Author Topic: Indianapolis Colts  (Read 31844 times)

Offline Longhorn32

• Jr. Ranch Hand
Re: Indianapolis Colts
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2007, 02:12:32 pm »
yes. Boo Tom Brady. Yay Peyton Manning. As one of the Colts said, "We'll see them again."
...it is life, more than death, that is without limits.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2007, 08:11:45 pm »
Yes, Peyton Manning is a nice guy. I've never met him, but I know some people who have. He is genuinely friendly and he has done A LOT for the city of Indianapolis. He's always participating in community activities and charitable events. I think he truly cares about other people very much. :D

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2007, 09:28:36 pm »
The article in our local news about the game made mention of all Peyton's charitable work.  It says he visits a lot of the schools every year too, talks to the kids about the importance of education and avoiding drugs and such.  They also talked about how freaking intelligent he is.  He has a VERY high IQ... no dumb jock here.
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2007, 01:23:55 am »
From the WISH TV News 8 website:

CBS Takes Responsibility For Audio Incident During Colts-Pats Game

INDIANAPOLIS - The Patriots are calling foul against the Colts one day after defeating the blue and white at the RCA Dome. But CBS, the network that broadcast the game, is taking responsibility for the audio incident in question.

The Patriots claimed the Colts were blasting artificial crowd noise through the dome speakers during the game, which is against NFL rules. New England says during Sunday's game you could hear a skip that proves the crowd noise wasn't real.

The play in question occurs when New England has the ball for the first play of the 4th quarter. But if you watch the play from the 24-Hour News 8 cameras rolling at the same time the problem isn't there. And if you listened on the Colts radio broadcast it wasn't there either.

The Colts would not talk about the allegations on camera.

Instead they issued this statement: "CBS has informed us that the unusual audio moment heard by fans during the Patriots-Colts game was the result of tape feedback in the CBS production truck and was isolated to the CBS broadcast. It was in no way related to any sound within the stadium and could not be heard in the stadium."

The Colts go on to say, "We trust this will put an end to the ridiculous and unfounded accusations that the Colts artificially enhanced crowd noise at the RCA Dome in any way."

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2007, 02:20:46 am »
Well the Pat's have got to do something to draw attention away for the fact that they got caught pulling their electronic hyjinx last month.  Shifting the attention is an old bait and switch gambit.  Just one more classless act in a lengthening string of them.
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2007, 09:41:52 am »
Well the Pat's have got to do something to draw attention away for the fact that they got caught pulling their electronic hyjinx last month.  Shifting the attention is an old bait and switch gambit.  Just one more classless act in a lengthening string of them.

Geez, they won the effen game. I've heard of bein' a sore loser, but a sore winner?
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2007, 04:35:12 pm »
Sorry the Colts lost David. I was pulling for them.

Jack

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2007, 09:07:18 pm »
Sorry the Colts lost David. I was pulling for them.

Jack

Aww thank you Jack! We appreciate it! Maybe next time, huh? :)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2007, 04:08:06 am »
Indianapolis plays the Chargers this Sunday in San Diego. Indianapolis is favored by three points. Somehow I don't think so. The game will be played on San Diego turf, and I really do think the Chargers learned their lesson last week against Minnesota. I don't think they will let this happen again. I think Indianapolis will lose this game.

San Diego wins 24-21. I think this will be the final score.  :P

And Indianapolis will be 7-2 for the season so far.  >:(

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2007, 02:33:29 pm »
I think I am falling in love with Peyton Manning.  :(  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.