Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4596584 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #9550 on: February 26, 2009, 09:55:33 am »
Hiya Jeff!

sounds close to the weather that we have.....however, snow showers are predicted for Sunday.  lol

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #9551 on: February 26, 2009, 11:19:20 am »
Snow showers are predicted for Sunday.  lol

For here, too.  :-\
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #9552 on: February 26, 2009, 03:03:20 pm »
Do you kno I was at work yesterday and there was one of the girls at the printer who sits at the oher side of the office - and I amost said to her she had got printer ink on herslef but I remebered what day it was before I said anything!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #9553 on: February 26, 2009, 08:23:42 pm »
Remember the Feast of St. Blaise? We'd all go to Mass and get our throats blessed! ::)

On Ash Wednesday at my school (Catholic) we'd have to leave our ashes on until we got home. Everyone would be walking around school with a black smear on their foreheads. It was a bit comical actually... now that I think about it. :-\

OMG!  I remember getting my throat blessed but that Saint doesn't ring a bell. 

St. Blaise Day - Get yer Throats Blessed!

Today is one of my favorite feast days of the Church. St. Blaise, an Armenian Bishop was martyred for the faith by order of the Emperor Licinius, who wanted all Christians killed.

As he was being led away to prison a young boy was brought before him choking on a fish bone and Blaise cured him immediately. (Some jokingly refer to St. Blaise as the Saint of the Heimilich manuever. Regardless, the miracle that is attributed to him lives on each February 3 when churches offer a blessing of the throats to all who ask for it. Two candles (Unlit!) are placed against the throat and the following blessing is invoked:

Through the intercession of St. Blaise, bishop and martyr, may you be free of every ailment of the throat and from every other evil. In the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

A little known legend about St. Blaise: He is also the patron saint of wild animals. Much of what we hear about St Blaise surrounds his persecution. And that gives us this story. When the persecution of Christians began Blaise received a message from God to flee to the h.ills. Hunters discovered him in a cave surrounded by wild animals who were sick but Blaise walked among them unafraid and cured them of their illnesses. The hunters however, considered Blaise to be a better catch than the animals themselves. On the way back, however Blaise talked a wolf into releasing a pig. It turns out that the pig was the livelihood of a poor woman, who was thus saved from abject poverty by his action. Ironically, Blaise was sentenced to be starved to death. The woman, in gratitude, however, sneaked into the prison with food and candles, keeping Blaise temporarily sustained. Blaise was beheaded by the governor.

So today let us pray for those who care for animals and take care of them--especially animals that are not household pets. In these cold winter months, may we also ask St Blaise to pray on behalf of those who suffer from throat ailments.

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #9554 on: February 26, 2009, 08:44:06 pm »
Congrats to Katie/Sue on 5,000 saucy Aussie posts!

Gee thanks Paul, I only noticed today that I was over the big 5000....

People always say I can talk underwater with a mouth full of marbles....I guess 5000 posts sure is proof of that.

What a bloody great journey its been...
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #9555 on: February 27, 2009, 12:21:37 am »
Gee thanks Paul, I only noticed today that I was over the big 5000....

People always say I can talk underwater with a mouth full of marbles....I guess 5000 posts sure is proof of that.

What a bloody great journey its been...

Congratulations Sue on your 5.000 post achievement! :-*

It's fun to think some of those posts were made while you and I were joking and kidding with each other and having fun. :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #9556 on: February 27, 2009, 12:24:40 am »
OMG!  I remember getting my throat blessed but that Saint doesn't ring a bell. 

Yup, it was St. Blaise. But I never knew about his being the patron saint of wild animals! Thanks for posting that article. :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #9557 on: February 27, 2009, 09:37:00 am »
Good morning! It's a lovely 55 F in Philadelphia this morning, sunny now, but rain due in later today. Temp. is forecast to go all the way into the mid-60s F today.  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #9558 on: February 27, 2009, 10:51:34 am »
Yup, it was St. Blaise. But I never knew about his being the patron saint of wild animals! Thanks for posting that article. :)

St. Blaise is lucky to be a Saint because performing the Heimlich manoeuvre wouldn't get him canonized today.  :laugh:
I think it's time to cull the herd again and get rid of more of the suspect Saints.  ;)

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #9559 on: February 27, 2009, 08:25:48 pm »
Hiya everyone!

Hope y'all had a good day!  ;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!