Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4595673 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #9240 on: January 15, 2009, 10:30:05 pm »
temps are dropping here........down to 19 now.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #9241 on: January 15, 2009, 11:16:35 pm »
We've got 15*F right now, Optom3. It's pretty cold. But no precipitation. I still am not wearing a coat--but I keep one in the trunk of the car.  :P

It's 40 there? Put your cocoa mix and marshmallows on an endcap!  ;D

You are spot on there. Tonight I had 3 people in asking where the cocoa was. There has also been a big increase in chilli spice and bean sales. !!!
 I was lucky that I had bought in a load of marshmallows from big lots, which had been reduced down by 70% from Halloween. Someone must have been guiding me.
I  am becomming a bit of a local celebrity with my accent. There are a whole load of guys who come in daily for their lunch, to hear me talk !!!!
Now I need to get them to buy a little bit more than just chips and sodas !!!

How weird is that ?

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #9242 on: January 15, 2009, 11:22:04 pm »
Americans love British accents Fiona. I'm sure nearly all your customers love to hear you talk. It's just that those guys are more vocal in letting you know about it. :)

I wish I had some cocoa around here. I'd go out and buy some but I've been hearing about peoples' cars stalling out on the roads due to the cold weather. So I'll just stay here and bundle up under a blanket.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #9243 on: January 15, 2009, 11:30:12 pm »
You are spot on there. Tonight I had 3 people in asking where the cocoa was. There has also been a big increase in chilli spice and bean sales. !!!
 I was lucky that I had bought in a load of marshmallows from big lots, which had been reduced down by 70% from Halloween. Someone must have been guiding me.
I  am becomming a bit of a local celebrity with my accent. There are a whole load of guys who come in daily for their lunch, to hear me talk !!!!
Now I need to get them to buy a little bit more than just chips and sodas !!!

How weird is that ?

One of the local grocery stores in my area makes sandwiches from the meat counter---sliced bologna, ham, cheese, etc., for the lunch crowd. Do you have room for a couple of tables and some chairs in the deli area? I say this knowing that you don't have time for that. But, if you have a helper at that time.....

Yeah. I think people around here would go in to listen to an English accent too. Maybe I need to go over to England and waitress..do you think they'd tip well for a southern accent---even if I spill the water and drop the fish and chips?  :P 8)
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline optom3

« Reply #9244 on: January 15, 2009, 11:41:23 pm »
Americans love British accents Fiona. I'm sure nearly all your customers love to hear you talk. It's just that those guys are more vocal in letting you know about it. :)

I wish I had some cocoa around here. I'd go out and buy some but I've been hearing about peoples' cars stalling out on the roads due to the cold weather. So I'll just stay here and bundle up under a blanket.

Just stay inside warm and cosy. If you have no cocoa,  a hot toddy would work just as well. Scotch whisky, (no "e ") a little hot water !!! Drink enough and you will not care what is going on outside !!

If you absoloutely have to, you could try whisky with an "e" but only if you become desperate. !!

My favourite guy comes in every day.He is so cute he makes me blush. His opening line is, if all the girls over there look like you, we should build a bridge.How cute is that.?

Offline optom3

« Reply #9245 on: January 15, 2009, 11:52:30 pm »
One of the local grocery stores in my area makes sandwiches from the meat counter---sliced bologna, ham, cheese, etc., for the lunch crowd. Do you have room for a couple of tables and some chairs in the deli area? I say this knowing that you don't have time for that. But, if you have a helper at that time.....

Yeah. I think people around here would go in to listen to an English accent too. Maybe I need to go over to England and waitress..do you think they'd tip well for a southern accent---even if I spill the water and drop the fish and chips?  :P 8)

Yes I do actually. Every time someone says how cute my accent is. I inevitably reply,"I love your accent too" It seems, don't shoot me, very "gone with the wind" to my ears.
I just love the southern accent. It also helps when it is a big strapping black guy, with muscles on muscles.!!! I look at the size of their feet and nearly pass out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My advice, is get to London and work in one of the bars/restaurants that are the haunts of the city boys. They get very drunk and tip very well, it is a sort of showy thing. Who can tip the most.How do I know, my husband used to be one of them !!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #9246 on: January 15, 2009, 11:58:58 pm »
Just stay inside warm and cosy. If you have no cocoa,  a hot toddy would work just as well. Scotch whisky, (no "e ") a little hot water !!! Drink enough and you will not care what is going on outside !!

If you absoloutely have to, you could try whisky with an "e" but only if you become desperate. !!

My favourite guy comes in every day.He is so cute he makes me blush. His opening line is, if all the girls over there look like you, we should build a bridge.How cute is that.?

That is a cute answer! But you know what? It's not a bad idea! I wonder if they will ever build one?

My friends in Michigan and Wisconsin think I sound Southern. My friends in Kentucky and Tennessee just think I sound weird.

It's called a "Hoosier twang" and it's a whole separate animal from the rest of the Midwestern accents. We are very weird here. :laugh:

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #9247 on: January 16, 2009, 09:43:09 am »
It was 14 F when I left home this morning. At least it's sunny.

I was wearing so many layers I was afraid I'd split my pants!  :laugh:
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #9248 on: January 16, 2009, 11:47:36 am »

It's -5 right now in Pittsburgh, and the wind chill is between -15 and -20! They say the high today will be +7.  Yikes!

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #9249 on: January 16, 2009, 12:26:46 pm »

It's -5 right now in Pittsburgh, and the wind chill is between -15 and -20! They say the high today will be +7.  Yikes!

You and all living through the current sold spell on your side of the ocean have my sympathy. I already said on another thread that everything with a - in front of it and measured in F is shocking to me. :o

Here's plenty of hot cocoa for all: