Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4595447 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7950 on: September 09, 2008, 07:29:57 pm »
Cool pics, Leslie!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #7951 on: September 09, 2008, 07:32:17 pm »
S.V.P., more pics....

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7952 on: September 09, 2008, 08:23:17 pm »
Wow, those photos are picture book perfect.So pretty you almost wouldn't want people walking around.Oh that sounds wrong, I am sure you would enhance any scene.Oh that sounds grovelly, I am going to change tack here before I dig myself a grave.The tram picture has an apotheke behind it. Is that a drug store as in from apothecary.
See I need to know wherever I visit I can get mine and sons happy pills.Pheew got out of that nicely I think!!!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #7953 on: September 10, 2008, 01:20:25 am »
Here in Basel they speak German. In Switzerland, the official languages are German, French, and Italian.

My understanding (and Chrissi, correct me if I get this wrong) is that the Swiss speak a version of German which they called Swiss-Deutsch. It is not a written language, only spoken. For writing they write Hacht (sp? High) German which is "proper" German. My understanding is also that people who speak Swiss-Deutsch can also speak Hacht (high) German...except for maybe very uneducated people, or very old people...

I guess if you call Swiss-Deutsch a language, there are four languages spoken in the country. Not sure if it counts as a language, though, so I am not sure if it is correct to say three or four.

L

Good morning Leslie and all :)

David and Artiste are right: there is a fourth official language in Switzerland and it's not the 'Schwyzerdütsch' (=Schweizerdeutsch=SwissGerman) Leslie mentioned.

It's Rhaeto-Romnanic (=Romansh=Rätoromanisch) and it's spoken in the canton of Graubünden (Grisons).

It is not a written language, only spoken. For writing they write Hacht (sp? High) German which is "proper" German.

Yup. The 'proper' German (High German) is called Hochdeutsch.

hoch=high

Great pictures Leslie! :D

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #7954 on: September 10, 2008, 01:23:20 am »

David and Artiste are right: there is a fourth official language in Switzerland and it's not the 'Schwyzerdütsch' (=Schweizerdeutsch=SwissGerman) Leslie mentioned.

YAY!! I was right!! :D

See? I know some things too sometimes! :laugh: ;)

Good morning Chrissi!! :-*

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #7955 on: September 10, 2008, 01:26:25 am »
YAY!! I was right!! :D

See? I know some things too sometimes! :laugh: ;)

Good morning Chrissi!! :-*

Course you do!

Good morning sweetie. Guess that would rather be good night for you :laugh:
 :-*

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #7956 on: September 10, 2008, 01:28:02 am »
Hahahaha, I'm saying good morning and David, you should be saying good night!

Glad we got the language thing straightened out and David, c'mon, you know lots of stuff. Like how to read that crazy German thing you have hanging on your door! LOL

Another nice day is in store for us. 16 degrees already.

I slept well last night so I think I am over the jet lag problem. But my feet are still swollen and look like a pair of little hams. LOL

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #7957 on: September 10, 2008, 01:30:30 am »
Wow, those photos are picture book perfect.So pretty you almost wouldn't want people walking around.Oh that sounds wrong, I am sure you would enhance any scene.Oh that sounds grovelly, I am going to change tack here before I dig myself a grave.The tram picture has an apotheke behind it. Is that a drug store as in from apothecary.
See I need to know wherever I visit I can get mine and sons happy pills.Pheew got out of that nicely I think!!!

Yes 'Apotheke' is a drug store or pharmacy.

This reminds me of the pharmacy in Canmore, Canada. I needed strong painkillers last year after being kicked by that dumb ass horse and sent my husband to the pharmacy. Turns out the pharmacy was located in the supermarket and the pharmacist told my husband to just take a box of pills of the shelf.

:o

You can't get medicines over here like that. Even nonprescription drugs are only available in the pharmacy and you have to ask for them. There's always a pharmacist who will give you your medication and give to advice on how to take whatever pills you've asked for.
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #7958 on: September 10, 2008, 01:30:57 am »

Course you do!

Good morning sweetie. Guess that would rather be good night for you :laugh:
 :-*

Well, I just looked out of the window and it's dark out there, and my clock says it's 1:27 am.... so yup, it's night time here.... or early morning. No matter how you slice or dice it it's getting close to the time I should get my ass in bed! :laugh:

Good night works for me Chrissi! ;) :D

It sometimes seems weird to me when I think it is so dark here, and yet the sun is up where you are. It just reminds me of how big the earth really is, even though it sometimes seems like you are next door to me because of the Internet. :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #7959 on: September 10, 2008, 01:33:04 am »
Good morning Leslie, glad you slept well. Look after those feet.  :)

Good morning Chrissi (I'm going over to the Heath Heath Heath thread to get my daily fix )  ::)

and good night David. Sweet dreams. :D  :D
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'