Author Topic: David's Shutter Bug Club  (Read 502715 times)

injest

Re: David's Shutter Bug Club
« Reply #670 on: July 28, 2008, 11:44:23 pm »

A pic of a bloom on my Crepe Myrtle tree this afternoon.  I used a setting that reads closer than 28cm.  What do you think?  Im going to try and get a better pic in a sunnier day of a purple bloom.

ooooh!!! it looks like it is made from crepe paper!!

beautiful!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #671 on: July 29, 2008, 02:53:30 am »

A pic of a bloom on my Crepe Myrtle tree this afternoon.  I used a setting that reads closer than 28cm.  What do you think?  Im going to try and get a better pic in a sunnier day of a purple bloom.

I agree! That really is a beautiful flower picture. Do you remember what camera settings you used when you took it?

I need to get my ass up off the couch and take some pictures. I've been feeling lazy these days for some reason. Maybe this week I'll do it. :D

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline ChrisC

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #672 on: August 05, 2008, 02:45:57 am »
You're going to London Chris?!!! Oh, I LOVE London! It's my favorite city. :D

I hope you have a lot of fun there. Hopefully you are going there to play, and not for work! Don't forget your camera, and take some pictures for us, okay? :)

Hi Folks

Back from London now, had an amazing time and took lots of pictures, so I'll be posting some for everybody to see.

Weather was really hot, the first day, monday, was a humid 35C  :P with the rest of week in the upper 20's

Places we (Sister & I) visited:
Monday:   London Aquarium, London Eye, Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey, Downing Street, Horse Guards Parade, St James Park, Buckinham Palace.
Tuesday:   Spend all day shopping in Harrods (9 hours)
Wednesday:   Greenwich O2 Arena, Tutankahmun Exhibition, Canary Wharf, Kylie Monogue Concert.
Thursday:   Piccadilly Circus, Soho, Bond Street

So by Friday we were totally worn out   ;D

injest

« Reply #673 on: August 05, 2008, 07:38:11 am »
OOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

trip pictures!! I never go anywhere I LOVE trip pics!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #674 on: August 05, 2008, 04:34:50 pm »
OOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

trip pictures!! I never go anywhere I LOVE trip pics!

I love looking at vacation pictures too Jess!

Hi Folks

Back from London now, had an amazing time and took lots of pictures, so I'll be posting some for everybody to see.

Weather was really hot, the first day, monday, was a humid 35C  :P with the rest of week in the upper 20's

Places we (Sister & I) visited:
Monday:   London Aquarium, London Eye, Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey, Downing Street, Horse Guards Parade, St James Park, Buckinham Palace.
Tuesday:   Spend all day shopping in Harrods (9 hours)
Wednesday:   Greenwich O2 Arena, Tutankahmun Exhibition, Canary Wharf, Kylie Monogue Concert.
Thursday:   Piccadilly Circus, Soho, Bond Street

So by Friday we were totally worn out   ;D

Oh WOW! 35 C is VERY HOT! That's about 95 F, isn't it? That sounds like the temperatures we get over here. It looks like you had a lot of fun Chris, and I'm glad the weather cooled off a bit. We're looking foward to seeing your vacation pictures from London! :D

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #675 on: August 06, 2008, 12:06:39 am »
I took this picture yesterday. The weird thing about it is I took the picture in the EVENING, just as the sun was setting. The colors in the sky resembled more of a sunRISE than a sunSET. The colors were hues of lavender, pink and antique blue. It was beautiful. I think this was due to an approaching thunderstorm which we didn't know at the time had caused severe damage up in the northern part of the state. I had noticed pinks and purples reflecting off the wall in the hallway, and when I looked through the window I saw the unusual colors, so I ran outside with my camera and took a picture of it! :)

Camera: Canon Powershot G9
Shooting Mode: Program
Aperture: f/4.5
Shutter Speed: 1/30
Exposure Compensation: -1 1/3
ISO: 200
Image Stablization: Off (I should have turned it on, the picture is a bit blurry)
Zoom: Optical X6
Flash: Off

injest

« Reply #676 on: August 06, 2008, 12:24:35 am »
oh how PRETTY!

even IF it was from a bad storm...it was beautiful!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #677 on: August 06, 2008, 05:19:48 pm »
looking forward to the pics Chris.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #678 on: August 15, 2008, 02:46:52 am »
For all the sports fans out there.  We've been going to a lot of games.  This is Tropicana Feild home of the Tampa Bay Rays.  GO RAYS!!!!

injest

« Reply #679 on: August 15, 2008, 08:21:01 am »
now that is a cool pic...how did you get it to focus so well on such a large area?