Author Topic: The Confessions of a Gay Altar Boy  (Read 30452 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: The Confessions of a Gay Altar Boy
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2007, 09:34:50 pm »
Not unlike the Pita Bread we've been getting.  It comes complete with a perforation down the middle like a zipper so when the priest holds it up it splits perfectly in two.

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2007, 11:43:25 pm »
Confession

We Catholics are a strange and overly scrupulous bunch of people. We claim to believe in a loving and merciful God, and yet we feel compelled to run to Confession every time we think we may have committed even the slightest of sins. Faster than crap through a goose, we're down at the church telling someone else what we think we just did. I've seen it happen over and over again.

My Mother was like this. If she even suspected I was thinking an impure thought, she'd grab me by my ear, toss me in her car and drive my ass down to the church. Pronto. Mom used to tell me to bring along my bed, because I'll probably be back there again tomorrow. Might as well spend the night in there. Most of the time she was right. I was back the next day, but often times I didn't know why.

Many non Catholics don't understand how scary Confession can be for a teenager. The Confessional is about the size of a telephone booth. Inside is a kneeler, a crucifix and a grate in the wall for the priest to speak through. It was hot and dark. Pitch black - like kneeling inside an upended coffin with the lid closed. Most of the time we'd enter the Confessional, close the door and wait for a couple of minutes in total pitch blackness and silence until the priest suddenly slid the grate open, allowing a small amount of light to penetrate the tiny room........

Bless me Father for I have sinned. It's been.......it's been.... um.... one day since my last Confession.

David? Is that you again?

Umm. I guess so Father.

What did you do this time?

Well, I'm not sure. I was standing there talking to my Mother, and I think I might have glanced down towards my waist. Now I'm in here.

You glanced down towards your waist?

Yes Father.

Did you have any impure thoughts while you were glancing at your waist?

NO Father!

Did you touch yourself in an impure manner as you were glancing towards your waist?

NO Father! I was talking to my Mother!

So, do you confess that you might have had some impure thoughts, or touched yourself in an impure manner had your Mother not been standing there?

No Father.

Do you have anything else to confess?

No Father. I don't think so.

Say an act of contrition.

O my God, I am heartily sorry for having offended Thee, and I detest all my sins because not only do I dread the loss of Heaven and the pains of Hell, but most of all because they offend Thee, my God, Who art all good and deserving of all my love. I firmly resolve, with the help of Thy grace, to sin no more and to avoid the near occasions of sin.

By authority of our Lord Jesus Christ and Holy Mother Church, I absolve you of your sins in the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit. For your penance I want you to say 15 Our Fathers, 15 Hail Marys and 3 rosaries. Oh, and David?

Yes Father?

Before you come back to Confession tomorrow, have your Mother call the Church ahead of time. I'm getting tired of missing my I Love Lucy episodes because of this. Okay?

???  ???  ???

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2007, 09:09:48 am »
David, you got some 'splainin' to do.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2007, 09:16:42 am »

Whole wheat pita bread, jeese..I thought it was supposed to be unleavened wheat flour....?

Shows how long since i have been to communion.          :-\

Actually, after I laughed about this yesterday, I got to thinking, if that whole-wheat pita happens to be unleavened, it's probably closer to what Jesus actually used at the Last Supper than just about anything else available.  :-\ I mean, pita bread is Middle Eastern, after all.

I still think the perforation is funny, though.  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2007, 11:41:00 am »
A Catholic Goes to Confession

In a small cathedral a janitor was cleaning the pews between services when he was approached by the minister. The minister asked the janitor, "Could you go  into the confessional and listen to confessions for me? I really have to go to the bathroom and the Widow McGee is coming. She tends to go on and on but never really does anything worthy of serious repentance, so when she's done just give her 10 Hail Mary's and I'll be right back."

Being the helpful sort, the janitor agreed. Just as expected the Widow McGee came into the booth and started her confession.  "Oh Father, I have truly sinned, I have given into carnal thoughts and have had oral sex."

Stunned, the janitor had no idea how to handle this situation.  Surely 10 Hail Mary's would not do. So, in a moment of desperation the janitor peered his head out of the confessional and asked an altar boy, "Son, what does the minister give for oral sex?"

The altar boy said, "a Snickers bar and a Coke."

:o :-X :laugh:
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2007, 01:04:39 am »
I was raised Catholic and I always wondered how many veneal sins would equal one mortal sin.

TampaTalon ^">

I don't think it really works that way!  ;)

They always told us not to go to Communion if we had committed a mortal sin (breaking one of the 10 Commandments). Lesser sins (venial) would be forgiven when we took Communion. It never did make a whole lot of sense to me, but that's what they always told us.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2007, 01:06:05 am »
David, you got some 'splainin' to do.

That's probably true!  :D

But there's some things I'll never 'splain. At least not on the Internet!  ;)

mvansand76

« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2007, 09:40:22 am »
A Catholic Goes to Confession

In a small cathedral a janitor was cleaning the pews between services when he was approached by the minister. The minister asked the janitor, "Could you go  into the confessional and listen to confessions for me? I really have to go to the bathroom and the Widow McGee is coming. She tends to go on and on but never really does anything worthy of serious repentance, so when she's done just give her 10 Hail Mary's and I'll be right back."

Being the helpful sort, the janitor agreed. Just as expected the Widow McGee came into the booth and started her confession.  "Oh Father, I have truly sinned, I have given into carnal thoughts and have had oral sex."

Stunned, the janitor had no idea how to handle this situation.  Surely 10 Hail Mary's would not do. So, in a moment of desperation the janitor peered his head out of the confessional and asked an altar boy, "Son, what does the minister give for oral sex?"

The altar boy said, "a Snickers bar and a Coke."

Wow that is not funny at all! What with all the child abuse that is going on in the Catholic church right now.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2007, 09:25:29 am »

David, did you ever serve on the altar for Benediction? I loved Benediction 'cause I got to be in charge of the incense!  ;D  I'd really pile the incense on big-time and swing that thurible high when the priest lifted the ornate, gilt monstrance in blessing. Benediction was very popular with the seniors and they really enjoyed belted out "Nearer My God to Thee" at Benediction. I used to serve at Benediction every Wednesday and Friday evening. I believe the Second Vatican Council put an end to it. Shame, because it was a beautiful old ceremony, very colourful, and gave a great deal of comfort to the older parishioners, approaching the end of their lives.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2007, 02:35:24 am »
David, did you ever serve on the altar for Benediction? I loved Benediction 'cause I got to be in charge of the incense!  ;D  I'd really pile the incense on big-time and swing that thurible high when the priest lifted the ornate, gilt monstrance in blessing. Benediction was very popular with the seniors and they really enjoyed belted out "Nearer My God to Thee" at Benediction. I used to serve at Benediction every Wednesday and Friday evening. I believe the Second Vatican Council put an end to it. Shame, because it was a beautiful old ceremony, very colourful, and gave a great deal of comfort to the older parishioners, approaching the end of their lives.

Same thing here too Kerry! Yes, V2 put an end to it, but here in the US, individual churches were allowed to continue observing it if they wanted to. At my church, we only had Benediction on high holy days, and yes I did get to swing the thurible. We used (and still use) incense at Mass, not only on high holy days, but also during funerals and weddings. But I'm too old to be an altar boy now!  ;)