Author Topic: Re: Notes for Janice!!  (Read 439210 times)

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Notes for Janice!!
« Reply #500 on: June 17, 2009, 11:12:38 pm »
Janice, this is GREAT music!!!!

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #501 on: June 17, 2009, 11:58:38 pm »

Well thanks pal.   Music is my drug.  I love all kinds and all years.  If its good its good.  Period.

Glad you approve...I hope more people will enjoy it too..

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #502 on: June 18, 2009, 05:38:26 am »
The new hit group in Europe..................

Ill Devo....................Mama

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW3u9-ytxFY&NR=1 [/youtube]

Beautiful mind

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #503 on: June 19, 2009, 11:25:31 am »

Well thanks pal.   Music is my drug.  I love all kinds and all years.  If its good its good.  Period.

Glad you approve...I hope more people will enjoy it too..

Same here Janice. Music has always been my drug from the time I was born I think. I too like all kinds of music from all kinds of years. There is music I like from before I was born to what is out right now. Some people think that is unusual, but I never got stuck in a certain music time period. I know a lot of people still listen to the exact same music they listened to in high school and they know nothing about what came before or after. I like many of the songs from when I was in high school, but I sure did not get stuck there. That would be boring to just listen to those same songs over and over and over again. My early jobs were in record stores and my goal was to own a record store. That never happened, but I would have been good at it. When I worked at Sears in the record/stereo/tv department our record area became the top music place in the whole city. I had this ability to name a song from one or two words the customers would give me and I was right at least 99% of the time. Speaking of that, I heard a song in a restuarant in Chicago that I am trying to figure out who did it. This song is very old and definitely before my time. I have found the name of it which is "Somewhere Beyond The Sea" and it is a female who is singing it. I have been able to locate the song, but it always lists Bobby Darin as the singer and occassionally Frank Sinatra; however, the one I heard was definitely a female. It could be Billie Holiday, possibly. Does anyone out there know what I am talking about?

And Janice, I am so GLAD that you are posting a lot again here at Bettermost!!!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 08:41:25 pm by ifyoucantfixit »

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #504 on: June 19, 2009, 08:43:41 pm »

I am not sure who you are talking about...I grew up with it by Bobby Darin.   His movie about his life is named that,
I always thought he wrote it...  It wasnt his biggest hit even...I think that was Mac the Knife..  I still love that one...
Makes me think maybe I could find one of that...............love it to death.......

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #505 on: June 20, 2009, 04:52:30 am »

Comcast.Net Chat w/Adam Lambert Transcript  ,  Thursday June l8,

Comcast.Net Chat w/Adam Lambert Transcript
Here's the transcript from the chat Adam Lambert just had over on comcast.net!

3:47 Victor Balta: Hi, everyone! Welcome to our live chat with Adam Lambert! We'll get started at 4 p.m. ET/1 p.m. PT, but go ahead and start submitting your questions/comments for Adam. We're expecting a bit crowd today, so please be patient as we try to get through as many questions as possible in our 30 minutes with Adam.

3:50 Moderator: Hi Everyone. We're looking forward to reading your questions and we're doing our best to get them answered. Please do NOT submit the same question more than once. It does not increase the likelihood of it getting asked and it creates a backlog. We will consider it spamming and we all know what happens to spam.

3:57 Victor Balta: You guys are firing off a mass of questions! Please be patient... we're trying to get through them as the moderator is working to find the best ones!

3:57 Victor Balta: Just a few more minutes...

4:04 Victor Balta: We're still waiting for Adam, folks... he's being pulled from tour rehearsals to do this chat, so please be patient.

4:06 [Comment From Cynthia] Thanks Victor. Glamberts are not known for their patience, but we'll try :-)

4:06 Victor Balta: LOL

4:09 Victor Balta: Here we go.... welcome, Adam Lambert....

4:09 Adam Lambert: Hey, guys... thanks for coming online today! I'm so, so excited to be able to talk to you.

4:09 [Comment From Ace (ontdai)] Adam, can you verify that your twitter is real?

4:09 [Comment From ontdai] Are you therealglambert on Twitter?

4:09 Adam Lambert: It is TheRealGlambert... that is me... Finally I got a Twitter!

4:10 [Comment From totl] When asked about what it's like to see you perform live, Kris referred to you as "mind-blowing". How would you describe Kris?

4:10 Adam Lambert: Hmm... tranquil... and I'm trying to think of the right word... and heartfelt.

