Author Topic: Stupid and Mindless TV Shows  (Read 49645 times)

injest

Re: Stupid and Mindless TV Shows
« Reply #80 on: January 29, 2008, 08:43:09 am »
HI David  :) LOL  If you can watch the creep than you are a lot tougher than I am! I can't stomach him.

OMG he teared up?! Like he gives a sh**

I'm with you Jess, with all the terrible things going on, I'd rather bury my head in the sand and watch "stupid and mindless TV shows" to quote the post. I'm (overly) sensitive and whenever something comes on about the war etc I have to change the channel because I get too upset. CNN International has really good reporting but what they show gets to me and I usually can't watch.

I know we should be informed but I feel so helpless, I don't know what I can do to change anything so I'm over at VH1 watching "I Love The 80s Part Deux" or something else equally stupid.

well, being informed and just wallowing in it is two different things. My sister keeps her TV on Fox 24/7....seriously. She is in the hospital now with a paranoid episode...they told her that she can NOT watch 24 hour news anymore....just the half hour news show on the old timey channels.

It is not good for your mental health to be so serious all the time.

Offline Wishes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #81 on: January 29, 2008, 03:08:15 pm »
OMG Jess, I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope she will be better soon. She sounds like a sensitive soul who takes much to heart. And there is so much in this world to upset sensitive people.

I'm always amazed at the people who don't give a damn about anything. Never watch the news, do not vote. Most of the people I work with don't vote. Sometimes I think it would be better to be like that but then I realize it's not.

So yes, to take my mind off all the bad stuff, I'll watch a bunch of crazed women fighting over some guy.

injest

« Reply #82 on: January 29, 2008, 07:41:07 pm »
you have to have balance...and know yourself well enough to know when too much is too much.

I hope she is ok too.... :-\

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #83 on: January 29, 2008, 10:26:22 pm »
Many presidents have sent young soldiers to their deaths. The U.S. Constitution gives the president the power to declare war as long as it's approved by Congress.

How can we presume to know whether someone's tears are insincere? He certainly doesn't have to do it for another election.

I've read about General Eisenhower's sleepless nights and tearful decisions when he sent the youngest onto the shores at Normandy. I could certainly never make the calls that our leaders sometimes have to make.

My friend's family (the friend who was killled in Iraq) are still supportive. If they can be, so can I. Things are better since the surge too. Lots of mistakes have been made. I'm sure mistakes are made in any war ever waged.

When has there ever been world peace? I doubt there ever will be.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Wishes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #84 on: January 29, 2008, 11:01:50 pm »
Shasta, I'm sorry if my comment offended you. You are right in that Bush is not fully responsible for sending troops to Iraq. I still do not believe we should have gone over there.

I was raised by a war surviving very antiwar mother. For some reason she didn't freak when my brother joined the navy. She was actually very supportive. He was terrified to tell her. That was a long time ago and he since finished 20 years.

Sorry, to the thread to go so far OT.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #85 on: January 29, 2008, 11:08:50 pm »
Shasta, I'm sorry if my comment offended you. You are right in that Bush is not fully responsible for sending troops to Iraq. I still do not believe we should have gone over there.

I was raised by a war surviving very antiwar mother. For some reason she didn't freak when my brother joined the navy. She was actually very supportive. He was terrified to tell her. That was a long time ago and he since finished 20 years.

Sorry, to the thread to go so far OT.

No offense, Wishes. I think you are entitled to your freedom of speech, just as I am.

I always try to speak up for the president because I think he (whoever the president is) has the hardest job. I want to be supportive. I'll be supportive of the next one too. Yeah. I know this one made mistakes. The next one will too. I think it's part of the job description.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Wishes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #86 on: January 30, 2008, 01:12:25 am »
Thanks Shasta. Why anyone would want the job, I'll never understand. I have often noticed that the president ages quickly once in the job.

This might still be OT but has anyone watched Paranormal State on A&E? I watched part of one and it scared the crap out of me. I didn't want to turn the light off that night. I saw a preview this evening for another episode. I definitially will not be watching. I'm not watching it again. Very scary.

injest

« Reply #87 on: January 30, 2008, 01:16:26 am »
Thanks Shasta. Why anyone would want the job, I'll never understand. I have often noticed that the president ages quickly once in the job.

This might still be OT but has anyone watched Paranormal State on A&E? I watched part of one and it scared the crap out of me. I didn't want to turn the light off that night. I saw a preview this evening for another episode. I definitially will not be watching. I'm not watching it again. Very scary.

uh uh!! Scary stuff scares me!!

I got scared at PeeWee's Big Adventure...I dont' do scary at all...

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #88 on: January 30, 2008, 01:33:27 am »

Hi Wishes!!!

YES!!! YES!!! YES!!!

I LOVE Paranormal State on A&E!!! But I forgot to watch it this week! And I think the lead investigator is very cute!! lol

I love all those shows... Paranormal State, Ghost Hunters on Sci Fi, Ghost Hunters International, and Most Haunted on the Travel Channel! :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

injest

« Reply #89 on: January 30, 2008, 01:44:26 am »
Hi Wishes!!!

YES!!! YES!!! YES!!!

I LOVE Paranormal State on A&E!!! But I forgot to watch it this week! And I think the lead investigator is very cute!! lol

I love all those shows... Paranormal State, Ghost Hunters on Sci Fi, Ghost Hunters International, and Most Haunted on the Travel Channel! :)

for a minute there I thought you were doing the diner scene from "When Harry Met Sally"

;D ;D

:laugh: :laugh: