Author Topic: David's Shutter Bug Club  (Read 502540 times)

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
Re: David's Shutter Bug Club
« Reply #260 on: January 29, 2008, 07:28:52 am »
I took this picture over at Dad's house last summer.

I don't remember the camera settings. I don't think I paid any attention to them. I don't think I paid any attention to them because I was laughing too hard.  :laugh:

I'm not saying a word, and neither should YOU!!  :laugh:

Seriously cute! We don't have squirrels in Australia. They are sooo cute. I used to love Chip 'n' Dale cartoons when I was a  child.  :)
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

injest

« Reply #261 on: January 29, 2008, 08:38:02 am »
Seriously cute! We don't have squirrels in Australia. They are sooo cute. I used to love Chip 'n' Dale cartoons when I was a  child.  :)

oh quit acting like you are so mature...I can hear you snickering all the way over here in Texas...

:laugh: ;)

mvansand76

« Reply #262 on: January 29, 2008, 08:52:06 am »
Hey sweetie, here are my pics of a Sunday walk through the dunes and on the beach in the North of Holland...

I was watching out for Jack and Ennis to appear in that last pic, it was at least 400 sheep and 100 goats...

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #263 on: January 29, 2008, 10:25:58 am »
Hey sweetie, here are my pics of a Sunday walk through the dunes and on the beach in the North of Holland...

I was watching out for Jack and Ennis to appear in that last pic, it was at least 400 sheep and 100 goats...

Thank you Melissa for posting these pictures! I saw them on your Livejournal and I thought they were beautiful! I especially love the first picture. There are many interesting things to see in this picture. Look at the mist on the pathway. And notice what looks like snow on the right side of the path, and new baby plants growing over on the left side.

I'm glad you included a picture of the animals. They are so cute!! I also love the picture of the dunes. This looks like something your boyfriend would paint!

Would you mind if I post these pictures over in the archives so they don't get buried in this thread? Then, many people can look at them and enjoy them!  :D

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 29, 2008, 05:39:31 pm »
oh quit acting like you are so mature...I can hear you snickering all the way over here in Texas...

:laugh: ;)

The only thing I know about "mature" is Victor Mature!!!   ;)  :)  (to quote a line from The Boys in the Band)

I seriously really do love little squirrels; though, I've heard they can be somewhat aggressive little critters.

P.S., I love ducks too!  :)
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 29, 2008, 05:42:05 pm »

Absolutely beautiful, Melissa. Looks like something Vincent would have painted.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #266 on: January 29, 2008, 06:03:27 pm »

I seriously really do love little squirrels; though, I've heard they can be somewhat aggressive little critters.

Ummm..... YEAH!!!! :laugh:

Let one get into your house and watch what happens! :laugh:

This has happened to me on more than one occasion! They freak out and literally start bouncing off the walls.

Yes, they are very cute animals Kerry, just as long as there is a wall or a window separating them from you!! :)

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 29, 2008, 06:17:01 pm »

Ummm..... YEAH!!!! :laugh:

Let one get into your house and watch what happens! :laugh:

This has happened to me on more than one occasion! They freak out and literally start bouncing off the walls.

Yes, they are very cute animals Kerry, just as long as there is a wall or a window separating them from you!! :)

:laugh:  I guess I'll just continue my admiration from afar!!!  ;)   :)
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #268 on: January 29, 2008, 06:28:10 pm »
:laugh:  I guess I'll just continue my admiration from afar!!!  ;)   :)

A couple of summers ago, a squirrel got trapped in the ductwork of my central air conditioning. When I removed the front of the air vent, he jumped out like a jack-in-the-box and latched on to my face. I fell over backwards off the stepstool and landed on my ass.   >:(  They've also come down my chimney a few times.

Dad has lots of squirrels at his house. He feeds them corn. He has several dozen of them. When they run out of corn, they will come up to the window, place their little front paws on the window ledge and beg with big sad eyes. it's pretty cute.

Here's a few more squirrel pictures Kerry. I think I took these the same day I took the "squirrel with statue" picture. I hope I haven't posted these already! :)

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 29, 2008, 06:58:38 pm »

:laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:  I'm laughing WITH you, David, not AT you!!!  :laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:

However, having said that, the thought of a squirrel attached to the front of your face . . . . . . . . .  :laugh:    :laugh:   :laugh:

On serious thought, though, I'm guessing they probably have sharp little claws and teeth.  ???  That wouldn't be funny!  :(
γνῶθι σεαυτόν