Author Topic: The Confessions of a Gay Altar Boy  (Read 30450 times)

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
Re: The Confessions of a Gay Altar Boy
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2007, 03:16:38 pm »
Something tells me two things:

1.  Neither Paul or David are that kind of guy

2.  David is gonna be pissed when he sees  what we have done here

David clearly said a few hundred pages ago in his blog, "I ain't that innocent." 

I take the fifth.

Sorry, David, for messing up your serious  sub-blog.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2007, 03:38:25 pm »
David clearly said a few hundred pages ago in his blog, "I ain't that innocent." 

I take the fifth.

Sorry, David, for messing up your serious  sub-blog.

It'll be all right, I'm sure. David knows I think he's cute as a button. I just hope there aren't any horror stories or sad stories.  :(  :-\
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

injest

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2007, 06:50:32 pm »
but if there are we will all stand behind him and give him lots of these: {{{}}}}

and a bunch of these:  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Heck! I say we give him a bunch of those even if they are all happy stories!

(and David NEVER gets really really mad at anyone - too much)

David, you have us all ears! please come tell us.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2007, 02:48:17 am »
For those of you who are religious, you may find what I'm about to say extremely offensive.

Continue reading at your own peril....

You've been warned!!

All of the following stories are completely true. Well, they are completely true to the best of my memory.

The bells of Saint Matthew ring loud and proud. It's 9:50 AM. The "Call To Mass" as they referred to it. Everyone knows what time Mass starts. 10:00 AM. For GOD SAKES, what's up with those damn bells? Nobody DARES to walk into Mass late. If you can't make it on time, it's better not to show up at all. That's what I always said. I remember once a family walked into Mass during the Kyrie, and the priest halted right there and then, stared at the offending family (along with the entire congregation) and shamed said family in front of God, all of Heaven and all of creation too.

That family was MY family. And we never did it again. Nobody did.

So, now you know why the need for these bells are, well, needless! But they rang them anyway. Two entire towers full of them...16 in total. All ringing at once. I love church bells at Christmas time, but the rest of the year.... FORGET IT!!

Back in Catholic School, we had to go up there into those towers and clean the cob webs off the bell mechanisms. Child Labor if you ask me. And of course, they always forgot to turn the damn things off while we were up there. The bells were set to chime once an hour during daylight hours and 10 minutes before and after each Mass. Covering your hands over your ears was only marginally helpful. The sound travelled straight through them. I think the priests and the nuns had a good laugh at our expense. I could just picture them down there laughing. Yeah. ha ha. Real funny. Now I think I know why I'm so hard of hearing. In my left ear especially.

Say what, ya'll??  ;)

More later.....

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2007, 03:14:09 am »
Serving Mass

I couldn't believe it when the church approached me to be an altar boy. Me?? Well, alrighty then!

Hell yes, I went for it. What gay Catholic boy wouldn't? It was my one chance to put on a dress (they called them vestments, but I say tomato, you say tomahto) stand in front of a bunch of religious rights and get away with it! Drag honey! That's right! It was the Catholic church who taught me all about drag. But I digress.

Communion was fun too. Hunks. Lots and lots of gorgeous handsome hunks. All those guys I went to school with. And there they were, KNEELING in front of me, eyes closed, tongues hanging out, as I pressed a gold plate to their necks. I damn near passed out from all the heat.

They finally got airconditioning two years after I stopped serving at Mass. Not that it mattered much. I watched an altar boy pass out during communion even after airconditioning was installed in the church. I'll bet you dollars to donuts he was gay. Poor guy. We Catholics have funny ways of outing the gay members in our congregation.  :-\

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2007, 04:06:37 am »
The Crucifix

How many of you Catholics out there remember the good ol' crucifix? Mom hung one over the head of my bed. Okay, that's all well and good if you are STRAIGHT! But hang one over the bed of a gay teenager? Honey!!

MASTERBATION IS A SIN!!! That's what they told us! You don't hang the gorgeous body of a muscular man in a loin cloth over the head of a gay teenager's bed and then tell him he "can't touch it".

It's no wonder I learned to sleep in the fetal position.   >:(  :P

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2007, 04:26:11 am »
...You don't hang the gorgeous body of a muscular man in a loin cloth over the head of a gay teenager's bed and then tell him he "can't touch it".

I'm sorry, David - this is funny in that ironic, sick, twisted way.  Laughing my heart out!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ahem..please continue.
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2007, 04:42:25 am »
I'm sorry, David - this is funny in that ironic, sick, twisted way.  Laughing my heart out!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ahem..please continue.

Should I? I'm scared I'll drag ya'll straight to Hell with me if I continue!  ;)  :D

Okay. I'll continue Lynne! (If you insist) But I'll do it tomorrow, okay?  :)

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2007, 04:44:30 am »
Should I? I'm scared I'll drag ya'll straight to Hell with me if I continue!  ;)  :D

Okay. I'll continue Lynne! (If you insist) But I'll do it tomorrow, okay?  :)

That'll be plenty soon enough.  And to paraphrase Lila in Latter Days, heaven would be boring without you anyway, so no worries on my behalf.  ;)

Edit to add:  "If we're going to hell, we may as well take the scenic route."  ;) :D
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2007, 06:50:23 am »

What is it that Groucho Marx used to say..."I would never want to be a member of any club, that would have
me as a member?"  You are tops with me boy, and anywhere you go, I will be glad and priviledged to go too.

Beautiful mind