, but I never think in terms of gay hotels or straight ones, I just get a room and see what is on TV.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• Love is a force of nature
« Reply #434 on: November 30, 2007, 11:50:18 am »
Oh no Artiste.  Your lover was murdered?  Thats just the worst thing.  You will be in my thoughts and prayers dear.  I hope you find a place to live soon..  Are there any other Brokies near you in Cananda?  Maybe you could get a hot shower and some home cooked food.  Oh you poor dear.

{{{{{Artiste}}}}

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #435 on: November 30, 2007, 02:28:49 pm »
Thanks Shakestheground!

You say this: Artiste, you are wild! I see you have a problem causing the other, you need an expensive truch to travel in the bad weather, and that keep you from having money for a motel room!

May I reply that I have a good truck even if it is a bit old! Yes, I sleep in it, in the cold. Why? I have no choice! Since my gay lover/chum/pal was murdered in the hospital by a muslim doctor because my pal was gay and not of his religion nor race, I have no place to stay when I go down south, since my pal's house was sold by his brother and sister!! Because the gay suana I stay in is now owned by another but in a different city, it now closes Sundays, Mondays and Tuesdays at one in the morning, kicking everyone out before that time even, instead of being opened 24 on 24 hours like it used to do! Would I go to a straight motel and get killed? No!

You want me to explain more?

Welcome...

hugs!

I'm sorry to hear about your partner Artiste, but I thought I should say - that I am a straight person. And I would never think about murdering you! Yes - they are bad people in every religion, in every country, in evry sexual orientation. But not everyone is bad. Why would you think living in a hotel run by 'straights' would kill you? And how do you know every hotel in the area you stay is run by straight people? And straight people that would murder you?

I think staying in a hotel or hostel is far safer than sleeping in your car.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Artiste

« Reply #436 on: November 30, 2007, 03:24:11 pm »
Thanks all!!

Yes, I do think that being in a straight hotel would increase strongly my chances of being murdered because I am a gay man! That is likely data!

As for not being able to live anymore in my former lover house, where I was in as I had my own bedroom there for many years, straights do kick you out when your lover dies! There are many cases like that, too much!

Two gay men lived for over 50 years together in their house, but when one died, his relatives kicked out his partner RIGHT AWAY on  the street!

Facts are facts.

Any other such real stories?

Hugs!

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #437 on: November 30, 2007, 03:35:08 pm »
Chuck, I can't believe you've never heard of Shoney's. I love Shoney's too. Like Richard was saying they are called different things in different places so maybe you were at one and didn't know it. Their breakfast buffet is good too!!! And their cheeseburgers!!! And their desserts!!!  :)
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! Hot Fudge Cake!!!!!!! ;D  ;D  ;D
I love the Breakfast Bar!! Specially if I had a few the night before!!
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #438 on: November 30, 2007, 04:00:06 pm »
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! Hot Fudge Cake!!!!!!! ;D  ;D  ;D

Lead me to it. ...  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #439 on: November 30, 2007, 04:25:01 pm »
Lead me to it. ...  ;D
Ask and ye shall recieve.....

"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"