Author Topic: Thoughts for the day  (Read 1199726 times)

injest

Re: Thoughts for the day
« Reply #960 on: February 07, 2008, 08:10:03 pm »
Well, I guess I'm gonna get in trouble for making a personal attack.

Over on the "Heath ... Grieving" thread, I just pretty much told RossInIllinois to take his groundless and hurtful harping that Heath was a "drug abuser" and stick it where the sun don't shine. ...

ok. Come to chat so I can give you a spanking.....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #961 on: February 07, 2008, 09:42:28 pm »
Well you know Jeff I will stand with you on that. Even if he did abuse, he is dead now and speaking unkindly of the dead is no good. Hell, there but for the grace of whatever go I.  8)

Thanks, Friend. I have not personally seen any reliable evidence that Heath had a "habit," and that's what RossInIllinois is implying.

All it takes is one time with two many different medications mixed together. ...  :-\
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #962 on: February 07, 2008, 09:43:13 pm »
ok. Come to chat so I can give you a spanking.....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sorry, Jess, I don't get spanked by women. ...  ;D  :laugh:
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #963 on: February 07, 2008, 10:04:36 pm »
Well, I guess I'm gonna get in trouble for making a personal attack.

Over on the "Heath ... Grieving" thread, I just pretty much told RossInIllinois to take his groundless and hurtful harping that Heath was a "drug abuser" and stick it where the sun don't shine. ...
Good for you!!
I got yer back so if anything goes down.....
Look out!  ;D
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #964 on: February 07, 2008, 11:00:57 pm »
Good for you!!
I got yer back so if anything goes down.....
Look out!  ;D

T'anks, Pal!  ;D

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #965 on: February 07, 2008, 11:17:03 pm »

I think he has his own issues.  I also think he is as i am watching this whole grieving
turn odd in a way. i We have so many repetitive statements by the same people over and
over.  I think that every possible thing that can be said has been said already. 
           At this point it is restating the same things over and over and over.  It is getting
unhealthy in my opinion.
           All the me ssages of how we cant believe it.  We cant understand why he had so
many drugs in his possession.    Wherther or not he was a drug abuser.  Wherether or not
he was depressed.  Or simple fatigued and thus depressed.  All of that has been argued
repetitively.  ad nauseum.  We have to stand it.  we cant fix it.  So now its time to move
forward.  Or this place is going to get too depressing to be in.  I for one cant take it
much longer. 
          That coupled with some peoples insatiable desire to be right and have the last
word on every issue.  They wont listen to anything more than their own voices rattling
around inside their own head.   therefor the rest of us have to listen as well.  Unproductive
and self flagillating.  I am sick to death of it all.  To tell the truth.  I have appealed for
calm.  And it is not going to be allowed to happen.

Beautiful mind

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #966 on: February 07, 2008, 11:45:22 pm »

I think he has his own issues.

Well, I think you're right, Honey. And I think you're right about the rest of what you said, too. Buried safely here in this blog, I'll say plainly I was over Heath's death in about two days. I'm sorry he's dead, I feel for his little girl, but. ... Come on, people. ...

But however unhealthy this protracted carrying on is, it still struck me that RossInIllinois was being deliberately provocative of people who are hurting--even if it's an unhealthy hurting at this point. And that made me mad.  >:(

Maybe he just has issues become some of us felt his idea of sending condolences to Jake Gyllenhaal was inappropriate. Sour grapes, in other words.

injest

« Reply #967 on: February 08, 2008, 12:44:58 am »
I agree that some people are getting too fixated on the weeping and wailing....it is taking on a life of its own...

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #968 on: February 08, 2008, 10:11:39 am »
Who invented peanut butter?

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #969 on: February 08, 2008, 10:12:29 am »
Who invented peanut butter?

I think Booker T Washington.
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"