Author Topic: David's Shutter Bug Club  (Read 502719 times)

injest

Re: David's Shutter Bug Club
« Reply #620 on: July 17, 2008, 06:25:01 pm »

Sydney Winter Sunset
July 2008
(Scroll over --->)

WHOA!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #621 on: July 17, 2008, 10:36:36 pm »
That's a beautiful picture of the sunset Kerry! You snapped the camera at just the right time. It looks like the sky is on FIRE!!! I love it! :D

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #622 on: July 17, 2008, 11:05:11 pm »
Camera: Canon Powershot G9
Shooting Mode: Manual
Image Size: 4000x3000 (reduced to 800x600 to facilitate posting on the Internet)
Aperture: f/6.3
Shutter Speed: 1/125
ISO:100
Flash: Off
Exposure Comp: 0
White Balance: Auto
Zoom: Optical x2
Optical IS (Image Stablization): On

This cute tuxedo cat has been appearing on my Dad's back patio for the past few weeks. He looks very similar to my cat, except he is much larger than Oreo. I took both of these pictures from inside the house because he is very skitterish and I was afraid he might run if he saw me approach him with my camera.

I think this cat has been abused. It took me nearly a week to make friends with him. I've been feeding him daily when I'm at Dad's house, bringing him saucers of milk once or twice a day. I've gained his trust now, and he will allow me to sit down next to him, pet him and even sit on my lap as he loudly purrs. He's a very sweet and cute cat, but like I said, I think he's been abused. He has several small sores just under his tail near his rectum and they look like cigarette burns. He will pull his ears back and hiss at me if I try to look at or touch his wounds. He doesn't like it. He will hiss, but he won't run off. If I find out for certainty he has been abused, I will take him with me to my house in Speedway. He deserves to live in a loving home and I'm sure Oreo and Cody would get along with him very well.

I have enormous love for animals (I don't think this is any secret here) and I seem to bond quickly for any animal that has been abused or mistreated. When I was young, my sister and I had a big fight one day. While I was at my friend's house, she took my three fantail goldfish out of their bowl and nailed them to the front porch of our house. I found them impaled with nails on one of the porch posts and completely dried out several hours later when I returned home.   I gently pulled them off, carried them inside and dropped them back in their water hoping to revive them, but they just floated up at the top. I'll never forget it as long as I live.  :'(

My sister seemed to pass along her tendancy for animal abuse to her children. After my sister was married and had children, they adpoted a kitten. They were attending church at the time and the kids decided to name the kitten Amen. Every time I would go over to their house Amen seemed to grow meaner and meaner. He became so mean he would jump on people and bite them on the back of their necks and dig his claws into their shoulders. Later I found out my nephew had been throwing the cat into the toilet and closing the lid, and sticking pencils up his rectum. Personally I don't blame Amen for being angry, but I digress. Soon they decided they didn't want the cat anymore because he was so aggresive. I offered to take the cat to my house but they wouldn't let me. A few weeks later they took the cat to the vet and had him executed! They said it had to be done because the cat was "untrainable". That's a crock of bullshit, and I've never forgiven my sister for it.  >:(

Anyway, so now this sweet cat has appeared over at my Dad's house. Poor little kitty!  :'(  :'(

If I find out he's being abused I will take him home with me. We've bonded with each other and have become very good friends! :)

« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 12:49:14 am by DavidInIndy »

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #623 on: July 17, 2008, 11:14:29 pm »
And how could I forget you David, I'm still about, but as I've said to Kelda, have been really busy.  :)

I still have some pics to up load yet so watch this space.  ;D

I'm looking forward to seeing your new pictures! :D

injest

« Reply #624 on: July 17, 2008, 11:35:10 pm »
I think you are a very sweet and special person, David. A lot of kids would have grown up mean, I am glad you have something special inside you that let you stay strong.

{{{{David}}}}}

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #625 on: July 18, 2008, 12:45:13 am »
I think you are a very sweet and special person, David. A lot of kids would have grown up mean, I am glad you have something special inside you that let you stay strong.

{{{{David}}}}}

{{{JESS}}} :-*

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #626 on: July 18, 2008, 01:47:03 am »

{{{{David}}}}}

What Jess said.

{{{David}}}
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #627 on: July 20, 2008, 03:30:22 pm »
I dont see no pictures of kitty kat...  ???
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

injest

« Reply #628 on: July 20, 2008, 04:22:34 pm »
Camera: Canon Powershot G9
Shooting Mode: Manual
Image Size: 4000x3000 (reduced to 800x600 to facilitate posting on the Internet)
Aperture: f/6.3
Shutter Speed: 1/125
ISO:100
Flash: Off
Exposure Comp: 0
White Balance: Auto
Zoom: Optical x2
Optical IS (Image Stablization): On

This cute tuxedo cat has been appearing on my Dad's back patio for the past few weeks. He looks very similar to my cat, except he is much larger than Oreo. I took both of these pictures from inside the house because he is very skitterish and I was afraid he might run if he saw me approach him with my camera.

I think this cat has been abused. It took me nearly a week to make friends with him. I've been feeding him daily when I'm at Dad's house, bringing him saucers of milk once or twice a day. I've gained his trust now, and he will allow me to sit down next to him, pet him and even sit on my lap as he loudly purrs. He's a very sweet and cute cat, but like I said, I think he's been abused. He has several small sores just under his tail near his rectum and they look like cigarette burns. He will pull his ears back and hiss at me if I try to look at or touch his wounds. He doesn't like it. He will hiss, but he won't run off. If I find out for certainty he has been abused, I will take him with me to my house in Speedway. He deserves to live in a loving home and I'm sure Oreo and Cody would get along with him very well.

I have enormous love for animals (I don't think this is any secret here) and I seem to bond quickly for any animal that has been abused or mistreated. When I was young, my sister and I had a big fight one day. While I was at my friend's house, she took my three fantail goldfish out of their bowl and nailed them to the front porch of our house. I found them impaled with nails on one of the porch posts and completely dried out several hours later when I returned home.   I gently pulled them off, carried them inside and dropped them back in their water hoping to revive them, but they just floated up at the top. I'll never forget it as long as I live.  :'(

My sister seemed to pass along her tendancy for animal abuse to her children. After my sister was married and had children, they adpoted a kitten. They were attending church at the time and the kids decided to name the kitten Amen. Every time I would go over to their house Amen seemed to grow meaner and meaner. He became so mean he would jump on people and bite them on the back of their necks and dig his claws into their shoulders. Later I found out my nephew had been throwing the cat into the toilet and closing the lid, and sticking pencils up his rectum. Personally I don't blame Amen for being angry, but I digress. Soon they decided they didn't want the cat anymore because he was so aggresive. I offered to take the cat to my house but they wouldn't let me. A few weeks later they took the cat to the vet and had him executed! They said it had to be done because the cat was "untrainable". That's a crock of bullshit, and I've never forgiven my sister for it.  >:(

Anyway, so now this sweet cat has appeared over at my Dad's house. Poor little kitty!  :'(  :'(

If I find out he's being abused I will take him home with me. We've bonded with each other and have become very good friends! :)

I see them....can you not?

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #629 on: July 20, 2008, 04:37:07 pm »
I see him now but not before.

David - thats a horrible story about both present Kitty and Amen. But luckily present Kitty has you to care for him now!

http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/