Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4596587 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8230 on: September 24, 2008, 11:09:18 am »
In a pinch those ink erasers were very good for cleaning oxidation off brass model railroad track.  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #8231 on: September 24, 2008, 12:14:20 pm »
In a pinch those ink erasers were very good for cleaning oxidation off brass model railroad track.  :)

Hints from Heloise Jeff

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #8232 on: September 24, 2008, 02:37:19 pm »
And look!!!

Next Wednesday, Brokeback Mountain is on Belgian tv, for the first time!! At last.

There was a nice big picture in my tv/current affairs magazine. The movie got the highest score of 4 stars. It's described as 'a superb, sensitive drama with a sophisticated pace and devastatingly beautiful, subdues performances'.  :)

Hey Bud!  That's great!  Maybe we'll attract some new Belgian Brokies as a result of this exposure for BBM!
 :D

I hope the TV station there doesn't edit the film like happened here on Bravo at first.  :-\

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #8233 on: September 24, 2008, 03:20:52 pm »
Guess what we just had? - French Toast for dinner! :)

I know it's a breakfast dish, but it was "Leslie cooks American" tonight and French Toast was my wish. I LOVE it. It tasted just as good as I remembered it.
And the best thing is, now I can do it on my own. Leslie described every single step to me, and it's not difficult. Now I can have French Toast whenever I want :D.

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #8234 on: September 24, 2008, 03:27:52 pm »
I love french toast.

You don't have french toast in Germany Chrissi? What do you do with your stale bread?

My kids love french toast too. It's a bit of a treat for us. We don't have it very often.

What do you put on it? Sugar? Sirop?
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #8235 on: September 24, 2008, 03:29:41 pm »

I know it's a breakfast dish, but it was "Leslie cooks American" tonight and French Toast was my wish. I LOVE it. It tasted just as good as I remembered it.
And the best thing is, now I can do it on my own. Leslie described every single step to me, and it's not difficult. Now I can have French Toast whenever I want :D.

I wanted to make fruit salad and sausage patties to go with the French toast and give her the real American experience. However, Chrissi told me that no one (except me) would eat fruit salad and apparently, something like Jimmy Dean's sausage is unheard of here. So, all we had was French toast but I was able to persuade Chrissi to buy a bottle of maple syrup to go with it!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline oilgun

« Reply #8236 on: September 24, 2008, 03:49:30 pm »
I wanted to make fruit salad and sausage patties to go with the French toast and give her the real American experience. However, Chrissi told me that no one (except me) would eat fruit salad and apparently, something like Jimmy Dean's sausage is unheard of here. So, all we had was French toast but I was able to persuade Chrissi to buy a bottle of maple syrup to go with it!

L

The sweetest French Toast I ever had was in Mexico City.  The bread is dipped in the egg mixture and fried and then it's dipped in raw sugar before serving.  You then smother with Maple syrop. Yum!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #8237 on: September 24, 2008, 03:54:58 pm »
The sweetest French Toast I ever had was in Mexico City.  The bread is dipped in the egg mixture and fried and then it's dipped in raw sugar before serving.  You then smother with Maple syrop. Yum!

Now that sounds really, really good!
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #8238 on: September 24, 2008, 03:57:32 pm »
I just googled 'patties' and apparently they're some kind of pastry. I'm guessing that a sausag pattie is a pastry roll with a sausage in it?

So you would have that with french toast? Or would the french toast be like a kind of 'dessert' after the hearty pattie?

'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #8239 on: September 24, 2008, 03:57:47 pm »

Wow!  Now that's amazing, because I had French toast last night for dinner too!   :o :o

I made it with Challah bread.  Yummmmmmmmmm!!!

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie