Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4595583 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5630 on: January 03, 2008, 05:00:51 pm »
Chrissi and everyone, you never have to be without your Dinner for One!  "Same procedure as every year!"

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1v4BYV-YvA[/youtube]

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5631 on: January 03, 2008, 05:21:23 pm »

He heheh....thanks elle....that is so funny

Beautiful mind

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #5632 on: January 03, 2008, 05:35:42 pm »
Chrissi and everyone, you never have to be without your Dinner for One!  "Same procedure as every year!"

How many hours did I spend watching Jack and Ennis snippets on youtube? How many music videos have I seen there? How many TDK trailers, ELR espisodes and so on?
*slapshandonforehead*
I didn't think of youtube for one second  ::) Guess I was a bit slow that night  ;D.

Thanks for reminding me, Elle  :-*
I'll never miss Dinner for one again on New Year's Eve.  :)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #5633 on: January 03, 2008, 06:04:14 pm »
I remembered from my extensive "Dinner for One" research last year, there are two versions...a 10-11 minute one (which is posted here). In this one, there is no tablecloth on the table and some of the picture frames are empty. There is a longer one--about 18 minutes--which has an intro and the dining room is fancier (cloth on the table).

I went hunting for the longer one and found out...there is a third version! Legos! It even has James drinking the water out of the vase! LOL...Enjoy all...

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZHwMVhJ81g[/youtube]
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #5634 on: January 03, 2008, 07:44:42 pm »
He hates snakes...I can deal with those...I hate bugs...he can deal with those.  SC sounds good.

Don't they have palmetto bugs in South Carolina?  :P
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #5635 on: January 03, 2008, 09:34:24 pm »

Congrats to Jess!!!
for breaking

:o :o :o :o :o

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #5636 on: January 04, 2008, 12:48:11 am »
Congrats, Jess!  8)

Well, I just rolled in after spending an entire day on the train from South Bend, Indiana to NYC.  Door to door, it was 23 hours!  :P  :P  :P

I do love the train, but sometimes it can be just too much.  There was lots of snow and arctic cold in Indiana, and they sat me near the door that they opened and closed to let people embark and debark.  I froze most of the way.  Then finally, when we were on the last stretch from Albany to NYC, the generator pooped out and we lost the lights and the heat entirely.  Eventually, they jammed us onto another train and we got into NYC 2-1/2 hours late.  Oy!  :P

I did call Phillip when we passed through Rochester, but I had to leave a message, since he didn't pick up.  Hope he got it!  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #5637 on: January 04, 2008, 01:45:34 am »
Congrats, Jess!  8)

Well, I just rolled in after spending an entire day on the train from South Bend, Indiana to NYC.  Door to door, it was 23 hours!  :P  :P  :P

I do love the train, but sometimes it can be just too much.  There was lots of snow and arctic cold in Indiana, and they sat me near the door that they opened and closed to let people embark and debark.  I froze most of the way.  Then finally, when we were on the last stretch from Albany to NYC, the generator pooped out and we lost the lights and the heat entirely.  Eventually, they jammed us onto another train and we got into NYC 2-1/2 hours late.  Oy!  :P

I did call Phillip when we passed through Rochester, but I had to leave a message, since he didn't pick up.  Hope he got it!  8)

Yikes Meryl!  I'm glad to hear you made it home safe and sound!  I hope you're toasty warm now. :)

You're right about trains.  They can be great when all goes well, but when there's a glitch they can be pretty miserable.  One time I was taking the train from Connecticut to Chicago with my Mom when I was in high school... and much like your experience it was a freezing, freezing winter trip.  Thankfully we didn't loose power (heat, lights, etc.), but all the plumbing on the train froze and the bathrooms stopped working.
 :-X :-X
I also recall the train getting stuck once in a while on that trip.  Not fun.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5638 on: January 04, 2008, 05:30:28 am »

My my Jeff, that is one hot cowboy outfit.

Beautiful mind

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #5639 on: January 04, 2008, 07:16:43 am »
Morning all,

Another frigid morning here and another -2 degrees. This is the kind of cold that gets into your bones and just stays there.

Sounds like a long trip, Meryl. Glad to know you are home safe and sound!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!