Author Topic: David's Shutter Bug Club  (Read 501039 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: David's Shutter Bug Club
« Reply #490 on: June 22, 2008, 08:22:24 pm »
Wasn't it Annie Proulx who said, "Reality's not of much use out here". Go for it, Jess!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

injest

« Reply #491 on: June 22, 2008, 08:26:42 pm »
Wasn't it Annie Proulx who said, "Reality's not of much use out here". Go for it, Jess!

Ok! I am going IN!!!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #492 on: June 23, 2008, 12:36:55 am »
Ok! I am going IN!!!

Let us know how you like it Jess!

Hey Jack, do you ever use the color swap and color accent mode on your G9?

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #493 on: June 23, 2008, 01:34:36 am »
Camera: Canon Powershot G9
Camera Mode: Manual
Shutter Speed: 1/60
Aperture: f/3.5
White Balance: Auto
Exposure Comp: 0
Flash: Off

These pictures were taken a few weeks ago just as a storm was hitting Indianapolis. These storms caused extensive flooding to the state and spawned several tornadoes, one of which completely destroyed an apartment complex a couple of miles away.

The storm sirens were sounding as I snapped these, so obviously I didn't stay out there for very long.  :laugh:  :laugh:

See the airplane up towards the top? Yipes! I bet that was a turbulent landing.   :(  >:(

Offline ChrisC

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #494 on: June 23, 2008, 03:27:47 am »

These pictures were taken a few weeks ago just as a storm was hitting Indianapolis. These storms caused extensive flooding to the state and spawned several tornadoes, one of which completely destroyed an apartment complex a couple of miles away.

The storm sirens were sounding as I snapped these, so obviously I didn't stay out there for very long.  :laugh:  :laugh:

It must have been quite scary knowing there were tornadoes about.  I have never seen one on land, but when I was in the Merchant Navy I did see a couple of waterspouts, which I suppose is technically just a tornado at sea.  :)

injest

« Reply #495 on: June 23, 2008, 07:19:58 am »
Let us know how you like it Jess!

Hey Jack, do you ever use the color swap and color accent mode on your G9?

WHAT THE??!!

injest

« Reply #496 on: June 23, 2008, 07:21:34 am »
OFF TOPIC....

wouldn't Two and A Half Men have been better if they had made them gay??

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #497 on: June 23, 2008, 09:52:24 am »

Dang! My BetterMost alerts have started going through to my Spam folder  >:(  (God knows why!  :-\ ) and I missed seeing them. I just now found them and have been catching-up with past alerts, including those for this excellent thread (just read several pages of back-posts). Beautiful pics posted.  :D You all shame me. I must get out and take some snaps of my beautiful city. Watch this space.  ;)

I love the colour separation device on your camera, David. Very cute!  8)
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #498 on: June 23, 2008, 03:30:55 pm »
It must have been quite scary knowing there were tornadoes about.  I have never seen one on land, but when I was in the Merchant Navy I did see a couple of waterspouts, which I suppose is technically just a tornado at sea.  :)

The storm you see in those pictures was the first line of many severe storms that moved through the area. The tornadoes struck around 8:30 or 9:00 in the evening. We had no idea how bad it was going to get. Here in Indiana we are very familiar with tornadoes and severe weather, but these storms were particularly bad. They lasted for several days. It was still pretty calm outside when I took the pictures, but the sirens were sounding and there was a lot of lightening. All hell broke loose a few minutes after I went back into the house. :P

Dang! My BetterMost alerts have started going through to my Spam folder  >:(  (God knows why!  :-\ ) and I missed seeing them. I just now found them and have been catching-up with past alerts, including those for this excellent thread (just read several pages of back-posts). Beautiful pics posted.  :D You all shame me. I must get out and take some snaps of my beautiful city. Watch this space.  ;)

I love the colour separation device on your camera, David. Very cute!  8)

KERRY!!! I was wondering what happened to you! I thought you had lost interest in us! I'm glad to see you back here again buddy! :D

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #499 on: June 23, 2008, 03:38:55 pm »
WHAT THE??!!

It's just a goofy little feature on my camera Jess. I can choose a color and the camera will take a black and white picture with only that one specific color appearing in the photo. It's pretty easy to do.

I can also choose two colors and swap them. For example, if I took a picture of my dog Cody standing next to some blue flowers, I can choose the blue color from the flowers and the gold color from his fur and swap them, turning Cody blue and the flowers gold! :D

I really don't know how practical those features are, but they can be fun to play around with! ;) :)