Author Topic: Thoughts  (Read 41908 times)

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Thoughts
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2007, 03:59:58 pm »
Happy Thanksgiving Jack and company. Have a Nice day.  :-*

Thanks Truman and a very Happy Thanksgiving to you too!!!

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2007, 10:54:32 pm »
I heard this line in a movie called "Where The Heart Is" tonight and I thought it was funny. One of the women thought she was pregnant, the other one said that she had heard that if you jumped backwards a bunch of times things would be ok. She said that it didn't work for her though. She jumped so far backwards that she had to take a bus to get back and she ended up with twins.

Offline BelAir

« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2007, 11:12:06 pm »
is that the Wal Mart baby movie?  I really liked that movie.
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2007, 11:39:28 pm »
Yep, that's it. The Wal Mart baby movie. I just happened to turn it on and it is a good movie.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2007, 12:55:03 am »

No Artiste, no ashes seen.. The mention by Lureen.  And the the mention at Jack's daddy's place..  He said
"He thought he was too god damned good to be buried in the family plot.  Well we got a plot , and he's goin in it."
To me indicating that they had that half of the ashes...provided she sent his real ashes??   
           Of course how could you tell once they are ashes...its just carbon residue.

Beautiful mind

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2007, 09:44:33 am »
I will have to see Jack's ashes and like you say Janice ashes can be from anywhere. There was a crematory near here down in Georgia where they were just scooping up any kind of ashes and giving them to people. It turned out that they were running behind in getting people cremated. Nobody knew the difference. As the story and move indicate people are left to form their own interpretations of Brokeback. My feeling is that Jack did not die and I felt that way the very first time I saw the movie. That is my gut feeling and it will be hard to change my mind about that.

Also, when I was researching the questions for Chrissi's quiz I came across several references to the lack of love between Jack and Ennis in the movie. The majority of these comments had to do with the first night in the tent scene and these comments spoke about the rough sex with no caring, loving, compassion, etc. However, I certainly did not see that during the second night in the tent scene as well as the motel scene. To me there was loving and caring in both scenes. Beyond that when did we ever see any sexual scenes between Ennis and Jack? How would we be able to judge what we did not see? We can only guess and I sure can see the love between the two. The reunion scene was no doubt rough, but to me that was an indication of how strong that love between Ennis and Jack really was. The comments I saw related to this lack of love were also from people who did not "get" the movie.

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2007, 12:26:42 pm »
Naw, the ashes are half in Texas, half in the family plot.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2007, 10:53:19 am »
Those ashes are an invention by Jack's wife, could that be?

I still have not seen the ashes of my past/lover/pal murdered by a muslim doctor in the hospital!  The brother and sister of my pal did not contact me for that neither!

Somehow, straights do NOT care about gays!! They did not even want me in my pal's house!

So I think that Jack wife was up to something, I ask you if you maybe think that too?

HUgs!

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2007, 10:32:39 pm »
Those ashes are an invention by Jack's wife, could that be?

I still have not seen the ashes of my past/lover/pal murdered by a muslim doctor in the hospital!  The brother and sister of my pal did not contact me for that neither!

Somehow, straights do NOT care about gays!! They did not even want me in my pal's house!

So I think that Jack wife was up to something, I ask you if you maybe think that too?

HUgs!

I think she could have been up to something Artiste. It is very sad what happened to your lover and very sad that his family has treated you the way they have. That must have been a very difficult thing for you to go through. I hope having as many friends as you have here on Bettermost somehow makes it easier to deal with.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2007, 03:56:08 pm »
I'm not sure if any of you have heard of Reichen Lehmkuhl, but he is a big proponet of getting rid of the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy in the military. Also, I would highly suggest reading his book called "This Is What We'll Say." Right before I got so involved with Bettermost I was very active in his forum and ended up belonging to his my space page. I get things he writes in his blog and a statement he made concerning the loss of his Aunt Pat said a lot to me. I thought it meant and said a lot about life in general so I asked his permission to use the quote here and he said it would be fine. Here it is:

"Love each other because you never know.  Have fun because this is our only chance.  Pat always had fun.  Look away from negativity and laugh at it as not your problem.  Stay away from people who bring you down.  Celebrate people who make you feel loved and who make you laugh.  Stay away from people who talk negatively about other people.  Never, ever let anyone put you down.  No one is perfect and no one should expect you to be.  Love yourself.  I'm rambling, but these are my thoughts.  Life is TOO SHORT.  Thanks again for the support.  -Reichen"