Author Topic: Re: Notes for Janice!!  (Read 439214 times)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Notes for Janice!!
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2008, 12:59:26 pm »

People with Grandparents still living.

As I am ever trying it seems.  These days as to find anything that i could put here that would interest
others...

I was over at Trumans place, and he posted a notice about his friend that had died.. An older man
who had evidently lived a rather colorful life.  It set me to thinking...I wonder if they had ever set a tape,
and asked him questions about his life.  Thereby having a recording forever of the man and his thoughts and
feelings. 
      I had a grandmother who I was very connected to.  She used to have me come and visit during summers, and we used to do her sewing and craft things together.. She was a prize winning crochet maker.  She tatted and made lace as well.  She made beautiful handmade quilts, and told many many stories..Old stories, that
I never heard from anyone else.  She had this one very long poem that she used to tell about a little girl at
her grandmothers house...Of course I always asked her to tell me that one...at least once while i was there.
      So back on topic...I just have wished and wished over the years since she passed.  That I had of made a
recording of her and that story...as well as many other things she used to tell me.
      She was the one that had first told me the story of Cynthia Ann Parker, and her son Quanah Parker.  She
was a teacher and knew all the family history as well...Now that she is gone, There is only sketches in my
mind of it all.  A recording would have been so valuable...Plus just to hear her voice again would be like
magic.. I dont even have a recording of my mother either....Those are irreplacable things..So if you get the
chance and are so inclined..maybe it would be a good thing for you to do also...

Sure wish I could have...That was before the electronic wave, and it wasnt so easily done.

Beautiful mind

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2008, 01:23:20 pm »
Wonderful advice, Janice. Years ago I made a video of my grandmother and her sisters talking about times when they were kids. There are occasional fits of laughter that only the sisters shared. No crying. Even tho they lived through hard times with a mother who died in childbirth and a mean alcoholic father. My grandmother didn't cry. She sometimes told me that she wished she could cry.

I'm so thankful to have the video, so good for suggesting it, Janice.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

injest

« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2008, 01:59:20 pm »
that is a good idea, Janice. One thing I have noticed that I already regret is that there are very very few pics of me growing up. My son has some bitterness toward my siblings and mother about it.....because they never had the idea that someone would want to know what I looked like growing up. So from about ten til after I was married there are about six pics of me. I guess it was a good thing I was never kidnapped or anything....they would have been hard pressed to find a pic to put on the poster! LOL!

Of course now I am the photographer in the family but since he has started asking I have tried to make a point of including a picture of myself in every situation.

On a side note; I wish I knew how to TAT!!

injest

« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2008, 03:37:07 pm »
hey!! You are supposed to be asleep!!

you have not been to bed at all have you!

>:( >:(

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2008, 04:00:17 pm »

No.  You would never believe what a bunch of connect the dot things i have been doing...A one of those'
oh i need to do that before going to sleep things...and one led to another and then another,,,you get the
idea..".so thats how come me ta end up here."  ahha

Besides it could be raining...oh yeah it is raining...

NITE ALL....I AM GOING TO BE NOW..BACK LATER....SMOOCH

Beautiful mind

injest

« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2008, 04:01:18 pm »

No.  You would never believe what a bunch of connect the dot things i have been doing...A one of those'
oh i need to do that before going to sleep things...and one led to another and then another,,,you get the
idea..".so thats how come me ta end up here."  ahha

well get yourself to bed for a while so you can come back and entertain me tonight (and yes it IS all about me... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:)

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
Happy BBM Anniversary, Janice!!
« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2008, 11:22:13 pm »
I hope you are enjoying your evening!
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2008, 05:47:10 am »

I did and i am...Then Ken went out and got chinese food..Yummy ...hit the spot,,

I almost called you Lynne...I figured you were out honky tonkin or some such and didnt want to be bothered.........   ((((hugs to all)))))  Had a great time in chat, Me, JoeAnn, Jess, Jack Stephens, and Steve Tampatalon...great fun...covered nearly every conceivable subject...

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2008, 09:17:33 am »

i am wanting to give this video to all the great friends I have made these past two years.....

I miss you now.     

[youtube=425,350]   
&feature=related      [/youtube]

Beautiful mind

Offline BelAir

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2008, 11:02:13 am »
That's a great video Janice!
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."