Author Topic: David's Shutter Bug Club  (Read 497052 times)

injest

Re: David's Shutter Bug Club
« Reply #320 on: March 07, 2008, 10:55:31 pm »
some photos using the macro!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #321 on: March 08, 2008, 03:33:26 pm »
Day one of the Great Blizzard of 2008

That looks like Indiana with all that snow!! It's hard to believe it's east TEXAS!!! I heard everyone down there was getting snow. :P

We received about 2 inches last night. Most of the snow in this area affected people just to the east of us. Cincinnati had a BLIZZARD! Literally. I never heard how much they ended up with, but when my cousin called me the winds were being clocked at 40 MPH and they had white out conditions.

I'm SICK of winter! Aren't you? :P

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #322 on: March 08, 2008, 03:40:30 pm »
some photos using the macro!

Aww. I always feel sorry for flowers when something like this happens. :'(

Every year when the daffodils come up, it always seems some late snow comes around and kills them. I feel so sorry for them. I'm always tempted to go out there, dig them up and bring them inside where they will be warm. My Dad has daffodils covering his entire front yard, down by the street. Mom planted them out there about 15 years ago, and they pop up out of the ground every spring. I dug a few up and took them over to my house and I planted them by the garage. And they bloom every spring too. I cover mine up with little bags when the late winter snows come, but Dad has way too many at his house to do something like this.

Nice pictures Jess! You are really good at taking pictures with your macro lens!! :D

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #323 on: March 08, 2008, 05:29:27 pm »
Well in spite of what my wallet had to say in the matter, I just bought on ebay a "Horizon Kompakt" panoramic camera from somebody in the Russian Federation. It is a cheap plastic rip off a Widelux, which I have always wanted. I checked the prices, which I thought would have come down over time but no.......

So for about $200 I will indulge my long held wish to take panoramic images. I would love to get a medium format one, but o-well I'll crawl this time and walk later.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

injest

« Reply #324 on: March 09, 2008, 03:37:40 am »
Well in spite of what my wallet had to say in the matter, I just bought on ebay a "Horizon Kompakt" panoramic camera from somebody in the Russian Federation. It is a cheap plastic rip off a Widelux, which I have always wanted. I checked the prices, which I thought would have come down over time but no.......

So for about $200 I will indulge my long held wish to take panoramic images. I would love to get a medium format one, but o-well I'll crawl this time and walk later.

I have never heard of this before, Truman....looking forward to seeing the pics!

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #325 on: March 09, 2008, 07:51:15 am »

I went crazy with my camera yesterday and took lots of pics in Sydney. After a tight cull, I put together a photo-essay titled, "Kerry's Visit to Heath at the Archibald."

Come on over and have a look:

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,17936.0.html
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

injest

« Reply #326 on: April 10, 2008, 11:01:05 am »
David  :P

Look at this picture...

what the heck? now I think it is BEEyoutiful...but how did I do it? It was not dark, I could see just fine, it WAS overcast...
but the camera was on automatic and I used the macro lens.

I guess this is a case of happy accident!!

:laugh: :laugh:

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #327 on: April 11, 2008, 01:14:16 am »
David  :P

Look at this picture...

what the heck? now I think it is BEEyoutiful...but how did I do it? It was not dark, I could see just fine, it WAS overcast...
but the camera was on automatic and I used the macro lens.

I guess this is a case of happy accident!!

:laugh: :laugh:

That IS a very beautiful picture Jess!!! Totally awesome! You have a real talent there girl friend! :D

And how did it happen? Did you have the flash turned on? If so, the camera would have set a more narrow aperture, thus darkening the background. The camera needs less aperture when the flash is turned on. Of course you can force the aperture by using the manual setting. Then, the background probably would have been a bit more noticable, but not much. If you wish to have the background appear in the picture, try turning OFF the flash, set a narrow aperture (for depth of field) and a slow shutter speed (USE A TRIPOD!!). That may help the next time.

I think your picture looks very nice just the way it is Jess! :)

If you did have the flash turned off, it is my guess the background appears dark due to the overcast skies. A slower shutter speed (1/8 maybe) would have helped in this case. If, after doing this, your picture looks over exposed, try downing the EC (exposure compensation) by one or two stops (one or two 1/3) and that may help the picture to look less over exposed.

injest

« Reply #328 on: April 11, 2008, 01:19:29 am »
I really like it too! but I was surprised! (I will tell you a secret....I didn't even look, I just held the camera down there and snapped!)

:D :laugh: :laugh:

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #329 on: April 11, 2008, 01:33:44 am »
I really like it too! but I was surprised! (I will tell you a secret....I didn't even look, I just held the camera down there and snapped!)

:D :laugh: :laugh:

You have an A series Canon, don't you Jess? It's a good camera. It knows what it's doing. :D

And it ALWAYS helps to have someone with an eye for composition on the other side. And that's YOU!! It's a gorgeous picture!!

Go out and take some more pictures for us! :)