Author Topic: Observations of an Aspie (the actual story doesn't really have a title yet)  (Read 2245 times)

Offline Katness

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Proud wolf in human clothing.
Ok, this is the first four pages of a story that I've just started. And it is my first story I've ever attemtpted to write. If I posted this on IMDB I would probably be accused of not including enough guys in it.

However, this is based partly on my imagination. Partly on films I've seen. Partly on my feelings and thoughts and bits from my life. Although because I don't really know anyone all the character and situation are from my head. I'm still writing it.

But thought I'd post the first few pages and let you guys read it. Tell me your opinions. Make suggestions of ways the story could go or what have you.

Of course, I may not take you up on your suggestions.  :P But I'd consider them.  But you can suggest ANYTHING. As this being my first story, I sometimes get stuck. But we will see. Oh and it has no title yet. Can't think of one at the moment.

The Story

Meet Fleur. A voluptuous woman, tall of about 5 foot 11, long black hair, long legs, toned but not over worked out like Demi Moore in Striptease, But a very nice body.

Now meet Domela. A gorgeous, long sandy haired woman, not quite as tall as Fleur but taller then me anyway. I’d estimate her to be about 5 foot 8. 

Me? I’m just an observer at this friend’s birthday. Well Domela’s birthday. And she happens to be one of my best friends. Only Domela and Fleur don’t know each other, as Fleur was invited by one of my other friend’s, Kate. You see, Fleur is Kate’s collegue from work and Kate is Domela’s older sister. Currently, we are in a small terrace house in a long line of almost identical ones, and we are with in walking distance of King Street. Well now. Some people at this birthday, Like me for instance don’t really talk much, unless of course we are telling a story or with people we actually know.

I’m watching this one man, who is closer to 6 foot. He is trying to hit on Domela. However, Fleur has had her eye on Domela for quite sometime. Even before this guy. Who I don’t recognise, came along. What he doesn’t know is that Domela is lesbian. So he is going to have a hard time. He also doesn’t realize that Dolema has had her eye on Fleur all night.

He isn’t very observant. Not even when she is eyeing up Fleur who is standing behind him and to one side while he is trying to hit on her, for about the thousandth time tonight. Fleur is now watching him like a hawk, and she doesn’t realize that Domela is eyeing her up. But then Domela hasn’t realized that Fleur has been eyeing her up either.  I suppose I should really introduce them, as I’m friends with Fleur, since I met her after getting a job as janitor where Kate works. And possibly find a way to deter the guy. But, hell, I’m finding this whole thing both extremely fascinating and amusing. Besides, I think Fleur might be plotting something. And knowing her, this is going to be extremely entertaining.

Ok, this is something interesting. James, one of our gay friends is now eyeing up this guy, whose name I still don’t know, who is hitting on Domela again after already being told “no”. I look at Fleur, who is looking at James who is eyeing up this guy. She looks at me, nods to James. I look at James and he is moving towards This guy who is hitting on Domela.

The front door bell chimes. Kate answers it. I can’t see the person at the door But judging from her reaction, it is someone who we don’t like. But she welcomes the person in anyway. Oh, it is Dutch the Dickhead. Actually, now that I think about it. Both Dutch and this guy hitting on Domela would make the perfect married couple. Ok, now I’m getting mischievous. And I feel a grin creeping across my face.

Anyway, Dutch, he is Kate’s partner, or rather was. He is now the partner of one of Kate’s close friends, who she’s still friends with. Dutch is more the type of guy who would, if he found out you are lesbian and have a partner, “proposition” you. And that is exactly what he did. To Alice, another of our close knit group, straight in front of  Kate, and Alice’s partner at the time. Well, I won’t go into details of what the proposition consisted of. But lets just say that it was much more colourful then all the talk of sex combined in “Closer”. Not only that, but that was Kate and Dutch’s engagement party. Now, I had been observing Dutch all night that night. And he still had his wits about him even though he was drunk. Well, you know what they say about drunkenness making your true colours come out. As that particular night wore on, Dutch became even more “charming”. Needless to say, Kate walked right up to him, and gave him a piece of her mind in a way that only made her more attractive to me.

