Author Topic: David's Shutter Bug Club  (Read 502774 times)

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: David's Shutter Bug Club
« Reply #680 on: August 16, 2008, 12:52:13 am »
For all the sports fans out there.  We've been going to a lot of games.  This is Tropicana Feild home of the Tampa Bay Rays.  GO RAYS!!!!

Wow, that is a good picture!!!

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #681 on: August 16, 2008, 01:01:59 am »
I have to get more involved in this thread since one of my major passions is photography. There is just a lot to catch up on with this thread. I know I realize I have a lot to learn about my Canon G9.......and what a wonderful camera it is.......it even takes great video. I have used it pretty much exclusively this summer on all the trips. I'm really wondering why I bought the Powershot TX1 since I have really not used it much at all. It's a good camera, but the G9 is so much better in my opinion. Then of course I have the big one, the EOS, which I have hardly used at all. I know it is capable of a lot, but now it is one of the older ones........about 2 to 3 years old.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #682 on: August 16, 2008, 02:25:33 am »
For all the sports fans out there.  We've been going to a lot of games.  This is Tropicana Feild home of the Tampa Bay Rays.  GO RAYS!!!!

Go Rays!!! YAY!!! :D

Excellent pic Dev!!

Going to baseball games is so much fun! I remember going to the Cincinnati Reds games down at Riverfront Stadium when I was a kid.

Thanks for posting the picture! :)

I have to get more involved in this thread since one of my major passions is photography. There is just a lot to catch up on with this thread. I know I realize I have a lot to learn about my Canon G9.......and what a wonderful camera it is.......it even takes great video. I have used it pretty much exclusively this summer on all the trips. I'm really wondering why I bought the Powershot TX1 since I have really not used it much at all. It's a good camera, but the G9 is so much better in my opinion. Then of course I have the big one, the EOS, which I have hardly used at all. I know it is capable of a lot, but now it is one of the older ones........about 2 to 3 years old.

I can't wait until they release the spec info for the Canon G10, Jack! What do you think? I LOVE my G9 but if the specifications are tempting enough I might have to go for the G10 too! lol

I've been wondering what the G10 will have to offer. :D

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #683 on: August 16, 2008, 09:15:49 am »
Hey David baby, :-*

Here's a sneak preview of my Cornish holiday snaps.  I took this on Thursday at sunset ... I didn't do anything with the camera settings ... just let it decide for itself ... I got the girls to do a three..two..one..jump!  The sun had gone down by then, so there wasn't a great deal of light left, but I love the way it came out  :D

Susie  :)

Susie this is a wonderful pic!  I love the cameo of the girls with whats left of the sunset all around.  Awesome colors!  Where is this pic taken.  Sorry I dont know how to determine what Cornish is matched to?

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #684 on: August 16, 2008, 10:47:07 am »

Go Rays!!! YAY!!! :D

Excellent pic Dev!!

Going to baseball games is so much fun! I remember going to the Cincinnati Reds games down at Riverfront Stadium when I was a kid.

Thanks for posting the picture! :)

I really wanted to go and see the Yankees when I was in NYC, but I didn't make it.........never enough time. Then I could see the Dodgers stadium from my hotel room in LA, but I didn't get to see a game there either. I would also love to see a Giants game whenever or if I ever go back to SF.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #685 on: August 16, 2008, 10:49:10 am »

I can't wait until they release the spec info for the Canon G10, Jack! What do you think? I LOVE my G9 but if the specifications are tempting enough I might have to go for the G10 too! lol

I've been wondering what the G10 will have to offer. :D

Now don't remind me about the G10 David cause I will want one of those too  ;D I do wonder what all it will offer. As I say I do LOVE the G9. How many of the G series do you have David?

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #686 on: August 17, 2008, 01:38:14 am »
Now don't remind me about the G10 David cause I will want one of those too  ;D I do wonder what all it will offer. As I say I do LOVE the G9. How many of the G series do you have David?

I've owned the G3 and the G6 in the past, but I no longer have them. I gave them to friends later on looking to own a digital camera. I doubt I will EVER part with my G9 though. It's an excellent camera. But all of Canon's G series cameras have been excellent. And there's just something about the G9....

I ALMOST bought a G5 a few years ago, when it was still available at the electronics and camera stores, but for some reason I decided to buy a Sony F717 instead. I don't regret my decision, but in all honesty I should have bought the G5 too. It's a very good camera and it's quite sexy. Very handsome. If I ever come across one for sale in the future, I'll buy it without even thinking. :D

How many G Series cameras have you owned Jack?

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #687 on: August 17, 2008, 01:47:14 am »
Now where is Chris? He promised us lots of pictures of London!  :-\

*David hollers for Chris over the radio with a bunch of static in the background*

David calling Chris. David calling Chris. Come in Chris. Over.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #688 on: August 17, 2008, 01:22:42 pm »
Great pic susie
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #689 on: August 18, 2008, 07:10:26 am »
I've owned the G3 and the G6 in the past, but I no longer have them. I gave them to friends later on looking to own a digital camera. I doubt I will EVER part with my G9 though. It's an excellent camera. But all of Canon's G series cameras have been excellent. And there's just something about the G9....

I ALMOST bought a G5 a few years ago, when it was still available at the electronics and camera stores, but for some reason I decided to buy a Sony F717 instead. I don't regret my decision, but in all honesty I should have bought the G5 too. It's a very good camera and it's quite sexy. Very handsome. If I ever come across one for sale in the future, I'll buy it without even thinking. :D

How many G Series cameras have you owned Jack?

This is the first G series Canon I have owned David and I am VERY pleased with it. I was a little shocked by the video quality of it as well. When I was in LA there was a music group performing and I was wishing I had brought my Sony Handycam. Then I realized the G9 could do video too and it did a great job. I have several Canon cameras, but this is the only G series. You are right the G9 is an excellent camera plus it is small.