Author Topic: Hello!!  (Read 69943 times)

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Hello!!
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2007, 09:39:28 pm »
What?? What happened?

They threw you off Dave Cullen? Why for God's sakes?

Well, you're welcome to come post here any time you want! :D

Mostly I was carrying on about delusional older women who invest their heart and soul into Jake to the point they feel they know him and he wants THEM, sexually and as human beings. The guy doesn't know they exist and they write love letters. It's un healthy, very unhealthy!. It was geared to  a specific group, but they didn't get it.
It was supposed to be for a day but i still can't get on. Too much discontent over there, I feel quite badly for the unpaid, volunteer moderators who give their time and effort. We don't make it easy for them at times...
"I couldn't stand it no more so i fixed it"

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2007, 09:49:00 pm »
I don't know why you would want to carry on about THAT but, you are welcome to carry on here about anything you want! Since I didn't get to see you in NY FRiend, you owe me some time!! Looking forward to collecting!

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2007, 01:18:01 am »
I don't know why you would want to carry on about THAT but, you are welcome to carry on here about anything you want! Since I didn't get to see you in NY FRiend, you owe me some time!! Looking forward to collecting!

Collect away! Anytime!

And i will tell you why I carried on, in private, you won't believe it lol lol lol

injest

« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2007, 12:10:38 am »
HELLOOOOOO!!!

Just wanted to say Hi, now that the Cullenites banned me from their forum roflmao

This is turning into a very long one day suspension, I think they use the word 'one day' the way it was used in Genesis!!!!!

a million years lolol
I think they have more people banned than they have active members.... ::) ::) ::)

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2007, 01:20:27 pm »
Well it is lifted but I'm  thinking of  leaving anyway. The only thing holding me back is losing contact with so many people I like, people I know....

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2007, 02:33:12 pm »
Well it is lifted but I'm  thinking of  leaving anyway. The only thing holding me back is losing contact with so many people I like, people I know....

Tell you what, I signed up at DCF to stay in touch with new friends I'd made at the Barbecue and Road Trip. However, now all of the folks I wanted to stay in touch with are also over here at Bettermost, or else I'm in direct (off-board) contact with them. These days I check in over there once a day, have a look at the "Society Accepting" and "Gay and Christian" threads, and that's about it. The long and short of it is that I really don't feel that I need DCF.

If they're losing people over there, I wonder how much or how little it has to do with their moderation policy? I got kinda disillusioned over there myself after a certain someone--whose posts sometimes did piss me off but made me think--left, and then the moderators refused to allow the rest of us to kind of discuss the reasons he left.

As for your rant about the delusional older women, well, sometimes speaking truth to power comes with a price.  ::)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2007, 04:07:53 pm »
I saw it Jack and I responded to it. Did you see it over there?

Yes, thanks David. I knew I could count on you  :)

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2007, 04:21:16 pm »
Wow, Jack, you really got banned from DC? I guess I could have seen that coming actually cause you speak your mind. They don't like people like that over there. I knew I was probably getting close to getting banned too, but I just quit posting or looking on there before they had a chance to. I'm sure they were relieved. I felt no closeness with that place and like others of you have said the only reason I was there was to keep in touch with the people who I had met from there at the BBQ and SF. But, like Jeff says, most people are over here now anyway that I know the best. Others I keep in contact with privately. There is this air over there that makes everybody want to argue or something. I felt it right away when joining. I sure don't want to spend my time arguing with anyone and I respect everyone's right to have thoughts and opinions. Those are the type things that can actually lead to understanding. Anyway, I am glad you are here Jack. Stay here please. The feel of Bettermost is right and is sure the place I want to spend my time.

Jack

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2007, 04:31:14 pm »

I will agree with every one here Jack and just say you can sit on our porch, and come in the house. Any
time even if you are opposing the popular opinion...I do.  So far I havent been kicked off,...although I have
thought a couple of times I might be...I tend to be the only one on my side of an issue many times...It seems.. ::)
        I like playing the devils advocate myself....makes people think about why they think the way they do.

Beautiful mind

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2007, 04:36:21 pm »
Seems to me that when people leave "over there," generally they leave in a huff. When people leave here, generally they have just moved on with their lives. That's an oversimplification, of course.

It seems more clique-ish "over there," too.

Also, I really don't care for the more aggressive philosophy of moderating "over there."

Now I guess I better shut up about "over there." I'm not afraid of being banned here  ;D but I guess this really shouldn't be about criticizing a sister forum.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.