Author Topic: Re: Notes for Janice!!  (Read 439211 times)

Scott6373

Re: Notes for Janice!!
« Reply #70 on: January 07, 2008, 02:32:36 pm »
Hey sweetheart!  How are you?

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #71 on: January 07, 2008, 07:15:54 pm »

I am very well...Hope you are the same.  I am gradually getting my hours straightened out...thank
goodness...

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #72 on: January 08, 2008, 06:00:54 am »
        I am making a direct 180 here from the type of things I usually discuss.  I wonder how many of you are
still in the league with the Writers guild now.?  Do you think that this is about big business trying to choke the
lowly writers, and not pay them their proper due.  Or is it the Big Business trying yet again to charge for things
we have previously gotten for free.  They will have the logical reason to up the prices of all different forms of
things we are using. Myfirst reaction, way back in the stone age.  When they were negotiating for the right
to put cable into effect.  They were selling shares thru investment.  In order to get working capital.  Now we
are seeing the end of free through the air television.  It will be impossible to get any television without cable,
satelite, or some such connection to the market.  Someone may correct me if i am wrong here...
       What is next.  What do we further have to be tantalized and charged for.  There is a point to where
people either are so addicted to a service, that like drug addicts they will pay whatever the server  charges.
In order to have their particular form of (crack),  be it televised shows or internet search and  conversation.
        I am sure we now pay for everything from cradle to grave.  From water and food, to disposal of our
wastes.  It is all starting to become so expensive that many people with a full time job, can not make a decent\
living, and pay for the basic needs... It is my considered opinion that if this country is fractured and destroyed.
It may and probably will have more to do with corporate greed, than any perceived opponant.  Such as Al Kaida, or Iran.  It will be from Greed..Plain and simple greed.
        We have been pampered and cajoled into desiring things we do not need.  Such as wii, and i pods, and
smaller an smaller electronics.  Fancier and fancier this or that...Not needs,but simpy things that we like. but don't really need. 
         Don't get me wrong, I am just as guilty of this greed of habit as the next person.  I am speaking to you from a laptop computer, not attached physicaly to a cable or land line.. However I wonder with the present state  of new and better gadgets.  How long can we continue to use our disposable income toward the items, without reaching further and further into the necessary items of life.??     Will we someday become just sit at home users of communication or entertainment.. having no income left to go out into the real world and meet and get to know our fellows...?     Just asking......
« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 10:13:18 am by ifyoucantfixit »

Beautiful mind

injest

« Reply #73 on: January 08, 2008, 09:11:16 am »
nodding.

I agree, Janice. One thing about the continual push for these electronics is that they expect you to just throw stuff out...disposable...everything is disposable. Even when you find something that works for any reasonable time you are 'expected' to want the new and better! And the old working model is either thrown away or left cluttering up your house.

cell phones are the worst IMO. I know people that are always getting new ones cause the new one is 'cooler'

we are a greedy people.

Offline BelAir

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #74 on: January 08, 2008, 01:07:50 pm »
        I am making a direct 180 here from the type of things I usually discuss.  I wonder how many of you are
still in the league with the Writers guild now.?  Do you think that this is about big business trying to choke the
lowly writers, and not pay them their proper due.  Or is it the Big Business trying yet again to charge for things
we have previously gotten for free.  They will have the logical reason to up the prices of all different forms of
things we are using. Myfirst reaction, way back in the stone age.  When they were negotiating for the right
to put cable into effect.  They were selling shares thru investment.  In order to get working capital.  Now we
are seeing the end of free through the air television.  It will be impossible to get any television without cable,
satelite, or some such connection to the market.  Someone may correct me if i am wrong here...
       What is next.  What do we further have to be tantalized and charged for.  There is a point to where
people either are so addicted to a service, that like drug addicts they will pay whatever the server  charges.
In order to have their particular form of (crack),  be it televised shows or internet search and  conversation.
        I am sure we now pay for everything from cradle to grave.  From water and food, to disposal of our
wastes.  It is all starting to become so expensive that many people with a full time job, can not make a decent\
living, and pay for the basic needs... It is my considered opinion that if this country is fractured and destroyed.
It may and probably will have more to do with corporate greed, than any perceived opponant.  Such as Al Kaida, or Iran.  It will be from Greed..Plain and simple greed.
        We have been pampered and cajoled into desiring things we do not need.  Such as wii, and i pods, and
smaller an smaller electronics.  Fancier and fancier this or that...Not needs,but simpy things that we like. but don't really need. 
         Don't get me wrong, I am just as guilty of this greed of habit as the next person.  I am speaking to you from a laptop computer, not attached physicaly to a cable or land line.. However I wonder with the present state  of new and better gadgets.  How long can we continue to use our disposable income toward the items, without reaching further and further into the necessary items of life.??     Will we someday become just sit at home users of communication or entertainment.. having no income left to go out into the real world and meet and get to know our fellows...?     Just asking......

I think you have the makings of a good sci fi novel!  (I mean that in a good way.)
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #75 on: January 08, 2008, 01:55:16 pm »

you may be right?  But it is so true as to deny the name fiction.

Beautiful mind

Offline BelAir

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #76 on: January 08, 2008, 02:08:32 pm »
right. but i think sometimes sci fi is like that - takes very possible future realities to the extreme to illustrate what may happen if we don't change our ways?  but I am not a real sci fi buff or anything, just blabbing more or less.
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #77 on: January 08, 2008, 08:01:05 pm »

honey i love your blabs..you know that.

Beautiful mind

Scott6373

« Reply #78 on: January 09, 2008, 11:49:31 am »

honey i love your blabs..you know that.

Her blabs are like no others :)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #79 on: January 09, 2008, 11:51:04 am »

Good day today, Bettermostians.  I dont really know what I will have to say today, so I thought I would start
the day with a cartoon..I have gotten into the political satire humor now, since the campaign is cranking up/

This one gave me quite a chuckle

It is just wonderful to see the process at work..Shoving the pollsters in the snoot and making the real differences..  Not letting the media make all the decisions.. Reading our minds before we know our own decisions.
I hope this really continues.  The race gets a full across the board decision made.  Not just the beltway boys
telling you what to think and how to want the choices that they have pre decided for you...

Beautiful mind