Author Topic: Happy THanksgiving!  (Read 129529 times)

Offline brian

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Happy THanksgiving!
« Reply #190 on: November 25, 2014, 02:03:24 pm »
How is everyone's Thanksgiving prep going? You Euro and Aussie Brokies must find all this bother over dinner amusing.
It does seem a lot so close to Christmas. It would be better further away. A lot of us have a mid-winter lunch in June or July because it is so hot in December for the traditional foods. Sometimes it is called Yuletide, others call it Christmas in July.

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #191 on: November 25, 2014, 06:04:58 pm »
Mom is having dinner catered, but has asked me to make the pull apart pizza bread as an appetizer.

:)

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #192 on: November 25, 2014, 06:13:23 pm »
I have a pumpkin pie in the oven now, and it smells heavenly! I'm about to prepare the stuffing so it can mellow in the fridge for a day and I'm also going to boil the potatoes in their jackets for eventual mashed potatoes. 

Oooh! I bet that pumpkin pie smells wonderful!  :D

I'm picking up the turkey later today!!

If it says, "Senor, senor," I'd pass it by.  ;D

A Happy Thanksgiving to all Brokies near and far.  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #193 on: November 26, 2014, 09:16:13 pm »

Noooo moooooooore electric knives!   Everrrrrrrrrrr!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #194 on: November 27, 2014, 01:44:20 am »
Happy Thanksgiving to everybody who celebrates! Hope all of you spend it with people you love :-*

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #195 on: November 27, 2014, 11:08:42 am »
Thanks, Chrissi! I made so much food, I'm going to be eating this food for two weeks!!
When you see the smiley face in the sky, the pandemic will be over!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #196 on: November 27, 2014, 01:03:32 pm »
Thanks, Chrissi! I made so much food, I'm going to be eating this food for two weeks!!

I'm sure that will be a lot better than a bowl of sugarpops or cornpops.  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #197 on: November 27, 2014, 09:06:15 pm »

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #198 on: November 28, 2014, 02:38:13 pm »

Seeing these candlesticks and wineglasses reminds me of the only disaster that happened yesterday. I was removing some heavy candlesticks from the back corner of a shelf in my china cabinet and suddenly the whole shelf tilted forward and everything on it (mostly crystal wineglasses and a crystal pitcher)  started sliding off! I very quickly blocked everything I could from sliding off the shelf with my body but I could hear things falling to the floor and exploding. Offline Chuck was behind me and quickly diagnosed the problem: the tiny bracket which held the shelf up was missing from the front right corner of it. Fortunately, I only lost three wineglasses, two of which were not important (not family heirlooms).

It's kind of ironic because I was going to show OCD the candlesticks even though I knew they were much too tall for use at the dinner table. And I didn't need the wineglasses because everyone who attended yesterday was a teetotaler!
When you see the smiley face in the sky, the pandemic will be over!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #199 on: November 28, 2014, 05:28:22 pm »
Seeing these candlesticks and wineglasses reminds me of the only disaster that happened yesterday. I was removing some heavy candlesticks from the back corner of a shelf in my china cabinet and suddenly the whole shelf tilted forward and everything on it (mostly crystal wineglasses and a crystal pitcher)  started sliding off! I very quickly blocked everything I could from sliding off the shelf with my body but I could hear things falling to the floor and exploding. Offline Chuck was behind me and quickly diagnosed the problem: the tiny bracket which held the shelf up was missing from the front right corner of it. Fortunately, I only lost three wineglasses, two of which were not important (not family heirlooms).

Well, isn't that a GDB-etc.?  :(

Sorry to hear about this, FRiend. Reminds of the time I had a cupboard shelf collapse just like that when I was storing some new flea market glassware finds. Sure did make me mad, I can tell you.  :(

Maybe we should have a thread on holiday disasters?