Author Topic: Indianapolis Colts  (Read 31840 times)

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
Re: Indianapolis Colts
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2007, 07:44:11 pm »
I think I am falling in love with Peyton Manning.  :(  ;D

I've been enamoured with Peyton for a few years now  ::) whenever one his commercials comes on Bob yells "Honey your boyfriends on TV! "
 :laugh:

This game with the Chargers is going to kill me, my loyalities are so divided ::sigh::
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2007, 07:56:18 pm »
I've been enamoured with Peyton for a few years now  ::) whenever one his commercials comes on Bob yells "Honey your boyfriends on TV! "
 :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2007, 08:28:31 pm »
I think I am falling in love with Peyton Manning.  :(  ;D

Peyton is very sweet and lovable Jeff. No doubt about it! :)

This game with the Chargers is going to kill me, my loyalities are so divided ::sigh::

Dottie, I must admit since I've known you I've been paying much more attention to the Chargers, and I've become quite a fan. So, like you, I'm feeling a bit divided about this game. If I HAD to choose, I would pick Indianapolis I guess, but I think this will be one of those games where I will be happy no matter who wins, because I like both teams so much. :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2007, 01:25:53 am »
Well, we lost again.

Way to go IndianapolASS. They played like a bunch of blithering assholes.  >:(

Stupid idiots. They deserved to lose. At least the loss was against San Diego. I like the Chargers, so I'm not TOO upset about this. It could have been a lot worse I guess.

Final score: San Diego Chargers 23  Indianapolass Dolts 21

Offline dot-matrix

• www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2007, 02:05:19 am »
Well it was a difficult game.  They had to deal with a heavy steady rain for the whole game.  Peyton broke his own interception record  :-\ 6 turn overs!  5 in the first half alone.  That hurt and they sacked him half dozen times.   But you have to admit it was exciting in the second half,  Indie almost took it back and would have if Adam Vinatieri hadn't missed the easiest 29 yard field goal of his career.  The Chargers led 23-7 going into the fourth quarter even though their offense was as waterlogged as the field.  Had Vinatieri's kick gone through, it would have been the 29th time that Manning rallied the Colts from either a fourth-quarter deficit or tie to win.

All said I'm glad my Chargers held on and won but Peyton was amazing considering what he had to work with, his offensive line was comprized almost entirely of second string players and rookies.  At least Peyton completed 34 of a career-high 56 attempts for 328 yards. Philip Rivers  on the other hand was HORRIBLE, going 13-of-24 for 104 yards and no touchdowns, with two pickoffs. Thank god for specials teams or Peyton and the Colts would have stopped San Diego into the mud at the Murph.

But you know what, when it was all over there were some sad smiles and pats on the back on the field from both sides.  No sore losers here and no gloating victors either, just a bunch of really classy guys bringing a little honor back to the game.  Just my 2 cents

Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2008, 01:46:48 am »
It's all over for us! At least for this year. San Diego clobbered the crap out of us last Sunday... in our own house!!

And to top it off, Sunday's game was the very last to be played in our beloved RCA Dome. Next year Indianapolis will christen a new stadium - "Lucas Oil".

Congratulations San Diego! I will be rooting for the Chargers next week when they play New England... I THINK they will be playing New England. And Lord knows they will need all the cheering they can get. New England is very good. Too good in fact.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2008, 04:11:15 am »
They are pissing it away, fast and quick.....

From the IndyStar.com:

Now or never for the Colts

It's unfamiliar ground for these Colts. Not even halfway into the season, they face a three-game stretch that could virtually end their playoff hopes. Experts say a turnaround won't be easy.

At 3-3 and facing a game at undefeated Tennessee on ESPN's "Monday Night Football," followed by New England and Pittsburgh, the Indianapolis Colts are a team on the precipice. Lose Monday, and coach Tony Dungy said the Colts' hopes of a sixth consecutive AFC South title vanish.

His players have heard him.

"We've just got to win. That's a given," cornerback Marlin Jackson said. "We've got to win this game. It's just plain and simple."

The Colts are up against it. Lose Monday, and they're 3-4. They would need a 7-2 finish to reach 10-6, a nice number but nothing more.

"Going 10-6 doesn't guarantee a playoff spot," linebacker Gary Brackett offered. "The only thing that can guarantee us a playoff spot is winning our division."

Since divisional realignment and the current playoff system were adopted in 2002, only two AFC teams have made the playoffs with 9-7 records: Cleveland in 2002 and Kansas City in 2006. Three have gone 10-6 and been left home: Miami in 2003, Kansas City in 2005 and Cleveland last season.

Tennessee (6-0) is playing the NFL's best football. New England (4-2) visits Lucas Oil Stadium the following Sunday. There's a trip to Pittsburgh (5-1) the week after, and the Colts have yet to beat a team with a winning record.

"We're 3-3," Dungy said. "We're a team that wins one, loses one, plays well part of the time, not well part of the time.

"We have the makings of a good team. We have enough individual components to be very good, but right now we're not clicking on all cylinders."

It's early, but time for sputtering has grown short.

The Colts have been musing on their inconsistencies and potential remedies for seven weeks. Time for an informed outside perspective. Phil Simms, CBS television's lead NFL analyst, covered the Colts' last two games, vs. Baltimore and at Green Bay, which showed the team at its best and worst this season. ESPN's Ron Jaworski has the Colts next week, on "Monday Night Football," and has reviewed tape of all of their games.

