Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4596528 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7870 on: September 03, 2008, 11:01:28 am »
Hi everyone,

A beautiful, beautiful day here in Maine. 75 degrees, not a cloud in the sky. Perfect!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #7871 on: September 03, 2008, 11:27:57 am »
The morning was still sunny and warm, but shortly after noon it began to rain and then stayed grey and dull and rainy all day. But today the weather can't influence my mood: I booked our fall holidays today! :D
A week in beautiful Austria in early October for the whole family. Thinking of Kaiserschmarrn, Marillenknödel, Palatschinken, Topfenstrudel..... mmmh. The Austrian cuisine is famous for its warm desserts. I LOVE them.

Kaiserschmarrn

Marillenknödel

Palatschinken

Topfenstrudel

Ehm, yes, the landscape is also beautiful :laugh:

Online CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #7872 on: September 03, 2008, 11:46:48 am »
Oh, have a great trip, Chrissi!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7873 on: September 03, 2008, 01:01:01 pm »
Greetings folks. 
Haven't posted here in a while.  :)

I recently came home from a short visit to Rockport, Gloucester & Boston, Massachusetts.
Loved the weather, the town, the people, the beach.  Ah.. loved the beach!

On my way there, I had to fly thru Toronto to Boston (the flight time is about 1 hour, 5 mins).  That was quite an adventure...

First, the flight was delayed for 45 mins.  No problem.
Then when we were airborne and flying for 30 mins, we were told that the engine was not de-icing properly.  So we turned around and went back to Toronto. 
An hour and a half later, we were back on the plane and in line for take off...

One row away from us, there is a mother with her 4-year old daughter.  The little girl is screaming her head off, refusing to keep her seat belt on.  You could tell that this kid always gets what she wants.  The stewardess comes by and tries to talk to the mother over the screams.  We are told that we can not take off until ALL the passengers are seated AND belted in.  30 mins roll by.  The other passengers are growing restless.  A few people, myself included, go over there to see if we can calm the child down, seeing as her mom was totally helpless.  No such luck.  45 mins roll by.  More screaming, even more aggravated passengers. lol.  The stewardess tells the pilot to return to the gate so that the mother and her daughter can be taken off.  After much drama and insults and the woman refusing to get off the aircraft, she & her child are finally taken off.  Phew.  We get ready to take off again when there comes another announcement - 'Due to the time wasted idling, we have to refuel the aircraft before we leave'.  Another hour waiting.  Yikes.  Just like that, an hour long flight turned into 5 hours.
Those of us who had connected from other flights were pretty much starving by the time the little packets of crackers came along. LOL. 

Much drama, but when I got to Rockport and took in a deep breath of moist ocean air, I knew it was worth it!  8)

Online CellarDweller

« Reply #7874 on: September 03, 2008, 02:19:02 pm »
Holy cow!  That's one hell of an experience!   :o

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #7875 on: September 03, 2008, 02:31:56 pm »
Greetings folks. 
Haven't posted here in a while.  :)

I recently came home from a short visit to Rockport, Gloucester & Boston, Massachusetts.
Loved the weather, the town, the people, the beach.  Ah.. loved the beach!

On my way there, I had to fly thru Toronto to Boston (the flight time is about 1 hour, 5 mins).  That was quite an adventure...

First, the flight was delayed for 45 mins.  No problem.
Then when we were airborne and flying for 30 mins, we were told that the engine was not de-icing properly.  So we turned around and went back to Toronto. 
An hour and a half later, we were back on the plane and in line for take off...

One row away from us, there is a mother with her 4-year old daughter.  The little girl is screaming her head off, refusing to keep her seat belt on.  You could tell that this kid always gets what she wants.  The stewardess comes by and tries to talk to the mother over the screams.  We are told that we can not take off until ALL the passengers are seated AND belted in.  30 mins roll by.  The other passengers are growing restless.  A few people, myself included, go over there to see if we can calm the child down, seeing as her mom was totally helpless.  No such luck.  45 mins roll by.  More screaming, even more aggravated passengers. lol.  The stewardess tells the pilot to return to the gate so that the mother and her daughter can be taken off.  After much drama and insults and the woman refusing to get off the aircraft, she & her child are finally taken off.  Phew.  We get ready to take off again when there comes another announcement - 'Due to the time wasted idling, we have to refuel the aircraft before we leave'.  Another hour waiting.  Yikes.  Just like that, an hour long flight turned into 5 hours.
Those of us who had connected from other flights were pretty much starving by the time the little packets of crackers came along. LOL. 

Much drama, but when I got to Rockport and took in a deep breath of moist ocean air, I knew it was worth it!  8)

:)
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Artiste

« Reply #7876 on: September 03, 2008, 11:44:25 pm »
Bonsoir... everyone and sleep well with pleasant dreams!
<
Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #7877 on: September 04, 2008, 12:48:35 am »
Just like that, an hour long flight turned into 5 hours.

Boy, what an ordeal.

Glad you had a wonderful vacation. Was it warm enough for swimming and sunbathing on the beach?

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #7878 on: September 04, 2008, 06:48:17 am »
Hi Milli,

Good to hear from you! That is quite a trip. Glad you made it to the beach eventually!

Meanwhile here it is 54 degrees and the first day of school. I am back on carpool duty!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Online CellarDweller

« Reply #7879 on: September 04, 2008, 06:54:38 am »
Good morning BetterMost!

How is everyone today?