4:10 [Comment From Melanie] Hi Adam! What was your favorite outfit that you wore during American

4:11 Adam Lambert: Haha... probably the outfit for... I loved the suit that I wore during Disco week. It's a Roberto Cavalli suit, and it's just wonderful.

4:11 [Comment From Judi] I love your positive outlook and “attitude of gratitude” demeanor. Have you always lived your life with this outlook, or did it develop over time? What do you do for yourself to help you maintain such a positive outlook on life?

4:12 Adam Lambert: It kind of did develop over time. You grow older and you realize how lucky you are to be in certain situations based on your hindsight and perspective. And whenever I feelt myself slipping at all or getting into a negative headspace, I remind myself of people who don't have what they want or don't feel as free as I've felt of late. And that makes me feel how fortunate I am.

4:12 [Comment From Catherine] I know it's way early, but have you thought about what the name of your first album was going to be? Do you have any ideas yet?

4:12 Adam Lambert: It is a bit early. I'm fond of the idea of taking a line from a song that's going to be on the album and taking the title from that. But it's still early. We're just starting the writing process. It'll be provocative, nonetheless.

4:12 [Comment From Kelly] How would you classify your music genre or is it a blend of many?

4:13 Adam Lambert: I think it's a blend of many. I don't think that I fit into one category, so I am inspired by many different kinds of music, so I hope to create, like, a fusion.

4:13 [Comment From Tonya from"ONE" fan group] Adam, I would cut off my right arm just to meet you, will there be a meet and greet for fans on tour?

4:13 Adam Lambert: Hahaha... yeah, I believe so. I hope so. I think that after our performances, we'll definitely be signing autographs and seeing you guys and taking pictures. Because you guys are why we're here.

4:14 [Comment From Meg] All the Glamberts are hoping you give them a shout out today on this comcast. Will you say hi to the Glamberts? They have been waiting anxiously all day. I know I am one of them. IveBeenAdamized Glambert.

4:14 Adam Lambert: Yo, yo Glamberts! I love the name and thank you all for the support. You're incredible. Thank you for the presents and the letters of support.

4:14 [Comment From GangstaGlambert] Do you wear ALL the stuff Glamberts send you? I noticed you wear a lot of fan stuff that's pretty cool.

4:15 Adam Lambert: To be honest, I wear the stuff that I like! hahaha... sometimes stuff doesn't fit, sometimes the sizes are wrong, and sometimes it just doesn't go with my style. But I appreciate it all, and if I decide not to wear something, I usually give it to a friend or someone who will appreciate it, so it doesn't go to waste.

4:15 Adam Lambert: Also, it would be really cool if we could take the money spent on that stuff and donate it to charity. My closet's getting pretty full! I'm working on setting up a charity, so I'll Twitter about it very soon.

4:15 [Comment From courtneywaller] a lot of people, myself included, consider you to be quite the sex symbol, how does that feel and how do you plan to keep yourself at the sex symbol status?

4:16 Adam Lambert: It feels really strange because I don't think of myself that way... I kind of have grown up with a slight ugly duckling kind of complex. In high school, I was overweight and awkward and didn't feel sexy. In the last couple of years, I've become comfortable in my own skin, and I do feel sexy now, but not the kind of sexy you see in a mirror, but it's more of an inside-out thing. And thank you for the compliment because it makes me feel really good!

4:16 [Comment From Debi F] Hi Adam. Congrats on being named a "Sexiest bachelor"! Did you ever mess up a song while on Idol? Not that I noticed.

4:17 Adam Lambert: I hit some bunk notes, but I think I got all the lyrics right, I think. For the most part.

4:17 [Comment From kradisonfan] Will you consider doing a video diary during the tour (as David Cook did last year), so your fans can see some behind-the-scenes things? (will be even more awesome if they involve Kris & Allison!)

4:18 Adam Lambert: Yeah, we've actually begun doing that. There's a video up already on my official web site, which is adamofficial.com, and we're definitely going to be contributing more and more to that. Not only the tour, but the creation of the album and various activities I'm involved with right now.

4:18 [Comment From Tippidy] Will you be performing Ring of Fire on the Idol tour?

4:18 [Comment From Cassidy] Adam, are you going to be singing Mad World on tour?

4:18 Adam Lambert: I am performing "Mad World." I am not performing Ring of Fire.

4:18 [Comment From Allena] hi adam!! do you think being a front runner throughout the whole competition hurt you in anyway??

4:18 Adam Lambert: Not at all. No, I really enjoyed people's support, and I think it helped.

