Author Topic: Re: Notes for Janice!!  (Read 439216 times)

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
Re: Notes for Janice!!
« Reply #170 on: January 22, 2008, 01:11:29 am »
Here he go.

I'm loving the Rod Stewart concert here, Janice. He's the mega rockstar, huh? I still have several of his albums -- I like the one that looks like a shot glass.

Did you see Rod kicking around the soccer ball with Ronnie in the Faces vid.  Yeah, if you are a fan then you know that his first love was soccer..But he wasnt as good at soccer as he was to rockin.  I saw him at the Cow Palace in San Fransisco back in the '70's.  Have no albums though.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #171 on: January 22, 2008, 12:45:16 pm »
           Good morning Bettermost.  I hope you all had a wonderful night..      So sad about Jackie(Painted Shoes)  She
is a very wonderful lady.  If you could all keep her in your prayers, that would be great.  of course along with all of our
friends who have family or friends that are battling all the different diseases and physical issues.  We need to also keep
the persons that care for thim in our hearts as well.  Dealing with such issues is a very difficult task indeed.  it saps the
life energy from them as well...................So i will try and hold all of these people in my heart and prayers, and good
thoughts for everyone...................................((((((((((((((((((((((((((DEAR FRIENDS)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #172 on: January 22, 2008, 12:58:11 pm »
Will Be Blood"; Johnny Depp, "Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street"; Tommy Lee Jones, "In the Valley of Elah"; Viggo Mortensen, "Eastern Promises."

3. Actress: Cate Blanchett, "Elizabeth: The Golden Age"; Julie Christie, "Away From Her"; Marion Cotillard, "La Vie en Rose"; Laura Linney, "The Savages"; Ellen Page, "Juno."

4. Supporting Actor: Casey Affleck, "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford"; Javier Bardem, "No Country for Old Men"; Hal Holbrook, "Into the Wild"; Philip Seymour Hoffman, "Charlie Wilson's War"; Tom Wilkinson, "Michael Clayton."

5. Supporting Actress: Cate Blanchett, "I'm Not There"; Ruby Dee, "American Gangster"; Saoirse Ronan, "Atonement"; Amy Ryan, "Gone Baby Gone"; Tilda Swinton, "Michael Clayton."

6. Director: Julian Schnabel, "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly"; Jason Reitman, "Juno"; Tony Gilroy, "Michael Clayton"; Joel Coen and Ethan Coen, "No Country for Old Men"; Paul Thomas Anderson, "There Will Be Blood."

7. Foreign Film: "Beaufort," Israel; "The Counterfeiters," Austria; "Katyn," Poland; "Mongol," Kazakhstan; "12," Russia.

8. Adapted Screenplay: Christopher Hampton, "Atonement"; Sarah Polley, "Away from Her"; Ronald Harwood, "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly"; Joel Coen & Ethan Coen, "No Country for Old Men"; Paul Thomas Anderson, "There Will Be Blood."

9. Original Screenplay: Diablo Cody, "Juno"; Nancy Oliver, "Lars and the Real Girl"; Tony Gilroy, "Michael Clayton"; Brad Bird, Jan Pinkava and Jim Capobianco, "Ratatouille"; Tamara Jenkins, "The Savages."

10. Animated Feature Film: "Persepolis"; "Ratatouille"; "Surf's Up."

11. Art Direction: "American Gangster," "Atonement," "The Golden Compass," "Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street," "There Will Be Blood."

12. Cinematography: "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford," "Atonement," "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly," "No Country for Old Men," "There Will Be Blood."

13. Sound Mixing: "The Bourne Ultimatum," "No Country for Old Men," "Ratatouille," "3:10 to Yuma," "Transformers."

14. Sound Editing: "The Bourne Ultimatum," "No Country for Old Men," "Ratatouille," "There Will Be Blood," "Transformers."

15. Original Score: "Atonement," Dario Marianelli; "The Kite Runner," Alberto Iglesias; "Michael Clayton," James Newton Howard; "Ratatouille," Michael Giacchino; "3:10 to Yuma," Marco Beltrami.

16. Original Song: "Falling Slowly" from "Once," Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova; "Happy Working Song" from "Enchanted," Alan Menken and Stephen Schwartz; "Raise It Up" from "August Rush," Nominees to be determined; "So Close" from "Enchanted," Alan Menken and Stephen Schwartz; "That's How You Know" from "Enchanted," Alan Menken and Stephen Schwartz.

17. Costume: "Across the Universe," "Atonement," "Elizabeth: The Golden Age," "La Vie en Rose," "Sweeney Todd the Demon Barber of Fleet Street."

(Story Continues On Next Page...)

Page 1 of 2   Next

here is the list of nominations for this years Academy Awards...

Beautiful mind

Scott6373

« Reply #173 on: January 22, 2008, 12:58:54 pm »
           Good morning Bettermost.  I hope you all had a wonderful night..      So sad about Jackie(Painted Shoes)  She
is a very wonderful lady.  If you could all keep her in your prayers, that would be great.  of course along with all of our
friends who have family or friends that are battling all the different diseases and physical issues.  We need to also keep
the persons that care for thim in our hearts as well.  Dealing with such issues is a very difficult task indeed.  it saps the
life energy from them as well...................So i will try and hold all of these people in my heart and prayers, and good
thoughts for everyone...................................((((((((((((((((((((((((((DEAR FRIENDS)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Thank you Janice.  Love you

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #174 on: January 22, 2008, 12:59:02 pm »

Mornin Mamma,
Thanks for the prayers and well wishes!
I know everyone going through medical issues appreciates it!
 :-*  :-*
Sure do love you!! ;D
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #175 on: January 22, 2008, 01:00:17 pm »
(...Story Continued from Previous Page)

18. Documentary Feature: "No End in Sight," "Operation Homecoming: Writing the Wartime Experience," "Sicko," "Taxi to the Dark Side," "War/Dance."

19. Documentary (short subject): "Freeheld," "La Corona (The Crown)," "Salim Baba," "Sari's Mother."

20. Film Editing: "The Bourne Ultimatum," "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly," "Into the Wild," "No Country for Old Men," "There Will Be Blood."

21. Makeup: "La Vie en Rose," "Norbit," "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End."

22. Animated Short Film: "I Met the Walrus," "Madame Tutli-Putli," "Meme Les Pigeons Vont au Paradis (Even Pigeons Go to Heaven)," "My Love (Moya Lyubov)," "Peter & the Wolf."

23. Live Action Short Film: "At Night," "Il Supplente (The Substitute)," "Le Mozart des Pickpockets (The Mozart of Pickpockets)," "Tanghi Argentini," "The Tonto Woman."

24. Visual Effects: "The Golden Compass," "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End," "Transformers."

————

Academy Award winners previously announced this year:

HONORARY AWARD (Oscar statuette): Robert Boyle

I hope we still care to see this. ??

Source Msn Entertainment Guide

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #176 on: January 22, 2008, 01:25:24 pm »

Now on a lighter note;

Kittie roar in a boot
                       [youtube=425,350] 
&feature=bz302  [/youtube]

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #177 on: January 22, 2008, 03:10:47 pm »

....................... . WE SHOULD ALL HAVE THIS MUCH JOY AND BRIGHTNESS TO SEND TO THE WORLD.....................

[youtube=425,350] 
&feature=bz302   [/youtube]

Beautiful mind

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• Love is a force of nature
« Reply #178 on: January 22, 2008, 03:24:42 pm »
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #179 on: January 22, 2008, 03:57:15 pm »
          Seriously Though here is a song from one of my favorite albums...i love this love this.  Couldnt say how many
times i have listened to it over the last two years..........
                                                       Besame Mucho
                          [youtube=425,350]  
&feature=related   [/youtube]   

This is the song i should have asked Scott to put on his album...................................  ahhhhhhhhh  swoon

Beautiful mind