Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4527830 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #11640 on: May 16, 2013, 10:22:07 am »
Whutsup, gang?

It has become way too quiet in here. I like this thread as a place to share whatever odd stuff is on our minds. Kind of a community blog for all those who don't want to have their private blog.

So here's a *bump* for Throwback Thursday! O0

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #11641 on: May 16, 2013, 10:36:53 am »
Ah, and we need to get some more "congratulations" post up here, i'm sure!   :laugh: :laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #11642 on: May 16, 2013, 11:31:00 am »
Sooooo, I've kinda big news. Big to me, anyway. After 17 (:o!!!) years of being a stay at home mom, I'm gonna go back on the job!

Believe it or not, my employer is still my employer as I've been furloughed for the time. We moved away from Heidelberg since then, so my commute to work will be about an hour in each direction. Oh well, when Jack has been commuting four hours a day, I will take two in a stride. ;D

I plan to work for three days a week, maybe 3 X 6 hours or 8 + 6 + 6, or something like that. I'll have to see what they have to offer. But I don't want to do a full work week.
Since Oliver will start a new school at the end of August I want to be at home for the first weeks, until he's settled in. Then in October we'll be on our second family vacation. So I decided November will be a good time to go back to paid work.
I still have the whole, long summer for me to enjoy, but also look forward to starting work in the fall. :)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #11643 on: May 16, 2013, 05:57:18 pm »
Sooooo, I've kinda big news. Big to me, anyway. After 17 (:o!!!) years of being a stay at home mom, I'm gonna go back on the job!

Believe it or not, my employer is still my employer as I've been furloughed for the time. We moved away from Heidelberg since then, so my commute to work will be about an hour in each direction. Oh well, when Jack has been commuting four hours a day, I will take two in a stride. ;D

I plan to work for three days a week, maybe 3 X 6 hours or 8 + 6 + 6, or something like that. I'll have to see what they have to offer. But I don't want to do a full work week.
Since Oliver will start a new school at the end of August I want to be at home for the first weeks, until he's settled in. Then in October we'll be on our second family vacation. So I decided November will be a good time to go back to paid work.
I still have the whole, long summer for me to enjoy, but also look forward to starting work in the fall. :)

Chrissi! That *is* exciting news! Wow, so what will you be doing? Do they legally have to keep your job open or are they just nice that way!?
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #11644 on: May 16, 2013, 06:22:28 pm »
fantastic news, Chriss!  ;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #11645 on: May 16, 2013, 07:28:48 pm »
Wow! I always knew you were a treasure and your company realizes that too!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #11646 on: May 17, 2013, 02:16:53 pm »
Thanks Chuckie, Kelda and Lee! :)

Chrissi! That *is* exciting news! Wow, so what will you be doing? Do they legally have to keep your job open or are they just nice that way!?

No, the law is three years.
It's one of the advantages of being a puplic servant. The public sector has generous regulations in regard to unpaid leaves. You can request a leave for childraising until the child is ten years old. Furthermore you can request leave for five more years within your life working span (as long as you work in the public sector). You could for example take a sabbath year in your twenties and another one in your forties.

So all of my 17 years at home were covered by leave for childraising. It ends when the youngest child is ten years old. From end of August (Oliver's 10th birthday) till November, I'll take two months of those five extra years.

The law is that you can request a leave for three years for childraising. Your employer has to hold your job for that time.
Of course the employer doesn't have to hold your exact place of work, they can transfer you to an equal job when you come back. If you were an office clerk, they can give you a job in a different department, but it has to be in an office again and you'll get the same pay.

In regard to what I'll be doing: I don't know yet. I studied social pedagogy, but was officially employed as a kindergarten teacher (which is a step down the ladder and pays less). However I did a social worker's job and worked with children with behavioural problems.
They have to give me an equal job, thus could employ me as kindergarten teacher and have me work as such. Or maybe I'll be lucky and there's a fitting position free for qualified social work.
Now that sounds bad, "qualified social work" - it's an occupational profile that doesn't exist in the Anglo-American region. Picture a social worker with education in diverse fields like medicine, sociology, law, pedagogics, psychology etc. But of course all of the mentioned only in regard to whatever you may encounter in the broad field of social work.
Family law is important for example, but I've never heard the first thing about business law. Or in medicine I've learned lots about the medical side of common disabilities, but of course I'm as far from being a doc as I am from being an astronaut, lol.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 05:11:46 pm by Penthesilea »

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #11647 on: May 17, 2013, 04:15:41 pm »
Wow, Chrissi. Cool! Sounds exciting.. given you have been 'out' of the field for a fair period, will you need to do any retraining?
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #11648 on: May 17, 2013, 06:02:03 pm »

That´s great news, Chrissie. And paid work means more travel, right?;)

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #11649 on: May 17, 2013, 06:41:45 pm »
That´s great news, Chrissie. And paid work means more travel, right?;)

always important!