Author Topic: Creating the Bit Part of the Tough Bartender  (Read 18429 times)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
Re: Creating the Bit Part of the Tough Bartender
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2009, 12:39:59 pm »
Actually, Ang asked that I "not be so mean" after one of my takes! The scene kind of evolved as it went along   :)

The newspaper article was another funny thing - Mr. Hobson misquoted me a number of times but the general gist was there.

What was completely true is what an amazingly nice guy Ang Lee is - for a person of his renown he was one of the kindest people I have ever met!

Several years later it's good to read discussions like this and remember what a great experience Brokeback was - despite the fact that it was a small part.

Cheers!

Dan

Dan, it's wonderful to have you as a member of BetterMost!  Thanks so much for telling us about your experiences with Ang and Jake.  As you can tell, no detail is too small for us to be interested in it.  I hope you come back often.  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline raynman59

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2009, 03:43:24 am »
Milo - film is cool ... but can make for long days - I agree about commercials!!! The gift that keeps on giving!! I did one for ENMAX energy and it was a blast. Drag about the dreads - man - I would love to grow some - but then I'd look like I wanted to join Counting Crows or something!! Glad it worked out for you! There's clips of some of my commercials on my music site: www.myspace.com/cameljoeblake .... nice hearing from you!!

Dan

Offline raynman59

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2009, 03:46:32 am »
Thanks also to Meryl and Ranger!!

Pleased to have come across this site!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2009, 08:42:56 am »
ENMAX is working on a great power project at Crossfield just north of Calgary that will use some renewable energy. Glad to hear you are working with them!
"chewing gum and duct tape"