4:18 Adam Lambert: It helped get me to the finals!

4:18 [Comment From MarielaLTB01] Can you give us a line or two from a song you've written lately?

4:18 Adam Lambert: Hmmm... I actually am not allowed to! For legal purposes, but I wish I could!

4:19 [Comment From Amanda] Adam, you're awesome and I can't wait for your album. Do you have any plans on doing any duets with any of the other idols on their or your album?

4:19 [Comment From Rachel] Hey Adam! If you could do a duet with any singer, who would it be and why?

4:20 Adam Lambert: We do not have plans -- yet. But that's not to say it's not going to happen. it's all in discussion. Basically, we have to acquire a bunch of songs, then decide which songs make the album. So as we collect songs, we'll see where a duet would fit in. As far as performing with any other singers, I have a huge list, but I think Lady Gaga would be a blast to perform with. She's innovative and brave and really, really fresh.

4:20 [Comment From Glambert #3286] On the AI site stylist Miles Siggins is quoted as saying “On occasion, we had to rein (Adam) in, plead, beg, whatever … to stop him from wearing something. And to his credit, and my relief, he usually listened!” What were some of the outfits they talked you out of?

4:21 Adam Lambert: There's actually only one. And it was just the idea that was really cool, but the actual execution just felt a little bit corny. But, for the most part, Miles and Art and I collaborated like a team and we had a great time putting outfits together.

4:21 [Comment From CoconutGhosts] why did you decide to attach a butterfly to your pants on the rolling stone cover?

4:21 Adam Lambert: I did not do that, that was the stylist.

4:21 [Comment From littleblackdress] What are the tour colors for your fans?

4:22 Adam Lambert: Blue and silver... and definitely a lot of black. And bring your black nail polish and your eyeliner, people! And just sprinkle glitter all over everything!

4:22 [Comment From Paula] Who taught you to do your own eyeliner?

4:22 Adam Lambert: I taught myself. I've been doing theater for years and you have to learn how to do stage makeup in your early days, so it's not that different.

4:22 [Comment From PLANETFIERCE] Would you ever consider acting in films?

4:22 Adam Lambert: Yeah, that would be amazing. First goal is the record, maybe a music video, and touring and everything that comes with an album. Then we'll see what happens after that.

4:23 [Comment From Annie] Hi Adam. I'm a big fan...Huge fan, actually. Do you ever feel like the media blew your "crush" on Kris out of proportion? You just said that the guy was cute. It's not like you're doodling his name on your notebook.

4:23 Adam Lambert: Yeah, I think that's kind of how the rpess works. They tend to sensationalize every little thing you say, and repeat it and repeat it. Sometimes, it's like the game of telephone... what you say gets exaggerated and changed. But I find it all very funny and I'm not upset by by that at all. That's just the way it goes.

4:23 [Comment From Dragonfly] Growing up, were you ever a crazy awe-struck fan of any artist?

4:24 Adam Lambert: I was always really into Madonna and Michael Jackson. I thought they were so original and inventive and bold.

4:24 [Comment From Kayla] Do you play any instruments, or have any hobbies we might not know about?

4:24 Adam Lambert: I do not play any instruments... except my throat. I don't really have any hobbies that you guys wouldn't know about. If I can think of anything that will surprise you guys, I promise I'll let you know.

4:24 [Comment From cassie] does it bother you that everyone made your sexuality such a big deal?

4:25 Adam Lambert: It doesn't bother me. I'm sure that it's interesting to people, but I do think that we should focus more on the music, because ultimately my sexual preference really doesn't have anything to do with me as an entertainer.

4:25 [Comment From noskerdycat] Adam, in several interviews you said you want to make music with an "electronic" sound. How will you keep that from overpowering your beautiful vocals?

4:26 Adam Lambert: The electronic element is mainly for the instrumentation, it has very little to do with the vocals. You can play an acoustic bass, an electric bass or a synth bass. It's all bass. It just has to do with the sonic aesthetic. The vocals will remain very true to the kind of vocals you heard on Idol, with added layers and harmonies. There'll be a lot more depth.

4:26 [Comment From Michelle T] Hi, Adam. Watching you finally (at the age of 26 almost 27) gave me the kick in the backside that I needed to audition for Idol. Tomorrow is the big day. What one piece of advice could you pass on to me and all of the other hopefuls?

