Author Topic: Thoughts for the day  (Read 1199626 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Thoughts for the day
« Reply #610 on: December 12, 2007, 07:34:26 am »
Life is always a question of Love??

That depends on how you mean the question, Artiste.

There are matters that I have discovered that need attention, that love has no bearing on.

However, there are matters where love plays a definite role in.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #611 on: December 12, 2007, 08:36:46 am »
That is the thing with Artiste's questions, owing to the difference in language and the mode of translation, they come out a bit escew, a bit poetic, like an archer firing off a frisbee at a deer and hitting a watermellon insted.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Scott6373

« Reply #612 on: December 12, 2007, 08:58:48 am »
That is certainly an interesting question Artiste, one I will have to take inside my head for a while and study on. Certainly it seems that way. A life without love would be very bleak. A lot of our life is taken up with love, certainly in this generation and time. I am not sure about past times.

I think, and more to the point, a lot of our lives are taken up with our perceptions of love.  I think it was on Gary's thread that the discussion about politics in relationships took place.  I think it's the same with the whole concept of love.  Far too many people approach this very ethereal of human states from a "what's in it for me" perspective; from a position of power and dominance.  I don't happen to think that real love is quantifiable or qualifiable.  It simply is, and you take whatever gifts it brings into your life without asking "why can't it be more?" or "what will I get out of this?"

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #613 on: December 14, 2007, 10:45:44 am »
So my thought for the day is in responce to Artiste's question earlier,

Not always.... ;)

Offline Artiste

« Reply #614 on: December 15, 2007, 10:29:50 am »
Thanks very much Shakestheground, Scott, CellarDweller!!!

Devoir accompli? (Task of life accomplished?, might be those two words translated from French to English?). There is a force which drives one to live. Certainly for me. Is is Love? Is is that for you too? What OTHER forces associates with Love??

Life is always a question of Love? may I repeat that. Since, I feel that one can NOT live without [more]LOVE, LOVE BEING WHAT MOTIVATES US TO LIVE EVERYDAY[/move][/b]??

Hugs!!! Hugs!!! Hugs!!!

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #615 on: December 16, 2007, 09:18:05 am »
Well since you put it tha way, I would say from my experence it is not Love that motivates me, that is the driving force of my life. It is Joy. Love can certainly breing joy, but I have seen it and experenced it with out love at all.

And example is the story I told the other day on my ramblings thread about Sarah Carter and Coy Bayes. That story is like a stitch that binds me to reality, connects me with the eternal. It was their love, but it gave me joy to know they over came their obsticles.

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #616 on: December 16, 2007, 01:24:01 pm »
Tell you what, somebody oughta start a thread or a forum just for travel tips!  :D

That is a GREAT idea!!! It seems that many of us are learning a lot about travel and places. What is funny is that our gatherings have made many of us travel much more than we used to. Bettermost and the Brokies have helped the tourism industry. We should get our own discount rate for flights, hotels and the like for belonging to Bettermost  :)

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #617 on: December 16, 2007, 01:25:52 pm »
I tell ya what, git yer scrawny asses over there!  ;D

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,12419.0.html

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,11993.0.html

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,12394.0.html

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,1901.0.html

Thanks Kelda!!! And everybody please excuse me for being so behind on the thread. I had to confine myself to studying for awhile there so I am just now getting caught up  ;)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #618 on: December 16, 2007, 01:35:48 pm »
We should get our own discount rate for flights, hotels and the like for belonging to Bettermost  :)

Jack, we DO have discounts on rental cars through Enterprise...PM me if you want the details. And I am planning to work out a deal with Frontier Airlines for Roundup travel next year.

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #619 on: December 16, 2007, 01:46:50 pm »
Jack, we DO have discounts on rental cars through Enterprise...PM me if you want the details. And I am planning to work out a deal with Frontier Airlines for Roundup travel next year.

Really? I sure didn't know that. Unfortunately we don't have Frontier airlines here, but I was on one from Denver to Houston. It was a very nice plane. I liked the screen that showed you where the place was at as well as how fast you were flying and at what altitude. I couldn't hardly believe we were flying 500 and something miles per hour. I wish we got discounts for Continental and Northwest airlines. And while I am at it I will say I wish we also got discounts for Westin hotels. I love their hotels and their heavenly beds.