Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4595693 times)

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8260 on: September 25, 2008, 10:06:59 am »
This discussion reminds me of Rochester, home of The Garbage Plate:

I don't even want to know what's in it!

And of course the shame of Québec, Poutine:

You have to be drunk to enjoy this mixture of French fries, cheese curds and gravy...

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #8261 on: September 25, 2008, 12:02:33 pm »
You have to be drunk to enjoy this mixture of French fries, cheese curds and gravy...

Hmm. Can't say I've ever had french fries with cheese curds (cottage cheese?) and gravy, but french fries with melted cheese and gravy are pretty good!  :D

Of course, the melted "cheese" has to be Velveeta, or Cheese Wiz, or something perfectly awful like that.  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8262 on: September 25, 2008, 12:11:39 pm »
Hmm. Can't say I've ever had french fries with cheese curds (cottage cheese?) and gravy, but french fries with melted cheese and gravy are pretty good!  :D

Of course, the melted "cheese" has to be Velveeta, or Cheese Wiz, or something perfectly awful like that.  ;D

From Wikipedia:  Cheese curds are the fresh curds of cheese, often cheddar. They are generally available in retail stores operated at cheese factories throughout the countries of Canada and the United States (especially in USA's Upstate New York, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Canada's provinces of Ontario, and Quebec, where they can be found in many grocery stores.) Cheese curds are little-known in locations without cheese factories, because they should ideally be eaten within hours of manufacture.

Their flavor is mild with about the same firmness as cheese, but has a springy or rubbery texture. Fresh curds squeak against the teeth when bitten into, which some would say is their defining characteristic. Cheese curds are sometimes referred to as "Squeaky cheese." They are sometimes somewhat salty. The American variety are usually yellow or orange in color, like most American cheddar cheese. Other varieties, such as the Québécois and New York variety, can be roughly the same color as white cheddar cheese.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheese_curds

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #8263 on: September 25, 2008, 12:41:18 pm »

regular american works just as well!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #8264 on: September 25, 2008, 12:47:15 pm »
Speaking of cheddar cheese, that is one thing I am craving (and can't find) here in Europe. Right now, before dinner, a few Triscuits and cheddar cheese, with a glass of wine...hmmmm, nice end to the day.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #8265 on: September 25, 2008, 01:28:08 pm »
Speaking of cheddar cheese, that is one thing I am craving (and can't find) here in Europe. Right now, before dinner, a few Triscuits and cheddar cheese, with a glass of wine...hmmmm, nice end to the day.

L

Chedda seems to be a Bitish thing but not the est of Europe.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #8266 on: September 25, 2008, 01:39:42 pm »

regular american works just as well!

With french fries and gravy? I'm sure it "works," but I doubt it has quite the degree of awfulness of Cheeze Whiz or Velveeta!  :laugh:

I guess you really do need to be in a cheese=producing region to get the curds.  :-\
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #8267 on: September 25, 2008, 02:08:30 pm »
With french fries and gravy? I'm sure it "works," but I doubt it has quite the degree of awfulness of Cheeze Whiz or Velveeta!  :laugh:

lol!  I guess you have a point there!   :laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #8268 on: September 25, 2008, 05:37:42 pm »
Does it seem to you like the world has taken a sudden left turn into the bizarre and surreal??? Anyway, it's refreshing to take a little trip to BetterMost where people are the same as ever, debating the merits of this or that type of cheese!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #8269 on: September 25, 2008, 07:06:04 pm »
Does it seem to you like the world has taken a sudden left turn into the bizarre and surreal??? Anyway, it's refreshing to take a little trip to BetterMost where people are the same as ever, debating the merits of this or that type of cheese!!

Remember your "Fish Taco" thread Lee? I still have a good laugh every time I think of it! That was one of the craziest (and most popular) threads we've ever had I think! :laugh:

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.