Some of their observations:

Simms said it takes a very good team to win three or four consecutive games. The Colts have won six or more in succession five times over the past four seasons. Their longest streak this year is two. It's not reasonable, said both analysts, to expect dominance season after season.

Simms: "You've designed a way to run the franchise and the team and it works unbelievable well. Some day it's going to change. Don't we all know that? It hasn't rained in 100 days. Well some day it's going to rain. I don't know when, but by God, some day it's going to rain.

"I think what maybe caught me off guard in Green Bay were the penalties. The penalties were alarming and maybe the biggest thing was the Packers, to my eye, looked faster. That's what would worry me if I was a Colts fan."

Jaworski: "I'm not surprised. They've played at such a high level for such a long time. There always is an ebb and a flow for an organization over a period of time."

Undefeated Tennessee will be playing its first Monday night game in four years, against the team toward whom it has been pointing all season. Tough game. Tough situation. The Colts' season could cave in.

Jaworski: "I think this is almost their season. Monday night is huge. I know it's early in the season and we sometimes put too much importance on games in the middle of the season, but I think when a team is really searching for their identity, which the Colts are right now, they've really got to get a win.

"They go to 3-4 and Tennessee jumps out by four games and the tiebreaker, you don't even think about division anymore. You're thinking about, 'Man, how do we squeeze into the playoffs and be playing well at the end?' "

Simms: "The Colts are on the road for the second week. Tennessee played probably a pretty unemotional game in Baltimore, week off, then Kansas City, where they didn't spend a lot of emotion, either. Now they've got Monday night. That whole bag's full and it's all coming out."

Jaworski holds that injuries to Pro Bowl center Jeff Saturday, left tackle Tony Ugoh, left guard Ryan Lilja and swingman Dan Federkeil and the need to go with rookies Jamey Richard and Mike Pollak as starters has disrupted more than the efficiency of the offensive line. It has affected the entire offense, the entire team.

Jaworski: "The one thing their offense has been devoid of this year is the play-action big play. (Quarterback) Peyton Manning, who's going to go down as one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time, I'm seeing the cumulative effect of all the hits he's been taking. He's always played at a little frenetical pace, but I see him getting rid of the ball a little bit quicker, maybe not as patient waiting for it to happen downfield.

"The big plays are there, but the time isn't there to get the ball down the field because when you're throwing post patterns and deep crosses, you're going to need 3-plus seconds. He's not getting that type of time."

The scarcity of big plays has contributed to the Colts' 21.3 scoring average, more than a touchdown off any of the past five years. The way the Colts are constructed, Jaworski said, requires the Colts defense to play from ahead.

Jaworski: "It's always been that way. The Super Bowl year, down the stretch, the defense really played well and in the playoffs was absolutely fantastic, but this is a defense that needs points at their back. They need to play with the lead."

Simms knows that in terms of the AFC South, in terms of securing a playoff spot, it's late. But the Colts have played only six games, he stressed. It's too early to say where the season, much less the franchise, is headed. One thing that doesn't concern him is the notion that, in his seventh season, coach Tony Dungy has lost his team, that his players have quit hearing him.

Simms: "That never crossed my mind. I think there's a big enough turnover with the team and I look at the stars, Peyton Manning, Dwight Freeney, Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne and Bob Sanders, I can't imagine they've lost any of their will to get it done. When (Dungy) has that group behind him, the team's going to listen because those guys are going to listen and lead the way. The rest are just going to follow."

The next three weeks will do a lot to determine where.

Then again, here's why you don't want to start 3-4
Of the 168 teams to reach the conference finals in the Super Bowl era, only seven started the season 3-4. And only one of those lost its next game: the 1996 Jaguars, who actually lost their next two and three of four to start 4-7, and still somehow found their way to the AFC title game.

Moral of the story, that anomaly aside? If you start 3-4, you had better start winning in a hurry.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081024/SPORTS03/810240392

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2008, 08:54:45 am »
And isn't Eli Manning having a good year?  I would not have thought he had so much talent from what I saw of him at Ole Miss (in comparison to Peyton's UT years).  Glad he's coming into his own.
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2008, 02:22:50 am »
And isn't Eli Manning having a good year?  I would not have thought he had so much talent from what I saw of him at Ole Miss (in comparison to Peyton's UT years).  Glad he's coming into his own.

Eli Manning is da BOMB!!! I love him. He's so cute! He and his brother have a commercial playing here for hh Gregg. They are selling televisions and arguing about something. The commercial is as weird as hell, but it's kind of cute too. Peyton is still kind of cute in a way, but Eli is cuter in my book. Tom Brady. Now that boy is CUTE! I wish he wasn't injured. He's the sexiest quarterback in the NFL. At least I think so. :)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2008, 02:25:42 am »
The Indy Colts won their game against Pittsburgh today. I forget the score. It wasn't all that impressive. Anyway, it's a little too late. The Colts have already blown their chance to make it into the playoffs this year. Dad said they could still be seeded if they are lucky. But I don't think so. I hope they don't lose their ambition though. I hope they still try to win games even though their shot at the Super bowl is in the toilet. >:(