Author Topic: David's Shutter Bug Club  (Read 502806 times)

injest

Re: David's Shutter Bug Club
« Reply #700 on: September 21, 2008, 07:35:42 pm »
There's nothing cuter than cowboy ass! :D

Thanks for the picture Jess! Did he even realize you were shooting his ass? If so, what did he say about it? :o

I was NOT shooting his behiney!! YA"LL are the ones looking at his hiney....not me...I was just taking a picture of as much of him as I could...

;D ;D ;D

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #701 on: September 21, 2008, 07:59:54 pm »
I was NOT shooting his behiney!! YA"LL are the ones looking at his hiney....not me...I was just taking a picture of as much of him as I could...

;D ;D ;D

:laugh:  Suuuuure, Jess. We believe you. Millions wouldn't, but we do.  ::)   ;)   :laugh:

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

injest

« Reply #702 on: September 21, 2008, 08:30:47 pm »
:laugh:  Suuuuure, Jess. We believe you. Millions wouldn't, but we do.  ::)   ;)   :laugh:

well as long as my friends still support me that is all I care about!

injest

« Reply #703 on: September 21, 2008, 08:32:59 pm »
I thought cowboys were required to wear Wranglers!  >:(

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #704 on: September 28, 2008, 04:55:58 pm »
I thought cowboys were required to wear Wranglers!  >:(

I'd like it a lot better if they weren't required to wear anything at all! ;)

I love both of those booties Jess! mmmmmmm - MMMM!!! :D

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
Jack - Take a look at THIS!!!
« Reply #705 on: September 28, 2008, 05:36:40 pm »
I was looking around on the Internet to find out if they've released any info on the new Canon G10, and look what I found over at the Circuit City website....

But when I clicked on the link it didn't work! I got an error screen. >:(

Figures, doesn't it? ::)

So anyway, I looked around some more and I found some more detailed specs about the G10 over on other websites. Here's what the new G10 looks like....

Front view:

Back view:

As you can see, there is very little difference in the body style of the camera. Canon has raised the flash/view finder side of the camera slightly, however the color and styling of the cameras remains the same. Canon seems to be sticking to the original styling of the G7 and has carried this through all the way to the G10.

Apparently there are some new features on the G10...

1. The G10 is a 15 mp camera (14.7 mp)

2. Canon has employed the new DIGIC 4 imaging processor in the G10. Our G9s have a DIGIC 3 processor.

3. Improved Face Detection.

4. New Face Detection Self Timer. Using motion detection, the camera can detect an increase in the number of faces and will wait until the photographer gets on-camera before taking the shot. The motion detection will track more moving subjects in a larger range and retain focus on moving subjects after the shutter button has been pressed down half way. Focus and color adjustments are made automatically without the aid of the photographer.

5. New Intelligent Contrast Correction. This new intelligent contrast correction system is called i-Contrast and controls the contrast within the pixels units to brighten dark areas while leaving bright areas unchanged for better images where the main subject is dark, and more natural transition. The PowerShot G10 can even use i-Contrast in playback mode to adjust images that were shot without the setting activated.

6. New auto red eye modes -
1) The Red-eye Correction during shooting actually identifies and corrects red-eye in human subjects as pictures are taken.
2) The G10 can be set to automatically detect and correct red-eye during image playback.
3) You can manually locate any red eyes in a scene during image playback on the LCD screen, and command the camera to remove them.

7. Improved Optical Image Stabilization.

8. 26 shooting modes and 17 scene modes.

9. Improved noise reduction in high ISO ranges.

The controls on the back panel appear to have the exact same arrangement as on the G9. The only difference I can see is the playback button is now black instead of silver.

I also read the ISO control knob on the top of the camera has been moved to the other side of the camera, and is now an outer ring of the mode dial. An exposure compensation knob now sits where the ISO dial used to be located on the G9.

The zoom range is less on the G10 than on the G9. For some reason Canon reduced the zoom range from 6x to 5x. I don't know why they did this but I find it a bit disappointing. I was hoping they would increase the range to 7 or 8x.

That's about all I have been able to find out so far Jack. The price of the G10 will be $499.99 and it is scheduled to be released for sale in October 2008. :)

injest

« Reply #706 on: September 28, 2008, 06:33:58 pm »
I am looking at THIS camera myself...

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&fcategoryid=183&modelid=16336

Powershot A590

you can add LENS on it! they have a telephoto and wide angle lens that goes on....

Circuit City has it for $129.99!!

(ok the lens cost as much as the camera....but STILL!)

:laugh: :laugh:

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #707 on: September 28, 2008, 07:10:16 pm »
The A590 looks like a very nice camera Jess. It has an optical image stabilizer (which is far better than digital IS), face detection, a high ISO range and widescreen capabilities. I know there's a lot of good camera manufacturers out there (Sony, Olympus, Nikon etc) but you'll never go wrong if you buy a Canon. All of their cameras are excellent.

Gosh, I sound like a Canon salesman, don't I? ;) ;D

injest

« Reply #708 on: September 28, 2008, 07:16:08 pm »
The A590 looks like a very nice camera Jess. It has an optical image stabilizer (which is far better than digital IS), face detection, a high ISO range and widescreen capabilities. I know there's a lot of good camera manufacturers out there (Sony, Olympus, Nikon etc) but you'll never go wrong if you buy a Canon. All of their cameras are excellent.

Gosh, I sound like a Canon salesman, don't I? ;) ;D

LOL!!

yes you do!! But I agree. I am really happy with my Canons. The A530 I have has a problem....it still takes GREAT still images but no longer works in the camera mode. (it won't zoom) but it is ok, I need another camera anyway. So I am keeping the A530 to take close ups with the 'flower' mode and getting the A590 so I can get a telephoto lens!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #709 on: September 28, 2008, 07:42:42 pm »
LOL!!

yes you do!! But I agree. I am really happy with my Canons. The A530 I have has a problem....it still takes GREAT still images but no longer works in the camera mode. (it won't zoom) but it is ok, I need another camera anyway. So I am keeping the A530 to take close ups with the 'flower' mode and getting the A590 so I can get a telephoto lens!

Yup, owning a camera that allows for different lenses is nice Jess. And it's not unusual at all to find lenses that cost as much or more than the camera. This is often the case with SLR cameras. SLR lenses often run 10 or 20 times as much as the camera, for very high quality professional lenses. Lenses are often hand crafted and the glass they use can be extremely expensive. But don't let that scare you away from getting the optional lens for your camera. It would be a very nice addition and it will provide you with many more options when taking pictures. :)