Author Topic: 2007 Indianapolis Circle of Lights  (Read 4941 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
2007 Indianapolis Circle of Lights
« on: November 24, 2007, 01:16:11 am »
Christmas Arrives In Indianapolis!!

Well, Christmas has officially arrived in the city of Indianapolis. Tonight, the city's self proclaimed "World's Largest Christmas Tree" was lit, once again fulfilling a Hoosier Christmas tradition celebrated annually for decades. The Soldiers and Sailors Monument is draped with thousands of multicolored lights, creating a 284 foot (86.5 meter) tall Christmas "tree" on Monument Circle in the exact geographical center of Indianapolis.

Tonight, tens of thousands of Hoosiers braved the sub freezing temperatures and gusty winds to witness the annual event. And no, we did not go down there tonight. We stayed home and watched it live on TV!!

The following pictures are from WRTV Channel 6:

It's Santa!!!  :D

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!  :D

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
Re: 2007 Indianapolis Circle of Lights
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2007, 07:56:22 am »

That's very pretty, David.  :D

Sure does look cold there! Everyone's rugged up against the cold.  :o

When I first came to BetterMost, one year ago this week, it was in the middle of the Australian summer, but lots of folks here at BetterMost (I specifically remember you, David, and my dear friend Geri, from New York) were writing about how cold it was where they lived. And now we've come full circle again. Hard to believe another year has come and gone so fast.

All the Christmas decorations are on display here in Sydney, too!  :D
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2007, 10:14:49 am »
The poor little Rosettes -- they were probably frozen by the end of the festivities!

Thanks for the pictures, David -- beautiful!! I don't blame you for watching on TV. Much warmer that way.
  ;)
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2007, 01:29:31 am »
That's very pretty, David.  :D

Sure does look cold there! Everyone's rugged up against the cold.  :o

When I first came to BetterMost, one year ago this week, it was in the middle of the Australian summer, but lots of folks here at BetterMost (I specifically remember you, David, and my dear friend Geri, from New York) were writing about how cold it was where they lived. And now we've come full circle again. Hard to believe another year has come and gone so fast.

All the Christmas decorations are on display here in Sydney, too!  :D

Has it already been a year, Kerry? Time sure flies, doesn't it? I guess this just shows how much I have enjoyed your company! :)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2007, 01:31:40 am »
The poor little Rosettes -- they were probably frozen by the end of the festivities!

Thanks for the pictures, David -- beautiful!! I don't blame you for watching on TV. Much warmer that way.
  ;)

Hi Shasta!

Don't worry about the kids too much. If I remember correctly, they have an enclosed area with a glass front, and this is where they do those shows. It's a staging area and it is completely sealed and heated. :)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2007, 03:57:58 am »
What about the ones on the Santa sleigh?  ::)  They don't look like they're suffering, so the sleigh maybe has a heat source. Kids, I've noticed, do not get as cold as I do anyway. Little ones want to go outside for recess even when it's icy!   :o
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2007, 04:23:08 am »
What about the ones on the Santa sleigh?  ::)  They don't look like they're suffering, so the sleigh maybe has a heat source. Kids, I've noticed, do not get as cold as I do anyway. Little ones want to go outside for recess even when it's icy!   :o

The ones on the Santa sleigh are probably downright cold, Shasta! Hopefully the sleigh does have a heat source, but I don't know for certain. It was very chilly Friday night.

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2007, 02:43:55 pm »
That is one thing I really like about the Xmess season, the lights, they are beautiful and cheer me up when it is dark and cold. I will try and post some pics of my towns lights, no where near the level Indy does it, for sure.  ;)
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

mvansand76

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2007, 05:12:02 pm »
It's PRETTY!!!!  ;D