Author Topic: David's Shutter Bug Club  (Read 501158 times)

injest

Re: David's Shutter Bug Club
« Reply #300 on: March 03, 2008, 06:45:54 am »
Nice pictures Jess!!!

Those are really good shots of the flower. Nice use of the macro lens! Did you get down on the ground to take that picture? I often get all the way down and lay on the ground to take pictures of flowers and small animals. I get my clothes dirty sometimes, but who cares? The dirt will wash out of the clothes, and I'll have the picture forever!!

I love the pictures of the baby horse too! Aww! How cute!! When was he born? Is he a newborn in these pictures? Thanks for taking the time to post the pictures of him for all of us!!

no, those flowers were on a bush so fortunately I didn't have to get 'down and dirty'!  :laugh: they are the only thing on that bush too..there are no leaves yet at all!

the baby was born a week ago Friday, and those pic were taken mostly on the first day about four hours after he was born. the ones where he is laying in his mom's shadow and standing stretching his back leg out were taken Sat.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #301 on: March 04, 2008, 04:53:13 am »
I shot this over at Dad's house about 2 weeks ago. I'm not quite sure what the message is supposed to be, but.....

Boredom, thy name is David.   :P

Conditions: Incandescent Light
Camera Equipment: Canon PowerShot G9
Camera Mode: Manual
Aperture: f/3.2
Shutter Speed: 1/60
White Balance: Auto
Light Meter: Center Weight Average
Exposure Compensation Value: 0
ISO: 200
Flash: Low Burst, Second Curtain
Other: Image Stabilization

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

injest

« Reply #302 on: March 04, 2008, 07:02:43 am »
that actually is cool....I like that one lonely Pepsi can...adds a surprise to the pic!

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 04, 2008, 08:31:58 am »

I shot this over at Dad's house about 2 weeks ago. I'm not quite sure what the message is supposed to be, but.....

Love that pic, David. An apt title might be, "Dare to be Different."  Powerful message there.  ;)   :D
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

injest

« Reply #304 on: March 04, 2008, 09:33:40 am »
Love that pic, David. An apt title might be, "Dare to be Different."  Powerful message there.  ;)   :D

oh you are so SMART....that IS a perfect name!

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 04, 2008, 10:04:23 am »
oh you are so SMART....that IS a perfect name!

I love your photos of the little foal, Jess. So very beautiful.  :)
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #306 on: March 05, 2008, 07:37:31 pm »
Here's some pictures I made with a couple of my toy cars yesterday. I collect matchbox and miniature cars and trucks...

A Sunday drive in a matchbox size motor home!! :D

And here's a few pictures of a drive down the same "road" in a miniature Volkswagen van!!

I tried to make it look like they pulled over to the side of the road in this picture.....

injest

« Reply #307 on: March 05, 2008, 07:40:28 pm »
how cute!! and you have given me an idea!!

8) 8)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #308 on: March 05, 2008, 10:10:20 pm »
I love the toy car shots!

Thank you Susie!! I had fun shooting those pictures.

I have a Hagrid figurine and I'm thinking about making a picture of him, just as soon as I figure out something interesting. :)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #309 on: March 05, 2008, 10:24:57 pm »
We had an ice storm in Indiana yesterday! It basically paralyzed the city. Our power went out for a few hours, and the ice knocked down the phone lines for over a day! It was beautiful though. The ice coated everything - trees, roofs, cars, bushes.. everything.

Today Chris, Alex and I drove over to Dad's house and I decided to take some pictures. He has many more trees in his yard than I do. But today the temperature reached 40 F, so the ice was beginning to melt, and you can see the melting in this first picture.

A fast shutter speed allowed me to "freeze" a couple drops of water as they were falling....

Mode: Shutter Priority
Aperture: f/4.1
Shutter Speed: 1/500
Flash: Off

Warm weather in Indiana caused some of the trees to bud early, then the ice storm nipped them. Here's a bud on a small tree encased in ice....

The ice is nearly melted off the branches of this small tree. Yesterday many of the trees had a quarter to a half inch of ice on them.....

A set of tiny icicles forming under the grill....

Icicles forming under the upstairs balcony railing....

Baby it's cold outside!!!

I bought this raccoon for my Mom when I was about 15 years old. After she died, Dad put the raccoon out in the garage in a box. While out there, some water from the ceiling dripped on him and left a few rust stains. He's back in the house now! I thought I would allow him to pose for a picture with the icicles!