Author Topic: Thoughts  (Read 41912 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Thoughts
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2007, 11:22:21 pm »
Thanks jstephens9!

I am not sure that the past is just past!!

May I say that that can be changed somehow?

Hugs!

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2007, 11:51:13 pm »
How do you change the past? I think you can try to make amends concerning things that happened in the past, but when those amends are ignored there comes a point when it becomes tiresome. There comes a time when you begin to realize that maybe you shouldn't be bothering with the amends anyway.

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2007, 07:45:17 pm »
Thanks jstephens9!

You make me think!

Guess, we all make peace for the past, present and future?? !!

Hugs!

injest

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2007, 01:50:28 am »
How do you change the past? I think you can try to make amends concerning things that happened in the past, but when those amends are ignored there comes a point when it becomes tiresome. There comes a time when you begin to realize that maybe you shouldn't be bothering with the amends anyway.

there comes a time when you have to accept that you have done what you could. and it is no longer something you need to beat yourself up over. The other person has their own problems to deal with and you cant help them with those. All you CAN do is say you are sorry and let be....

{{{Jack}}}

sometimes time is what is needed...it IS hard though isn't it?

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2007, 09:53:47 am »
Yes it is very hard Jess, but you sure are right. There is only so much you can do and you can only say you're sorry so many times. After awhile it gets to the place where you just have to forget about it. But, like you say, it is hard especially when you are being very sincere about it and really trying to make things right. Things have a way of coming back to people who create situations like this between friends. I have seen that many times and I have a feeling I will see it again. So I will take your advice and quit beating myself over it. And now you want to talk about a terrific person. Well, that would be JESS  ;)

injest

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2007, 09:55:34 am »
Yes it is very hard Jess, but you sure are right. There is only so much you can do and you can only say you're sorry so many times. After awhile it gets to the place where you just have to forget about it. But, like you say, it is hard especially when you are being very sincere about it and really trying to make things right. Things have a way of coming back to people who create situations like this between friends. I have seen that many times and I have a feeling I will see it again. So I will take your advice and quit beating myself over it. And now you want to talk about a terrific person. Well, that would be JESS  ;)

oh I could name you fifteen or twenty that don't think so!  ;)

but you are sweet to say so!

:-* :-* :-*

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2007, 09:57:54 am »
I guess we all have people that feel that way about us  :) Oh well, we have to be glad for those that don't feel that way, right

injest

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2007, 09:58:54 am »
I guess we all have people that feel that way about us  :) Oh well, we have to be glad for those that don't feel that way, right

that's RIGHT!

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2007, 10:01:31 am »
It's time for a shower, but I will be back a little later. Have a great morning Jess

injest

« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2007, 10:06:55 am »
It's time for a shower, but I will be back a little later. Have a great morning Jess

oh sure!! I ask for details and you have to leave....spoilsport!!!

see you later!