Oh, my name is Vera by the way. Now I would approach Kate, however knowing my luck she is probably heterosexual. But what with a few red wines in me. I may actually ask her. Or Domela, considering they are close knit and I won’t run the risk of feeling like a fool if it does turn out that Kate is heterosexual.

Which reminds me. I turn to look at James who is now talking to the guy who was hitting on Domela. Dutch in the mean time is distracted with a woman, namely Sarah who is Alice’s sister and she seems to be enjoying him. Or at least playing with his brain. So he will be distracted for a while. He is a bit of a masochist that way. Once he meets a woman who can play with your brain the way she does, he will stay for a long time. He may even hit on her. However, he won’t get anywhere as she hated him since she first laid eyes on him.

I notice James is still talking to that guy who was making a pass a Domela for most of the night. And what I’m finding hilarious is that that guy is looking at James sideways, not really a threatening look, just an ever so slightly put off look about having a guy make a pass at him.

I then look in Domela and Fleur’s random direction and notice they are looking at James. I go over to join them.

“Oh Domela”
“Yes, Vera?”
“I have a question about your sister” I say that while looking in Kate’s random direction and eyeing her up. Now Kate, she is the closest to my hight, I’m about 5 foot 1, she also has shortish hair that is nutmeg brown like mine. And her eyes are green. But like Fleur, she has a toned but not too toned body. But that’s not surprising considering both Fleur and Kate work together as dancers. And Kate was the one who introduced  me  to Fleur. That was after Domela introduced me to Kate. But before Kate broke off her engagement with Dutch.

Domela is saying to me “Ohhh you like Kate”.
“Yes, why yes I do”
“Well, go, go tell her”
“Uhh”
“Vera, Kate goes that way too”
“Oh?, ok!” I feel a smile creep across my face. I quickly glance at James. “Say, do you even know who that guy was that was hitting on you, Domela?”
“No”
“Guess I’ll ask James about him later, Oh and Fleur, meet Domela, Domela, meet Fleur. There, formal introductions. You two can stop eyeing each other from across the room now, and actually talk” On that note, I walk off in Kate’s direction.

“Hello, Kate”
“Hello, Vera” This is where I’d tell her that I’m very attracted to her, and how I feel. However, even with wine in me, I’m still lose my supposed nerves of steel. Damn it. And so we end up talking about how her day was. And about James who is still talking to that guy who was hitting on Domela. I look in Domela’s direction and notice both her a Fleur getting very comfortable with each other. At which point I say to Kate “Looks like you just made a match in heaven. Possibly” and I nod in Domela’s direction.
“Well, that’s the whole reason I invited Fleur here, because I knew her and Domela would meld”. You see Domela, is yet to be “indoctrinated” into the lesbian fold, so to speak. Kate and I both know that she is more then ready as Domela had told us herself. She just has never met anyone she liked, until tonight that is. That goes for me too. And I told Domela that too. Now, I just need to get my nerves of steel back long enough to say what I want to say to Kate and hopefully not sound like a fool as a result. Usually, I’m really horrible at recognizing when someone is making a pass at me. But thats probably because I’ve been diagnosed as having Aspergers, and I usually get my messages muddled that is of course unless I’m watching other people, if it is other people then I can pick up on it almost immediately but if it is me then  it is sort of like being colour blind, only to messages. So usually if I’m at a bar with Alice, and some gorgeous woman is staring at me I think, what? What the hell are you staring at me for? And Kate must have seen the look on my face as she then said “Yes, I was eyeing you up”

........More coming........
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing.

If all is not lost, then where is it?

I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

Offline BBM-Cat

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Katness - Sounds like a very interesting beginning - very intricate and complex. The different personalities, genders, and sexual orientations should provide a very rich story with endless possibilities. It almost sounds like a true story in some respects. I'm not a writer by far, but I wanted to provide you some feedback in your endeavor. Good luck in developing the rest of your story!
Six-word Stories:  ~Jack: Lightning Flat, lightning love, flat denied   ~Ennis: Open space: flat tire, tire iron?

Offline Katness

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Proud wolf in human clothing.
Thank you.

All I need to do now is think of a better title.

Sincerely, Kat.
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing.

If all is not lost, then where is it?

I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.