Author Topic: Happy THanksgiving!  (Read 219964 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Happy THanksgiving!
« Reply #150 on: November 16, 2012, 01:51:27 pm »
(Lee comes in and dusts off the thread)

Hi everyone! What are your Thanksgiving plans? Euro- and Australia-Brokies, I'd love to hear your plans too!

My, my, my, someone's gone and stolen about half the pictures! Must get busy and freshen this site up with some new ones...but at least the classic Monroe family and Twist family photos are still here!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #151 on: November 16, 2012, 02:40:06 pm »
Plans? Dinner with the cousins as usual. Sometime over the weekend I'm dragging my dad to the movies with me to see Lincoln. And I hope I get to visit at least one model train shop.  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #152 on: November 16, 2012, 07:31:47 pm »
(Lee comes in and dusts off the thread)

Hi everyone! What are your Thanksgiving plans? Euro- and Australia-Brokies, I'd love to hear your plans too!

My, my, my, someone's gone and stolen about half the pictures! Must get busy and freshen this site up with some new ones...but at least the classic Monroe family and Twist family photos are still here!

There's no T'giving in Sweden, it's not celebrated here. So no plans.

What day is it?

If it's a weekday, I'll be working as usual.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #153 on: November 17, 2012, 11:06:55 am »
Typical turkey sandwich for lil ole orphaned me.  Tgiving sucks without family...
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #154 on: November 17, 2012, 12:36:41 pm »
Typical turkey sandwich for lil ole orphaned me.  Tgiving sucks without family...

No friends you can party with?  :'(

(Sometimes Thanksgiving sucks when you do have family. Not in my case, I'm looking forward to dinner with the cousins, but I've heard tell.)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #155 on: November 17, 2012, 05:42:16 pm »
Well, my family has scattered to the winds and it's too hard to get them all together. When that happens, I look for a shelter or soup kitchen to volunteer at. This year, the ones I contacted had waiting lists! Finally, I got invited over to my daughter's in-laws and they are nice enough to let me bring a few things. My daughter has specifically requested me to bring the cranberry sauce (none of that stuff that still has the indentations visible from the can!) and sweet-sour braised brussels sprouts, one of her favorite side dishes. And I'll probably cook a few other things that I could take into the office.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #156 on: November 17, 2012, 07:42:11 pm »
Those brussels sprouts sound yummo!  :D

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #157 on: November 18, 2012, 03:56:02 am »
Same as Sonja of course - no plans at all since we don't do Thanksgiving. On Thursday, my daughter will have her very first job interview for an internship at a hospital, and I'm gonna drive her, which will take the whole afternoon since it's not around the next corner. If she gets it, she'll have to take public transport for commuting, but for the interview I'm happy to drive her. :)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #158 on: November 18, 2012, 04:02:48 am »
sweet-sour braised brussels sprouts, one of her favorite side dishes.

I've hated all Brussels sprouts I've tried in my life, but I would give them another try in a sweet-sour variation. :)

Offline Berit

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #159 on: November 18, 2012, 07:06:26 am »
I LOVE Brussel sprouts but they make me  :P unfortunatly. No celebrations as Sonja said, No Mayflower in Sweden.... ;)
Ennis.....always Ennis.....