4:27 Adam Lambert: I think that you really just got to make sure you're being true to yourself. You've got to be genuine and authentic. If you're putting on an act, people won't go for it. But at the same time, make sure that you're entertaining them. It's more than your singing voice. It's the way you look, the way you talk to them, the way you make eye contact. It's about the way you communicate the lyrics to the song. Think about more than just the voice.

4:27 [Comment From Kiera] What is your response to fans who are so upset because they feel you should have won, that they are saying they will never watch American Idol again.

4:28 Adam Lambert: Well, I mean, I think that Kris won because he got more votes, fair and square. It doesn't really make much of a difference as far as my career is concerned, if you're a fan of mine. I'm still on the Idol tour. I'm working on an album, set to release in the fall. That was yesterday, let's focus on tomorrow.

4:29 [Comment From LiLisa] Hi Adam! I'm a huge fan of you. I enjoyed watching you on Idol this season. You always brought sooo much energy to the Idol stage and amazing performances. What was your favourite performance you did of the Season and why?

4:29 Adam Lambert: It's hard to name a favorite. I thought that they were all so different and really exciting to perform. I felt like Ring of Fire was really exciting because it was kind of shocking and different and unexpected. But I also had an amazing time performing Whole Lotta Love. I love that song and I love Led Zeppelin. To be able to perform a classic rock masterpiece like that on American Idol was very, very cool.

4:29 [Comment From Massie] In an interview you said you didn't get along with one person, who was that?

4:30 Adam Lambert: I did say that? I'm not going to say, because that wouldn't be very nice.

4:30 [Comment From Marq] What were your Wednesdays like could you ever take your mind off what the results would be?

4:30 Adam Lambert: I kind of just figured that if I worried about it too much it would just make myself crazy. So I kind of let go and went with the philosophy that whatever's going to happen is going to happen. The only thing I had control over was my performance. So, what will be will be. That kind of put my mind at ease.

4:31 [Comment From Jim Diamond] What should people know about you that they don't?

4:31 Adam Lambert: Haha... I think everybody knows everything.

4:31 [Comment From Seekingproof] Adam, have you ever thought about publishing your pre-idol poetry?

4:31 Adam Lambert: No, but that's an interesting idea. Maybe I should consider it.

4:31 [Comment From KellyAnn] Adam, what do you consider sexy?

4:31 Adam Lambert: Confidence, intelligence, and self-expression.

4:31 Adam Lambert: And talent.

4:32 [Comment From Lisa Smith] Hi Adam: Your fans are dying to know what kind of cologne you wear! Please reveal! Thanks, & I love you with all my heart!!

4:32 Adam Lambert: Hahaha... I wear Dior Homme.

4:32 [Comment From Pam] Will you be doing any interviews for publications that are geared more toward children to share your story and message of encouragement to embrace their differences?

4:33 Adam Lambert: I have no plans to do that at this point. If the opportunity presents itself and it's appropriate, I will take it.

4:33 [Comment From Unicorn] Will there be a giant dance number during the tour? Like disco night?

4:33 Adam Lambert: I don't think so. We're not dancing that much on tour.

4:33 [Comment From Sheryl] Question for Adam: Besides using the steam room/humidifier, drinking lots of water and texting instead of talking, what other methods or rituals do you use to maintain your voice in tiptop condition?

4:33 Adam Lambert: Throat-coat tea and honey are really great.

4:33 [Comment From Cheri] When will you be appearing on Ellen Degeneres show? Has a date been set? I don't want to miss it. 42 & loving you in Pittsburgh

4:34 Adam Lambert: A date has not been set. I know that both Ellen and myself really want to sit down and talk, so hopefully soon. Perhaps when I am promoting my album.

4:34 [Comment From Cassidy] Adam, is it true that you met Madonna? How did you meet her?

4:34 Adam Lambert: I was introduced through a mutual friend and colleague, and it was crazy. She's one of my idols. We didn't get to speak for very long, she's very busy, but she was really connected and very present, and she had some great advice about this new-found notoriety.

4:35 [Comment From Melanie] Adam, what was your favorite moment with the other idols, not shown on camera? I wish you much success and happiness, keep smiling!

4:35 Adam Lambert: I had some great talks about life with... I remember there was one night in particular after a performance night, where Kris, Lil, Anoop and I just kind of sat downstairs in the mansion and just talked about life, and I renjoyed that. I like discussions about things and sharing feelings about the way things are, and that was really memorable.

4:35 [Comment From Bowie22] Are you in an exclusive relationship right now?

4:35 Adam Lambert: No. I am dating.

