Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4596503 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7690 on: August 23, 2008, 01:51:10 pm »
I recognized him immediately: from all the BBM interviews, and especially from his evening with Uncle Ang last November in NYC.  Plus, he's pretty distinctive looking, even without the bow tie!

Well, I was spared having to come up with something to say, since he was on the phone.  But, I'm sure I would have said something stupid or gushing like "I'm a big fan, and thank you for your work, etc."  Or, "How 'bout them cute cowboys all over town, hunh?"

Paul, how cool for you!   You didn't by any possible chance have Lureen's red hat with you at the time, did you?

I'm still several pages behind the times on this thread, so forgive if this has been said.

My guess is that James Schamus would totally love to be gently and respectfully accosted by an appreciative BBM admirer.  'Course, he might be a little sore if you asked him what the hell he was thinking with the BBM hippie scene.  On the third hand, if you were to say, "Decided to turn that deleted BBM hippie scene into a whole movie, hunh?" he might be surprised, and pleased. 

So - Provincetown - do you think he might be gay?  He has a wife, don't he?  So that means he couldn't possibly be gay.  (Actually, I do mean this as a genuine question.)

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #7691 on: August 23, 2008, 01:54:53 pm »
I thought it was time for another top ten list! :D

Wednesday's Top 10 List

injest                    28,167   
MaineWriter         12,988  
Garry_LH              11,245  
Front-Ranger       11,040  

DavidInIndy         10,033  
dot-matrix             9,864  
Elle                         9,832  
Artiste                  9,582  

Lucise                   8,692  
Jeff Wrangler       7,963  

Wow, BetterMostian-Formerly-Known-As-My-Posting-Twin (David),

You are way over 1,000 posts ahead of me now.  I don't think I'll ever redline it that far to catch up again.

:-*

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #7692 on: August 23, 2008, 01:56:02 pm »

And, Paul, I wonder if we should start a James, James, James thread? ;D

I think we should, yes, in CT.  We'll be following his career for years to come.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #7693 on: August 23, 2008, 01:57:26 pm »
Exciting day today in our household, my youngest has his 5th birthday today :).

He was soooo happy this morning, coming down the stairs, then he had to wait a minute outside the dinging room (till I had lit the candles on his B-day cake), and then of course he rushed in :D.
I just did the math: this is the 26th time I celebrate a birthday with my kids (12+9+5), but it's still amazing at what speed they are able to rip off the paper from the presents :laugh:. It's always the same ritual: rip off, take a one-second look at it, then on to the next present, occasionally accompanied by a squeal. But after all things are open, they take their time to take everything in and inspect every present.

In one hour the hardest part (for us adults) begins: children's birthday party :P.  I'll breathe a sigh of relief when it's over this evening :laugh:.

But it's so worth it: my little one has the best time today, you won't believe how happy he is :D

Guten Geburtstag, Mini-PenthesileO.

:)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #7694 on: August 23, 2008, 01:59:23 pm »

Wow, BetterMostian-Formerly-Known-As-My-Posting-Twin (David),

You are way over 1,000 posts ahead of me now.  I don't think I'll ever redline it that far to catch up again.

:-*

BetterMostian-Formerly-Known-As-My-Posting-Twin (Clarissa), I'm only about 200 posts ahead of you! You can catch up! ;) :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #7695 on: August 23, 2008, 02:02:37 pm »
Oh Chrissi, bummer is right. Here's a big hug {{{Chrissi}}}

As for life in Westbrook, the good news is that Lance comes home from camp today. Yahoo! He's been gone since June 9th with just a few days home over the summer, so it will be good to see him. He's here until September 1st (Labor Day) when he heads back to college.

Then on September 5th, I head to Switzerland!

Chrissi, Hannah has been trying to learn some German phrases. Good for her, she's doing better than me!  LOL

L

Leslie, where in Switzerland, make me envious!  I love Switzerland, and Austria, and that part of Italy, etc. so much.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #7696 on: August 23, 2008, 02:07:40 pm »
BetterMostian-Formerly-Known-As-My-Posting-Twin (Clarissa), I'm only about 200 posts ahead of you! You can catch up! ;) :)

Oh sh*t!  I sure wish I'd realized my colossal math error before your post froze it for eternal mockery!  :laugh:

Hey guess what, everybody - Lynne is on her way over, and we're going out to breakfast!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #7697 on: August 23, 2008, 02:39:52 pm »
Bonjour... to all !

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #7698 on: August 23, 2008, 03:30:46 pm »
Hiya BetterMostians!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #7699 on: August 23, 2008, 04:16:12 pm »

Leslie, where in Switzerland, make me envious!  I love Switzerland, and Austria, and that part of Italy, etc. so much.

I am going to be in Basel for 2 weeks. On the middle weekend, I fly to Brussels to visit Fabienne. Then, on Sept 18th I take the train to Germany where I will connect with Hannah and Chrissi and spend a week visiting there before coming home on Sep 26th.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!