Author Topic: Favorite Songs of the Week  (Read 30568 times)

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Favorite Songs of the Week
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2009, 10:33:10 pm »
There have been two songs by Michael Jackson that I have particularly liked since his untimely passing. Here is the first one and is a song that I never really paid much attention to. Part of what brought my attention to it was that it was the rehearsal song for the tour that Michael never was to do. I think there is a lot of symbolism here too with the "prison" touch. We don't have to be in a "real prison" since we can always be in our own prison which is what happens to many people who don't quite fit in and all too often it is true that they really don't care about us. Here is "They Don't Care About Us" by Michael Jackson:

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="
&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2009, 10:40:48 pm »
This has always been one of my favorite songs by Michael Jackson. I'm not sure if it was as big of a hit as some of his others, but in my opinion is one of his very best. Here is "Human Nature" by Michael Jackson:

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="
&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2009, 10:55:13 pm »
For some reason I have been listening to a lot of John Lennon's music lately. Although I was even listening a lot before Michael Jackson's death I have been listening even more since then. There is nothing like John Lennon in my opinion. His views, his writing, his music all combine to create a truly incredible individual. It is very hard to pick a couple of songs since there are so many great songs by him. So here is one. "Imagine" by John Lennon. You have to click on the link to see this one.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2009, 11:15:13 pm »
I find it interesting that John Lennon was basically just pretty much a laid back, normal person who happened to become famous because of his huge talents. Apparently he pretty much adopted New York City as his home and walked around the city, rode his bike in Central Park, and just fit in with the common people. That fact about him reminds me a lot of the type of person Heath Ledger was who acted pretty much the same in New York City. I find this to be a very intersting parallel. Here is "Mind Games" by John Lennon. Again, you have to click on the link.

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2009, 06:07:56 am »
This has always been one of my favorite songs by Michael Jackson. I'm not sure if it was as big of a hit as some of his others, but in my opinion is one of his very best. Here is "Human Nature" by Michael Jackson:

Hiya Jack!

While not as well known or played as much as other singles from the "Thriller" album (perhaps because there was no official video),  "Human Nature" was a top 10 hit for Michael Jackson.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2009, 08:25:23 am »

Hiya Jack!

While not as well known or played as much as other singles from the "Thriller" album (perhaps because there was no official video),  "Human Nature" was a top 10 hit for Michael Jackson.

You're right Chuck. "Human Nature" did make a big hit, just as you say not as big as the others. I actually was surprised that there was not an official video though.