Author Topic: Happy THanksgiving!  (Read 219963 times)

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Happy THanksgiving!
« Reply #190 on: November 25, 2014, 02:03:24 pm »
How is everyone's Thanksgiving prep going? You Euro and Aussie Brokies must find all this bother over dinner amusing.
It does seem a lot so close to Christmas. It would be better further away. A lot of us have a mid-winter lunch in June or July because it is so hot in December for the traditional foods. Sometimes it is called Yuletide, others call it Christmas in July.

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #191 on: November 25, 2014, 06:04:58 pm »
Mom is having dinner catered, but has asked me to make the pull apart pizza bread as an appetizer.

:)

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #192 on: November 25, 2014, 06:13:23 pm »
I have a pumpkin pie in the oven now, and it smells heavenly! I'm about to prepare the stuffing so it can mellow in the fridge for a day and I'm also going to boil the potatoes in their jackets for eventual mashed potatoes. 

Oooh! I bet that pumpkin pie smells wonderful!  :D

I'm picking up the turkey later today!!

If it says, "Senor, senor," I'd pass it by.  ;D

A Happy Thanksgiving to all Brokies near and far.  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #193 on: November 26, 2014, 09:16:13 pm »

Noooo moooooooore electric knives!   Everrrrrrrrrrr!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #194 on: November 27, 2014, 01:44:20 am »
Happy Thanksgiving to everybody who celebrates! Hope all of you spend it with people you love :-*

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #195 on: November 27, 2014, 11:08:42 am »
Thanks, Chrissi! I made so much food, I'm going to be eating this food for two weeks!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #196 on: November 27, 2014, 01:03:32 pm »
Thanks, Chrissi! I made so much food, I'm going to be eating this food for two weeks!!

I'm sure that will be a lot better than a bowl of sugarpops or cornpops.  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #197 on: November 27, 2014, 09:06:15 pm »

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #198 on: November 28, 2014, 02:38:13 pm »

Seeing these candlesticks and wineglasses reminds me of the only disaster that happened yesterday. I was removing some heavy candlesticks from the back corner of a shelf in my china cabinet and suddenly the whole shelf tilted forward and everything on it (mostly crystal wineglasses and a crystal pitcher)  started sliding off! I very quickly blocked everything I could from sliding off the shelf with my body but I could hear things falling to the floor and exploding. Offline Chuck was behind me and quickly diagnosed the problem: the tiny bracket which held the shelf up was missing from the front right corner of it. Fortunately, I only lost three wineglasses, two of which were not important (not family heirlooms).

It's kind of ironic because I was going to show OCD the candlesticks even though I knew they were much too tall for use at the dinner table. And I didn't need the wineglasses because everyone who attended yesterday was a teetotaler!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #199 on: November 28, 2014, 05:28:22 pm »
Seeing these candlesticks and wineglasses reminds me of the only disaster that happened yesterday. I was removing some heavy candlesticks from the back corner of a shelf in my china cabinet and suddenly the whole shelf tilted forward and everything on it (mostly crystal wineglasses and a crystal pitcher)  started sliding off! I very quickly blocked everything I could from sliding off the shelf with my body but I could hear things falling to the floor and exploding. Offline Chuck was behind me and quickly diagnosed the problem: the tiny bracket which held the shelf up was missing from the front right corner of it. Fortunately, I only lost three wineglasses, two of which were not important (not family heirlooms).

Well, isn't that a GDB-etc.?  :(

Sorry to hear about this, FRiend. Reminds of the time I had a cupboard shelf collapse just like that when I was storing some new flea market glassware finds. Sure did make me mad, I can tell you.  :(

Maybe we should have a thread on holiday disasters?