Author Topic: How Do You Feel About Circumcision?  (Read 42774 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: How Do You Feel About Circumcision?
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2007, 10:37:45 pm »
Why do you say that? It implies that uncircumsized men are less hygienic, or that keeping an uncirc-ed penis clean is much more difficult. Frankly, I don't think that's true, based on my experience with my son. We taught him what to do when he was little (just like we taught him how to blow his nose and wipe his ass). When he got older, his (male) pediatrician reinforced the teaching...and conveyed to me that my son was doing what he needed to do. No big deal....

This cleanliness issue is one of the "circumcision YES!" myths, IMHO.

L

Sure enough, but I'm guessing not all parents and not all pediatricians are as diligent about this as you were. Not everyone is fortunate enough to have a nurse for a mother.  ;)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2007, 10:57:09 pm »
yeah but it isn't like cleaning a Swiss watch!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2007, 12:34:13 am »
Why do you say that? It implies that uncircumsized men are less hygienic, or that keeping an uncirc-ed penis clean is much more difficult . . .

This cleanliness issue is one of the "circumcision YES!" myths, IMHO.

Jesus, no need to jump on my case. I was just ASKING.

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2007, 03:11:59 am »
Odor aside...wouldn't it become inflammed and painful over time if all that sweat
and smegma built up under there. 

How hard can it be to push back the foreskin in the shower or tub and lather
that bad boy up...I mean come on  :laugh:  I suppose we could draw diagrams for
the hygenically challenged..it could be a public service, free of charge  ::)
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #64 on: October 29, 2007, 03:22:17 am »
Oy vey!!  :P

This is making me sick.  :laugh:  :laugh:

I can't believe Jess is participating in this discussion!  :laugh:
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #65 on: October 29, 2007, 06:26:10 am »
smegma

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #66 on: October 29, 2007, 06:58:17 am »
Jesus, no need to jump on my case. I was just ASKING.

Sorry, I didn't mean to "jump on your case." Please accept my apologies if I came on too strong.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Dagi

« Reply #67 on: October 29, 2007, 08:27:42 am »
Where I live circumcision is not common, so there's no need for a mother to think about whether she should have her sons circumcised or not, if there are no religious reasons that is.

I once saw a circumcision, had to assist holding the poor little baby. It was done  in the hospital I was working back then, and they did it according to medical standards, but without any anesthetics or painkillers. The baby screamed and cried afterwards, and I was quite mad at the doctor and yelled at him he should stop pretending it doesn't hurt, it was so obvious the boy was in pain, and how could he not be. How is it done in countries where it's common to circumcise?

My boys are not circumcised, although for one of them it's still not possible to retract the foreskin. He hasn't had any infections (whereas the other one already had an infection!), and there's literally nothing building up underneath it. And if a guy isn't hygienic, it's tasty in a bad sense anyway, circumcised or not, isn't ? :P

So, I don't see any reasons to circumcise. It should be left to the parents, and they should think thouroughly about their reason if the find one.

Dagi

« Reply #68 on: October 29, 2007, 08:49:28 am »
You didn't mention how young the boys were, but the one who can't retract his foreskin yet will need to eventually.     Otherwise you'll hear him scream when he gets his first erection.       When flacid, it should be possible to retract for warshing.

He´s four and a half years old, and he does quite often have erections, and still the whole glans is covered with foreskin.It´s not painful for him.

moremojo

« Reply #69 on: October 29, 2007, 11:05:31 am »
Smegma has been brought up here, and, while admitting that I've had no experience with that (in a sexual context or otherwise), I have read accounts of some men finding it erotic on their partners. The late Boyd McDonald's Straight to Hell chapbooks have many references to guys getting turned on by smegma (or "cheese", as many of them fondly referred to it). So just keep in mind...different strokes for different folks.