Author Topic: OT: It's a BUST guys: DA VINCI  (Read 52431 times)

vkm91941

Re: OT: It's a BUST guys: DA VINCI
« Reply #70 on: May 19, 2006, 12:31:51 pm »

vkm91941

« Reply #71 on: May 19, 2006, 12:32:15 pm »

vkm91941

« Reply #72 on: May 19, 2006, 12:32:41 pm »

vkm91941

« Reply #73 on: May 19, 2006, 12:33:23 pm »

vkm91941

« Reply #74 on: May 19, 2006, 12:34:40 pm »
Sorry guys could not resist!   :laugh:

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #75 on: May 19, 2006, 12:36:31 pm »
Yes.  And then it will have the worst second weekend in history when everyone tells two friends how much it blew.

My prediction:  4 weeks.  Good-bye.

Yes but in that 4 weeks it will gross more then any other film has this year....critics or no critics this film is still gonna make buckets full of money...

rtprod

« Reply #76 on: May 19, 2006, 12:53:55 pm »
Yes but in that 4 weeks it will gross more then any other film has this year....critics or no critics this film is still gonna make buckets full of money...

And that is a rather sad commentary in my book.  Truthfully, since when has box office mattered to anyone interested in quality films?  It's more an issue of the rapidly descending quality of American movies that cannot stand up to their Emperor's New Clothes studio hype, and this one fits that bill.

In a case like this, the money may rake itself in initially but then the film will turn audiences off, and the end result is that this is exactly why attendance is down at the movies these days--people are less and less satisfied by the product, and with increasing ticket prices, they feel burned. 

Why spend twenty bucks on a movie like this when you could use that money to buy a DVD of a quality film you love? 
« Last Edit: May 19, 2006, 01:07:21 pm by rtprod »

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #77 on: May 19, 2006, 01:08:12 pm »
And that is a rather sad commentary in my book.  Truthfully, since when has box office mattered to anyone interested in quality films?  It's more an issue of the rapidly descending quality of American movies that cannot stand up to their Emperor's New Clothes studio hype, and this one fits that bill.

In a case like this, the money may rake itself in initially but then the film will turn audiences off, and the end result is that this is exactly why attendance is down at the movies these days--people are less and less excited by the product, and with increasing ticket prices, they feel burned. 

Why spend twenty bucks on a movie like this when you could use that money to buy a DVD of a quality film you love? 

Well in my profession the box office matters A LOT!  But I agree...movies are made for money these days...and often times (well a lot of the times) they lack quality...but then again thats what a blockbuster is right...these days at least LOL

But I liked the movie so...I saw it in the theater and will buy the DVD too....LOL

I understand your point though and agree... :)

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
« Reply #78 on: May 19, 2006, 01:09:08 pm »
USA Today trashed it this morning with two stars and said they turned the novel into plodding nonsense, with an annoying soundtrack to boot.  They were also not impressed with Tom Hanks in this, and Ron Howard is no longer the golden boy.

Muhahahaha... take it down more pegs.
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #79 on: May 19, 2006, 01:15:29 pm »
USA Today trashed it this morning with two stars and said they turned the novel into plodding nonsense, with an annoying soundtrack to boot.  They were also not impressed with Tom Hanks in this, and Ron Howard is no longer the golden boy.

Muhahahaha... take it down more pegs.

Yeah well its definetely NOT Tom Hanks' greatest performance.....not by a long shot...

And Ron Howard is ok....but probably wasn't a strong enough director to bring it to life...but I enjoyed it nonetheless...