4:36 [Comment From hansley] Whats the thing you regret the most in life?

4:36 Adam Lambert: I really don't have any regrets. I'm really, very, very satisfied with my life, and so far I've had a great journey and I have no regrets.

4:36 [Comment From Andres] Do you feel dissapointed on the comments that the lead singer of Kiss made about you talking too much about your sexuality?

4:37 Adam Lambert: I disagree with him. I think that by him saying people don't care in America, I think he's grossly misinformed, because that's what everybody was talking about incessently. That's why I chose to talk about it, because it was all anybody was talking about. I also find it very hypocritical, considering that he talks about his sex life constantly.

4:37 Adam Lambert: But that's ok. I think he's a very talented guy and I love Kiss.

4:37 [Comment From citizen_vain] Astrology seems very important to you. How did you become interested in it?

4:38 Adam Lambert: I've always really just found it fascinating, and when I first started reading about my sing, which is aquarius, I felt it was pretty accurate. Then, when I did my chart to find my rising and moon signs, I thought it was extremely accurate. And the more I do about other people's charts, I also saw they were very accurate. But I know we're a product of our environment, so that has to do with it, as well. We also tend to reflect the company we keep. So it's a little bit of everything.

4:39 [Comment From Beth] There are noticeable differences, mainly in melody, in some of your AI live and studio versions. Were the studio versions the way you originally intended to perform the songs on the show or were you making a conscious decision to present a distinct live version?

4:40 Adam Lambert: To be honest, a lot of the times when I sing, I have the basic melody that I rehearse with, then most of the time I just kind of improvise certain melody options and kind of go with whatever strikes me at the moment. I kind of like singing in a fly by the seat of your pants type of way. So when recording a studio version, we do multiple takes and I'll do it a bunch of different ways and the producers of the track pick what they like the best.

4:40 Victor Balta: Two more questions!

4:40 [Comment From Ace (ontdai)] Adam, how did you first discover Glamrock, and specifically Velvet Goldmine?

4:41 Adam Lambert: Haha... I was aware of who David Bowie was. My father has his records and showed me some of the cover art and I was very intrigued by somebody in 70s rock that dressed the way he did. It was very cool and inventive. Then I discovered T Rex. I don't know how I found Velvet Goldmine, but once I saw it, I was obsessed with it. I thought it was a genius movie, both in plot and also, visually and musicially. In all elements it was just really cool.

4:41 [Comment From Kelly] Are your parents shocked by your physical transformation over the years?

4:42 Adam Lambert: It's been pretty gradual, so it wasn't like an overnight thing. I think the first time I dyed my hair balck, my mom was, like, "Whoa! Really dramatic." But I've always been playing dress-up, so I don't think it was really much of a shock to them to see me experimenting with the way I look.

4:42 Adam Lambert: Thank you guys so much for chatting with me today. I'm so excited to perform for everybody live on tour this summer. Be sure you check it out. There's definitely some new music that was not on the show. And wait until you see my outfit. It rocks!

4:42 Victor Balta: Thanks, Adam!

4:43 Victor Balta: Thank you all for coming. I hope you enjoyed our live chat, and we appreciate Adam staying a little extra time due to the late arrival

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #506 on: June 20, 2009, 05:24:16 am »

`I am not one of those fans spouting this philosophy.  I think that Kris Won fair and square.  It was just

the title that the article was printed under.  At this point I dont really think it matters anymore.    He is getting

much more press, partly because of the controversy, of his sexuality.  Partly because of his voice.  He is just one

of those kinds of people right now that is generating all kinds of buzz, both good and bad.  You may love him

or you may hate him...But as W.C. Fields once said.  "I dont care what you say, long as you spell my name right. 

Its all publicity in the end." 
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 09:13:34 pm by ifyoucantfixit »

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #507 on: June 20, 2009, 05:54:06 am »
              Adam sings Led Zeppelin.............................Whole Lotta Love

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cORAUGDlsU&NR=1[/youtube]

Even though it has been disabled from the top version, its on the film list on the bottom..............
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 02:04:48 am by ifyoucantfixit »

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #508 on: June 21, 2009, 12:20:44 am »

This is just for fun..............if you dont like it...oh well...

[youtube=425,350]
&feature=related [/youtube]

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #509 on: June 21, 2009, 01:34:26 am »

This is my favorite recording of   ..........................No Boundaries

Kris and Adam duet...............

.[youtube=425,350]
&feature=related    [/youtube]

There are some awesome songs on this undercarriage by Kris too