Author Topic: David's Shutter Bug Club  (Read 502100 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: David's Shutter Bug Club
« Reply #180 on: January 16, 2008, 12:59:17 am »
I think it was the arena...it was dark in the bottom but had strong sunlight coming down thru windows high up...

plus this camera I think is designed more for closeups. My friend has a Kodak that takes great action pics but not closeups...

let me get you an example!

Both camera SHOULD be able to handle both situations Jess. I'm not sure about your friend's Kodak (what model does he/she have?) but your Canon A530 can shoot action photos. Did you try using one of the scene modes? Sports should have worked. But the lighting coming down from the top and onto a dark arena would have made for some very challenging photo shots. No doubt about it. I'm sorry it didn't work out for you Jess. You are getting very familiar with your camera now. Maybe the next time you will have better luck. But you have a very capable camera. It's a very good one and it's designed for taking photos like this. But I'll bet you dollars to donuts MANY people's pictures probably didn't turn out that day. Very tricky lighting conditions, like I said. :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #181 on: January 16, 2008, 01:03:14 am »

:-\ :P

Those don't look bad Jess! Maybe you could touch them up a little using the Canon Zoombrowser software. Try fiddling around with it and maybe you can touch up the exposure just a little bit. Then they would be perfect! :)

injest

« Reply #182 on: January 16, 2008, 01:08:25 am »

a newborn baby cow!

one of the cows that was being shown had its baby at the show!!

injest

« Reply #183 on: January 16, 2008, 01:09:23 am »
This was NOT the daddy...

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #184 on: January 16, 2008, 01:17:21 am »

a newborn baby cow!

one of the cows that was being shown had its baby at the show!!

Awww!  :-*

I LOVE baby animals!! He's CUTE!!!

It appears he's taking a nap as he tries to figure out his new world. :)

injest

« Reply #185 on: January 16, 2008, 01:30:08 am »
His momma had to go get judged!!

Cow trivia: this doesn't bother the momma cow or the baby. Momma cows are kinda like deer. They will leave their baby in the grass and go off to graze....the baby will be still and quiet til mom comes back!

(a momma horse would be crazy if you took her away so soon! And the baby would be upset too!)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #186 on: January 16, 2008, 01:34:38 am »
His momma had to go get judged!!

Cow trivia: this doesn't bother the momma cow or the baby. Momma cows are kinda like deer. They will leave their baby in the grass and go off to graze....the baby will be still and quiet til mom comes back!

(a momma horse would be crazy if you took her away so soon! And the baby would be upset too!)

Why are they judging his momma Jess? She isn't heading off "to market" is she? :(

injest

« Reply #187 on: January 16, 2008, 01:49:06 am »
Why are they judging his momma Jess? She isn't heading off "to market" is she? :(

oh no! she is a show cow! she will be kept to breed again. This was not like a 4H show where the animals all get sold. People just brought their best animals to try to win ribbons and be the 'best'

injest

« Reply #188 on: January 16, 2008, 01:51:52 am »

I DO like this picture although you cant see the girls face....I like that the horse seems to be very interested and willing...see how his ears are up and he seems to be moving very well.

(this was shot on auto!)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #189 on: January 16, 2008, 02:13:46 am »

I DO like this picture although you cant see the girls face....I like that the horse seems to be very interested and willing...see how his ears are up and he seems to be moving very well.

(this was shot on auto!)

That is a very good picture Jess! I like the way your camera caught the spotlights around the horse and the rider. Your camera had a lot to work with in this photo.. lights, shadows, various colors and moving subjects. I think it did a very good job. Nice pic!! :)