Author Topic: How often do you think about Brokeback Mountain?  (Read 21398 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: How often do you think about Brokeback Mountain?
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2006, 11:13:08 pm »
Often. Daily. Always. I find it hard to watch the movie all the way through so don't know how many times I've actually watched the whole thing. I've read the story, screenplay & the essays by the writers. David, I can play the movie in my head, too. I get the pictures AND the sound in my head which is pretty nice but mainly it's just scenes, not the whole movie. Even though I'm a visual person, the dialogue pops up more often than the pictures.

I am the other way around. The pictures pop into my mind more than the dialogue. Although I do have the entire movie memorized word for word.   :D

Almost constantly for me.  I still think of Brokeback all damn day and even wake up in the middle of the night thinking about our boys! ::)

Littlewing... I've said it before and I'll say it again: I sure am glad I'm not the only one who thinks about the boys nearly all the time.   :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline JT

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2006, 02:42:52 pm »
I think about this movie on and off through out the day, but there are always things that triggers it.  Here is a small list of the things that triggers my thoughts:  cowboys, mountains, streams, horses, blue demin shirts, boots, ranches and barns, beans, fishing equipments, tents, trucks, camp fire, sheeps and cattles, the name "Jack", trailers, any of the actors faces or names.....I can give a whole page.

Offline adrian

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2006, 03:02:20 pm »

I thought that by seeing the movie so many times I would grow weary of it.....it hasn't happened.  I think of it everyday.   I think the bus stop poster in my livingroom has something to do with that!

There were only two of them on the mountain flying in the euphoric, bitter air, looking down on the hawks back and crawling lights of vehicles on the plain below....they believed themselves invisible.   A. Proulx

Offline JT

« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2006, 12:00:34 am »
I've always wanted a poster of BBM.  Anyone know where to get one?  I got posters of my other favorite movies (Star Wars and Lord of the Rings).

Offline Rayn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I'm also on FaceBook under Rayn Roberts
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2006, 11:51:11 am »
I've always wanted a poster of BBM.  Anyone know where to get one? 

JT, sometimes the movie theaters have them.  If you google the idea, maybe you'd come up with one online somewhere.  Try that.  Good luck.

Rayn

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2006, 02:09:14 pm »
JT, sometimes the movie theaters have them.  If you google the idea, maybe you'd come up with one online somewhere.  Try that.  Good luck.

Rayn

JT, Rayn has some excellent ideas. May I expand on Rayns suggestions?

You might also try Ebay. As you probably know, you can find nearly anything on ebay and other auction sites. Sometimes video stores will sell movie posters too. Occassionally I have seen some of our local Blockbusters here in Indianapolis selling movie posters (normally the posters are new and they are rolled up and placed in a box somewhere in the store). Even stores like Walmart, Target and Meijer's will sell movie posters from time to time. They often will mix movie posters in with the other posters. Normally the posters are located in or near the area where they sell their greeting cards and stationary.

You might also find various movie posters in novelty gift shops. Spencer's (a popular gift store here in Indy) often sells many different kinds of posters, and occasionally they will sell posters of popular movies  (I remember seeing the Titanic poster for sale at Spencer's). Most shopping malls have a Spencer's Gifts located in them.

Have you taken a look at amazon.com?  I'm not sure, but you might have some luck there too!  :)

Also, the Universal website might have the poster available for purchase.

If I have any other ideas, I will let you know.   :D
« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 02:15:44 pm by David925 »

Offline JT

« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2006, 12:33:52 am »
Good suggestions, folks!  I'll look around.  One thing for sure, the wal-marts in Las Vegas do not carry BBM posters. 

mvansand76

« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2006, 08:38:59 am »
Some days more than others... ::)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2006, 04:05:58 am »
Some days more than others... ::)

Well Melissa, you need to pop that DVD back in the machine and watch it again. You're quickly becoming "desensitized", honey.

We mustn't let this happen to you! Pop in the DVD and watch it right now!  :)

There will be a quiz about it tomorrow.  ;)

Offline JT

« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2006, 12:24:04 pm »
I seen to think about it everyday, but somedays more that others also.  Can never get our boys off my mind either.  I don't think there will ever be a day when I don't think about BBM and our boys.  They are permanently engraved in my mind.

So what are the questions, David?  LOL