Author Topic: Thoughts for the day  (Read 1195290 times)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Re: Thoughts for the day
« Reply #450 on: November 30, 2007, 10:01:18 pm »
Jeff, you are skinny. Really.  :)
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #451 on: November 30, 2007, 10:02:42 pm »
Okay, thought for the day: What if the Howells actually owned that island and had a way of getting on and off of it without Gilligan or the rest knowing about it. How else could they have all that stuff?

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #452 on: November 30, 2007, 11:25:43 pm »
Jeff, you are skinny. Really.  :)

Skinny I am not. Barely not overweight by government standards, but skinny I am not.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #453 on: November 30, 2007, 11:26:41 pm »
Okay, thought for the day: What if the Howells actually owned that island and had a way of getting on and off of it without Gilligan or the rest knowing about it. How else could they have all that stuff?

Ginger must have been in on it. How else could she have had all those different evening gowns?  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #454 on: December 01, 2007, 12:04:34 am »
Dang, Artiste, I am sorry to hear about your lover being murdered.

Maybe Quebec is such a different country than the US, but I never think in terms of gay hotels or straight ones, I just get a room and see what is on TV.

I never think of hotels as being gay or straight either. I don't guess I have ever stayed at a gay hotel. One of my things is staying at a nice hotel. For some reason I have always loved staying at hotels. I never really see anyone else at the hotel. I just go to the room, fix a good drink, watch TV, figure out what I am going to have for dinner, and things like that. Sometimes I might go to the hotel bar and have a drink. I could have moved into the hotel I stayed at in New York City. It was so nice having that wonderful room and being able to go out and walk around the city. When I would get tired of the crowd I would retreat to my room and have this wonderful view of the city. In that case I didn't hardly need TV cause of all I could see from the windows. And now I have reservations at that same hotel from the 20th of the month and checking out on Christmas Day. I'm not sure yet if I will keep those reservations, but I got such a good deal on them a couple of months ago that I had to grab them up. I'm just not sure if my family would be too happy about me taking off then  :( even though I would come back on Christmas day  :)

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #455 on: December 01, 2007, 09:38:49 am »
You should go, bring the family back some fancy chocolate and they'll be happy.  ;)

karen1129

« Reply #456 on: December 01, 2007, 10:33:04 am »
I never think of hotels as being gay or straight either. I don't guess I have ever stayed at a gay hotel. One of my things is staying at a nice hotel. For some reason I have always loved staying at hotels. I never really see anyone else at the hotel. I just go to the room, fix a good drink, watch TV, figure out what I am going to have for dinner, and things like that. Sometimes I might go to the hotel bar and have a drink. I could have moved into the hotel I stayed at in New York City. It was so nice having that wonderful room and being able to go out and walk around the city. When I would get tired of the crowd I would retreat to my room and have this wonderful view of the city. In that case I didn't hardly need TV cause of all I could see from the windows. And now I have reservations at that same hotel from the 20th of the month and checking out on Christmas Day. I'm not sure yet if I will keep those reservations, but I got such a good deal on them a couple of months ago that I had to grab them up. I'm just not sure if my family would be too happy about me taking off then  :( even though I would come back on Christmas day  :)

New York City is great like that Jack.  You can wander around the city by yourself, go to a boradway show, then walk back to your room when your tired.  Lots of sights to see there.  Places within walking distance to eat. Plus, I love to people watch !!! 

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #457 on: December 01, 2007, 01:16:20 pm »
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! Hot Fudge Cake!!!!!!! ;D  ;D  ;D
I love the Breakfast Bar!! Specially if I had a few the night before!!

I sure do agree with that Richard. The breakfast bar is the place to be if you have had a few the night before. There is still a couple of Shoney's around here, one out near the airport. Oh yeah, the Hot Fudge Cake  ;D

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #458 on: December 01, 2007, 01:19:00 pm »

I've never heard of a Schoney either.  Must be a Southern or so eastern phenom....

That logo is what used to be, called  Bobs Big Boys in Calif. Back in the day.

It's the same place Janice with a different name. For some reason they called them different things in different places. Do they not have Bobs Big Boy anymore?

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #459 on: December 01, 2007, 01:20:33 pm »

Well they did Truman :) They just didn't tell anyone but Ginger  ;)